The Smash 3 Project - Get Your DLC Early

Started by Taiko, October 01, 2013, 03:10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ShadowLuigi~NG~ on April 19, 2015, 12:02:48 PM
I wouldn't say from scratch. More like, super editing. Regardless, I loved that fact that this project is still going on very strong. Both Samus' and the Dry Bowser renders seem...off to me. Not too sure why for Dry Bowser, but Samus looks more toy like than a suit. Still, clean work nonetheless. Keep it up guys!
The Smash 3 guys do indeed make their textures from scratch.  You might be mistaking some of the non-Smash 3 team uploads for their work.  A lot of "Smash 3" recolors are uploaded by non-members, and they're often of poor quality.  I would include some of my older work in this, as well

There is also Smash 3C, which isn't a team, but rather a community effort started to finish the PM alts and other notable mods that the S3 team won't be working on.  By nature, that has resulted in some uneven quality of uploads, but many members now work together and we're producing better work (see the updated Smash 3C Commander Lucas or the Smash 3C Solid Snake for instance).  I did the Dry Bowser render you mentioned; I had only been using Blender for a few weeks and it was mainly with Taiko's help that I had been able to produce it, but I am trying to improve.  I do think it blends in fine with the Smash 3 Bowser on the CSS, though.

I've being following this project since quite a while now and I know that it's currently in some kind of hiatus so I wish not to be a bother... It's simple curiosity.

You guys are planning to update the following characters: Link, Toon Link, Ganon, Roy, Marth, Pit, Jigglypuff, Pikachu? 'Cause many of the texture of the Triforce characters mencionned don't look quite as detailed as any of your other work (specially Link); moreover, it's quite the same thing about Marth and Roy :/ There's some things in Marth's model that seems quite off and Roy's would like an update since it seems that every post-3.0 patch in PM they tweek him a little bit more.

About Jiggy and Pikachu... well, this is more like a question than a complain. Will you use Jigglypuff Smash 4 Model import for your project? I know that is not your style but I think it's more fitting to what you're doing than brawl's model (so goes for Pit and Falcon... perhaps?). And Pikachu is a concern of mine, since I know that any "recolor" involves adding a new object (made from the scratch) to Pikachu's model, will you tackle it to add new costumes as (for example) Ethan's hat?

Pikachu and Jigglypuff will have an updated model to better resemble their goal of trying to make the characters look close to smash 4 as possible, However they are using the X/Y models and the the Smash 4 Models.

Quote from: TheDarkKnight on May 09, 2015, 10:57:07 PM
Pikachu and Jigglypuff will have an updated model to better resemble their goal of trying to make the characters look close to smash 4 as possible, However they are using the X/Y models and the the Smash 4 Models.

That seems like a pain in the ass, smash 4 are already updated in that regard... all they need to do is give those their personal flavor

Using Smash 4 models is problematic because when two or more of these models are running on the Wii console in a battle, there is considerable lag. I've downloaded some of these off the Vault so I know this personally.

Utilizing models that induce lag would alienate a great chunk of the community from their project, specifically those of us who play with a competitive mindset.

It's my understanding that the Smash 3 team is simply making all of their new models from scratch, which is certainly the right way to go.

Super Smash Brothers: All Stars is currently looking for new recruits!
SSB:AS is a project dedicated to filling Project M with as much canon material as possible. The aim is to cram the game with movesets, textures, stages, and easter-eggs which accurately reflect each character's abilities from their respective franchises. If you are a relatively skilled hacker with an interest in helping achieve this concept, please visit the official thread by clicking on the banner, or contact me via private message. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

We need:
Skilled animators, Advanced PSA specialists, Coders for Special Attacks, Proficient Modelers/Importers, Adept Stage Makers, Graphic Artists for Menus/Portraits, Play-Testers and Glitch-Finders!

*All applicants must come equipped with their own pair of nostalgia goggles

Quote from: SmashEmblem_guy on May 10, 2015, 01:38:47 PM
That seems like a pain in the ass, smash 4 are already updated in that regard... all they need to do is give those their personal flavor

We are not using S4 models, its too easy.

We been through this before multiple times, we are either making the Brawl Model better, or making our own adjusted/fixed/custom models better... is the challenge we partake for this project.

By the way, we are still active, but not on this thread, we are most active in the Smashboards Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-smash-3-project-not-working-with-project-m.340807/

Plenty of our members don't hang out on KCMM anymore.

QuoteThe files that are overwritten are:
Link's moveset files
Ike's moveset files
Marth's moveset files
Roy's moveset files

I'm sorry if this was asked like 20 times already,assuming I want to keep the default moveset files for Project M, can I ignore the Smash3C moveset files and still use the costumes, or will there be problems?

Quote from: Try4se on June 10, 2015, 06:41:28 PM
I'm sorry if this was asked like 20 times already,assuming I want to keep the default moveset files for Project M, can I ignore the Smash3C moveset files and still use the costumes, or will there be problems?
Yes, the movesets are only things like sword trails. Not adding them will work just fine.

Is this pal compatible? Because it dosen't look like it is.

June 21, 2015, 04:12:52 PM #1059 Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 04:30:29 PM by Glitchy
I'm sorry if this is been asked before but will this work with PM 3.5?

EDIT: I downloaded it and it came with a Project M version, so I'm assuming it does.

EDIT 2: Doing some research, some characters (such as Marth and Link) freeze it because of the sword trails. Should I be fine if I just use the textures and not the sword trails?

This doesn't work for PM atm, some changes were made in their latest version

We are working on an update to make it compatible, just need some more time

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames


https://twitter.com/ProjectMGame/status/609453318222405632
If knuckles gets in, will you guys Smash 3 ify him? Or leave it to the Smash 3C Team?
retired

S3C

also those asking about progress, we are more active on our smashboards thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-smash-3-project-not-working-with-project-m.340807/

Nintendo ID: Iwantgames
Twitter: https://twitter.com/IWantGames_IWG
Facebook: Iwantgames Iwg
Skype: Iwantgames
Discord: Iwantgames

I actually found a version compatible with Project M on Smashboards. I'm going to test it soon.