Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)

Started by Mewtwo2000, March 16, 2010, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What would you like me to release next?

Melee Mute City
73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley
31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky
17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle
14 (8%)
Fire Temple
13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut
3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern
3 (1.7%)
Venom
4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man
17 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 175

M2000 often prefers to work on N64-based stages and SSBM stages. im doubting he would take up any of those.

Switch FC: SW-4190-2933-4524

yea that's true but it was worth a shot :)
             
I'll smash you!!!

link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67633.0
come check out our Project Sm4sh brawl!!!!!

link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67091.0
come check out my psa page!

Quote from: Bad Box Art Mega Man on March 16, 2014, 02:49:28 AM
M2000 often prefers to work on N64-based stages and SSBM stages. im doubting he would take up any of those.

This.

You know, I always make stages that mean something to me, and while it's possible that the wiiU and 3ds games mean something to me someday, right now they don't. They're not even out yet. Also, in case of the WiiU stages, they'd look clearly worse than the real things. There's that boxing ring Oizen made, which looks pretty cool, but that's an exception. There's no way I could make a good representation of the battlefield, for example. And the spirit tracks train is already being made.

That, together with the ton of unreleased stages I got, and those that are still in my plans and not made yet, make me not to be interested at all in WiiU/3DS stages.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Talking about N64 stages, I'm nearly done with Sector Z.

[SSBB hack] - Sector Z (N64) [Preview]

In the spoiler there's a video showing the first version I made of this stage. There's a newer one, but I never made a video. The only visual difference would be the 'Z' in the background, which would be just like the one in the new version of the stage.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

What's the changelist with Sector Z, Mewtwo? I still have the first one you released.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


The first one?

Well, let's see, from the first to the second one, this would be the changelist, more or less:

- Replaced 'Z' from Starfox 64 with the 'Z' from Smash Bros 64.
- Edited camera to not be that far all the time.
- Slighly changed size (2.5% smaller)

From the second one to the new one:

- Replaced Great Fox from Melee with Great Fox from N64
- Replaced arwings from Melee with arwings from N64
- Replaced wolfen from Melee with arwings from N64
- Replaced melee arwing lasers with N64 arwing lasers
- Camera and death limit tweaks
- Bigger version of the stage (28% larger)
- Changed moving background elements to look more accurate to the original
- Added moving foreground elements like in the original

The 'new' model is nearly the same in shape except for the higher part. That one is a little shorter compared to the rest of the stage. In other words, when they made the melee Great Fox, besides scaling it down, they made the higher part of the ship a little taller.

Anyway, there will be 4 versions of the stage: 2 versions with the N64 ship and 2 versions with the Melee one. People will choose the one they prefer.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Actually, since I don't redownload hacks so often, I probably have the first released version of every single one of your hacks. Last I checked, I even had that WIP Fountain of Dreams secretly released on christmas...
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Oh, the Fountain of Dreams in Christmas as a gift... good times...

Well, some of the stages in the vault are quite outdated too ^^U

For example, the Dreamland in the vault doesn't have moving flowers nor the less pixelated tree yet, and that one exists since more than one year already. Same to Fountain of Dreams, the newer version used in Project M isn't yet in the vault. I'll be fixing these outdates as soon as possible.

You should be updating your downloaded stages when you get time to, it's a shame when an old stage is played while a much better version is already out and you don't notice it.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on March 19, 2014, 06:41:58 PM
Oh, the Fountain of Dreams in Christmas as a gift... good times...

Well, some of the stages in the vault are quite outdated too ^^U

For example, the Dreamland in the vault doesn't have moving flowers nor the less pixelated tree yet, and that one exists since more than one year already. Same to Fountain of Dreams, the newer version used in Project M isn't yet in the vault. I'll be fixing these outdates as soon as possible.

You should be updating your downloaded stages when you get time to, it's a shame when an old stage is played while a much better version is already out and you don't notice it.

True on the last paragraph. So true...  *facepalm*

Also, I haven't been active lately, but I'm back to speed again, and noticed your changes to Sector Z. Though I don't want to be picky or anything, but I could help you with having the old arwing/wolfen routes to be like in SSB64, and maybe along the lines with editing the hazards' hitbox attributes (though I couldn't find them yet via HxD), and/or maybe some new routes along with the old ones.

I'm not sure if this is a request or not, but this stage will be great once I get info from my Reality 64 team and the info I'd be getting from this stage as well!  ;D

With that being said, keep up the good work, mate! ;)

I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, but do you think you can make the target test and platform test stages form SSB64 playable stages for project M?

Quote from: sluigi123 on March 20, 2014, 04:26:49 AM
True on the last paragraph. So true...  *facepalm*

Also, I haven't been active lately, but I'm back to speed again, and noticed your changes to Sector Z. Though I don't want to be picky or anything, but I could help you with having the old arwing/wolfen routes to be like in SSB64, and maybe along the lines with editing the hazards' hitbox attributes (though I couldn't find them yet via HxD), and/or maybe some new routes along with the old ones.

I'm not sure if this is a request or not, but this stage will be great once I get info from my Reality 64 team and the info I'd be getting from this stage as well!  ;D

With that being said, keep up the good work, mate! ;)

Honestly, I guess the stage plays pretty well without the need to port the exact properties or routes. After all, the N64 stages in Melee aren't the exact same either. I'm done with Sector Z and I guess no further work should be done with it, cause it feels fine the way it is.

Quote from: Armored dragon45 on March 23, 2014, 11:26:45 PM
I'm sorry if this sounds stupid, but do you think you can make the target test and platform test stages form SSB64 playable stages for project M?

Doesn't sound stupid, it will be interesting to make them. It will take some time to make them all though, and there's also the rest of stages I'm making first.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

Quote from: Mewtwo2000 on March 24, 2014, 01:51:29 AM

Doesn't sound stupid, it will be interesting to make them. It will take some time to make them all though, and there's also the rest of stages I'm making first.
cool. by the way, when do you plan on remaking planet zebes for project M? how much of a stage do you usually have to change on stages when you make one that was made to work on brawl to make it work better on project M?

One thing about Sector Z, you NEED to make it so that you can walk into the entrance in the back.
<- I Support MM8BDM!

Quote from: Armored dragon45 on March 24, 2014, 02:41:51 AM
cool. by the way, when do you plan on remaking planet zebes for project M? how much of a stage do you usually have to change on stages when you make one that was made to work on brawl to make it work better on project M?

Well, it's a really quick edit indeed. In fact, the main change is just camera speed, which is much faster for Project M stages. I didn't think there was such a big difference, but in case it is, I could change it soon. Have you tried it anyway? Does it feel any weird?

Quote from: GameAndWatcher on March 24, 2014, 02:44:30 AM
One thing about Sector Z, you NEED to make it so that you can walk into the entrance in the back.

That entrance feels too small to get into it on the normal Sector Z. That's why I've made this alternate stage, which has the entrance enabled:

[SSBB hack] - A really big Sector Z stage
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

March 24, 2014, 11:20:37 AM #7244 Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 11:22:50 AM by Armored dragon45
For planet zebes and most other stages that were made for brawl like final destination 64 the framerate drops by a pretty good amount when used in project Mwhen there's a lot of stuff going on, mostly when you have four player matches. I have no clue about mushroom kingdom 64. I'll test that one soon.