Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Porting Characters?  (Read 2114 times)
MaystheCraze
Advanced Kitten

Super Maysio

View Profile Awards
« on: October 07, 2013, 08:35:53 PM »

Hi. I'm using this hack here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=25784

I know how to install all the files over Dedede, but what I don't know how to do is port a PSA over it. I tried this PSA: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=33310

I renamed all the files for Dedede, but when I loaded everything up in game, all of Ichigo's moves did the T-stance, so I figured I must have done something wrong. The models seemed to work, just not the moveset. Does anyone have any ideas?

Aura Sphere
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 10:35:42 PM »

I have the same thing, only it's a Cloud PSA over Dedede. First off, download this module file.

Ike over Dedede perfect port

It's the module I use for Dedede. Phantom Wings is awesome. It's a perfect Ike port, so it doesn't need IC-Constant or soundbank codes (though the first match or 2 with him might not have his sounds).

Next, from the Ike port download, just keep the Dark and Spy files (renamed to Dedede of course).

In the Ichigo download, put all the files in Dedede's folder, renamed to Dedede, but also you have to rename the costumes. Dedede's costumes go 00, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, and Ike's go 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05. This is because 01 is always Red, 02 is always Green, and 03 is always Blue, but Dedede's default color is his red color, so he has no 01 costume. I don't know if this is the issue here, but it might be.

I don't have my SD card to try it out myself, but since you already downloaded the two hacks, it would be ok for me to combine them and rename them. If it still doesn't work, just download this and replace all files in your Dedede folder with these.

Ichigo over Dedede fighter files

Though the problem might be with the module. Ike over Dedede has an Entry file for Dedede to have Ike's entry. Ichigo has no Entry file because he's intended for a character who has his entry already, but you're using him on a character who needs a separate file to have Ike's entry to begin with, so this might create problems. The module I linked you to also includes No Entry and No Result data codes built in, so it shouldn't be a problem. Sometimes, Entry data with ports can cause t-poses, so using No Entry data codes fixes this. That module should do it.

If it still doesn't work, try the PSA on Ike and see if it works. It might just be the hack.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 10:39:09 PM by Aura Sphere » Logged

RRRRRANDMASTAAAAAAAAAAH

MaystheCraze
Advanced Kitten

Super Maysio

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 01:21:50 AM »

Thanks a lot! Everything worked just fine this time! You're right; Phantom Wings IS a genius! That. rel is pretty amazing. I renamed all the costumes like you said and other than the PSA itself being sort of glitchy, your instructions worked to the letter! You were right about there being no sound the first couple of times I loaded it up too, but now even that's alright.

So, I'm assuming to port over characters, you just need the .rel, the codes assuming the .rel isn't like the great one you gave me, and keeping the Dark and Spy files?

Aura Sphere
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2013, 10:05:09 AM »

Glad it worked! Yeah I found the best way to get the sounds is to use a code to start a match with one player (Code: 0468D420 2C060001) and set it to Stock, that way as soon as the fight starts, it ends. Quitting a fight doesn't count, but ending a fight like that does, and after a few tries your character should have sound.

And yeah codes are needed for your character. Over Dedede I still think he might need one code. The .rel engine is amazing, but it still needs codes. If a character has a crawl or multiple jumps (like Pikachu, Diddy Kong, Luigi, Lucario, Sheik, Charizard, Dedede, Metaknight, Pit, etc.) you need codes for a normal jump or no crawl. If you try, right now, to jump multiple times, you might T-pose. The download link for Ike over Dedede should have a text document telling you what code to add for "Dedede has normal jump". You still need that one, but the perfect modules eliminate soundbank, IC-constant, Entry, and Result codes needed, so that's a plus.

Here's a link to the Sonic Perfect Port Pack I don't think the .re; is perfect because the one in that link works with Donkey Kong, but when I tried the perfect Sonic .rel, it froze at the results, and the ones in this link don't have Soundbank codes iirc. Anyway, that download has all the "normal jump" and "no crawl" codes you'll need (at least I'm sure that you still need those codes, wouldn't hurt to try with the codes). You'll notice no codes for Kirby to have a normal jump and no module for Kirby, since I don't think characters can be ported over Kirby. I think it's because Kirby contains .pac data of all characters too.

Actually, I have the code right here:

King Dedede has normal jump
* 04B0B954 00000001

Finally, if you wanna make your own perfect module files, visit this link:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=53347.0

In the first post, open the first spoiler and download the module editor at the bottom of the quote. Above that are links to the characters you can port over other characters. They're Ike, Link, Lucario, Mario, Marth, Olimar, Peach, Pikachu, Pit, Snake, Sonic, and Wolf. The links take you to their module files. You have to then open your module editor and open the module you downloaded in the editor.

Or you could download the older version in the second spoiler (which I think I did >_> ). Anyway the spoiler inside the second spoiler contains all the character IDs and module IDs that you need to change. To change the modules to go over the character you wanna replace, just follow these instructions by Phantom Wings:

To change a module, simply open it up in the editor and make the following changes:

- Change the module Id of the file to the target module Id.
- Open Section[8] in the memory viewer and change the first value to the target character Id.

I can't tell you how helpful the module editor has been. I've ported Sonic over Lucas (SMBZ Sonic), Donkey Kong (Hyper Sonic), Diddy Kong (Hyper Shadow. Marth over Peach, Luigi, R.O.B. (Sephiroth). And Ike over Dedede (Cloud), Metaknight (Ike), Olimar (Dante), and Game & Watch (Naruto). Hope this helps too Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:09:00 AM by Aura Sphere » Logged

RRRRRANDMASTAAAAAAAAAAH

SonicBrawler
Magical Girl
Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Active Contributor Renowned Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: October 08, 2013, 10:07:36 AM »

wow. finally. someone else who knows rels. glad you can help people.

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: