Mewtwo2000's Stage Thread - [Mute City released] - (20/06/19)

Started by Mewtwo2000, March 16, 2010, 02:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

What would you like me to release next?

Melee Mute City
73 (41.7%)
Gerudo Valley
31 (17.7%)
Bowser In The Sky
17 (9.7%)
Inside Peach's Castle
14 (8%)
Fire Temple
13 (7.4%)
Windmill Hut
3 (1.7%)
Dodongo's Cavern
3 (1.7%)
Venom
4 (2.3%)
Pac-Man
17 (9.7%)

Total Members Voted: 175


each time i look in this thread i getting more hyped since SM64 is the best modern mario game
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later


looks great L is real 2401 lives on..even in brawl
Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

awesome!
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

What parts of it will be playable?

[PICTURES REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]
This is how I hack
Old Avatars:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=4969&Moderated=All


Quote from: 123456 on June 19, 2011, 09:12:56 PM
What parts of it will be playable?

The ones in the videos and pictures, and one flying over the stage. I suppose I will make one in the courtyard too, with the castle in the background.

I've uploaded the UV tool I mentioned the other day. Nobody told me anything about it, but I just feel like sharing it. I'm sure it can be useful for somebody.



Now, the explanation about this program and a small introduction to the UV points.

While doing Peach's Castle, I've acquired some knowledge. I've tried to understand what the UV points in Brawlbox meant and now I fully understand it. It's the way to define how a texture is seen in a certain model. You have a direct relationship between the vertices and some points of the 2D texture used by that model. A standard 2D model has a direct and linear relationship. The 4 vertexes of the 2D squared model are just where the min and max points of the texture are. The max value in the texture is 1, and when you get out of bounds (0-1), you're in a second isntance of the texture. This means that, if you have, instead of a 1 value, a 2 value, you will be seeing the same texture twice in the model.

Well, I'm sure many people in here know perfectly what the UV points are and how they work and such. I just needed some knowledge about it, and I realized it was really easy. It's a really nice way to keep the filesize in a low value when you need to texturize something with a repeated texture. Instead of having a texture with lots of bricks (like the walls in my Peach's Castle), you can just have the 2-3 base bricks, and repeat them the way you want.

Well, I better leave in-depht explanations for a tutorial if needed. You only need to know that the UV points are just a 2D representation of your vertices and which part of the texture is associated to it. The bigger the numbers, the more repeated times you will see the same texture in your model. I first used this program to edit the Newpork City sky, which was repeated twice, and made my stage have twice the clouds, the islands, and the sun. Now, with a 0,5 scale in the first axis (what would be the U axis, or X axis in the XY coordinates), the sun appears only once, so does the rest of the texture.

Well, how the program works:

You need to put the offset of the UV point you want to edit. That can be seen in brawlbox. The model has to be called 'model.mdl0' and needs to be in the same place as the program. When the offset is put, click on another box and the number of points will be updated. If the format found isn't compatible, it will tell you. If no messages are shown, and the number of points is the same as in brawlbox, you can do whatever you need. You have 2 'scale' boxes, and 2 'add' boxes. This is the original functionality, you can scale the U and V axis of every point in the node. And add a certain number to all of them. First is the scale and next is the add. There's a button to apply.

Also, the newer functionality, and the one I'm using the most, is just the manual edit of all the points. You can only see the info of 4 of the points each time, but you can switch the points with the next button. When it reaches the last of them, the list starts again. You can edit them manually by just changing the value and hitting enter. The apply button isn't used here.

Well, I'm not good at explanations I guess xD

Let's see if this is useful for somebody. It sure is for me. For any question, just ask.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

That is IMPRESSIVE.

That's really, really genius. That allows CRAZY filesize saving.


Way to go, Mewtwo!  :D
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


I'll admit the UV Tool will be very useful, but wouldn't It be better to be able to see what we're editing?

By the way, the only stage you've made that's [censored] is the Great Mighty Poo's Lair.
http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]


xD

And I've not made it yet :P

About the program, I'm not that good with programming, so I can't preview or anything. You can see the values, and, knowing that '1' is the max length or height of the texture, you can see which point of the texture you're mapping by just looking in a picture edition program like paint shop pro and others.

The best thing with the program, if interested on it, is just testing some values with a simple model. More complex models aren't meant to be edited manually, but only by scaling and adding values.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

let me get this straight, if I had 100% control of the UV points, this means that retexturing a vertexed character would be less of a pain?

or does it only work for stage textures...

This is for every mdl0 file, while the format is compatible. There's a little flag with the format type in brawlbox. If it isn't 4, the program won't work well. Anyway, decimal values are supposed to use the format type 4, and models which don't use them have not many points, so can be edited by other ways like hexing if needed.

You can edit the mappings, but you can't see them. This is meant for simple edits like resizes or small touches in the values. You could make serious edits, but only by knowing exactly what you do. The program allows you to edit any of the values, but you would need to know which ones you need to edit.
SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
Visit my stage thread here


Stage light and fog tutorial
Stage shadows tutorial

What is this flying stage? Is it like the isle delfino stage? a platform taking you to different area's of the stage?
Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.