Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CBliss is killing me! Freezing in four player random matches!  (Read 7080 times)
MooglePeru
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: October 29, 2013, 12:34:53 PM »

I don't know how to express all my rage.

I have a custom build with CBliss, Stage Expansion and Brawl Minus all condesned in one single package. I was customizing every single cosmetic there is because I plan to release the complete build (while crediting every single person who contributed to it unknowingly , of course). I was about 70% done when this problem arose.

CBliss was working flawlessly. Zero freezes, zero glitches, zero everything. Then a friend came over to play, and it started freezing. Why was that? I usually play, at most, three players random matches, since it's only my brother, my friend and I who play everyday. But the build freezes when chossing a four player random match!

But, you must note that the strange thing is that every character, model cosmetics runs perfectly fine. I tested every single one of them. And you can also play four player matches if you manually select the characters and skins. And even worse, three player random matches works perfectly well, too! Is only the four player matches that freeze the darn game.

What could be the reason? It worked perfectly in four player matches the last time the dude came to play. The only things I've hacked were the CSPs, BPs, stock icons for the SSS, CSS and the Results screen, and erased the names and logos from the info.pac to individualize the costumes.

Thanks in advance.

Post Merge: October 29, 2013, 01:27:23 PM
Never mind, I fixed it.

Apparently, the reason was that I got lazy of replacing manually each stock icon for the selmap.pac, and just replaced the MiscData40.bress from the selcharacter.pac. Either that, or I reached a size limit which I don't know about.

The freeze was only when the game tried to load the four player in an all randoms match, OR when trying to load the Results screen.

Anyway, you can close this topic.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 01:27:23 PM by MooglePeru » Logged

Albafika
Anti-Christ
Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 02:51:07 PM »

Hmm, interesting. I was having a similar problem with cBliss, in which, it'd freeze on 4 players matches when using a certain Link color or Marth color (FitLink08 and FitMarth06 IIRC).

MooglePeru
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 03:10:09 PM »

Yeah, it's pretty starnge. Anyway, the freeze only happened when it tried to LOAD the fourth player. Or, when it tried to load the Results Screen. Strangely, this happened at random and I couldn't deduct any visible pattern on the freeze behaviour.

I'm now currently putting my build back to how it was. I made a backup up til Meta Knight, with full BPs, stock icons and CSPs.

When I was replacing Lucas, I noticed that the MiscData90 of the Selcharacter.pac was the eaxct same as the MiscData 40 of the selmap.pac and the MiscData120 of the STG Results, pakc. Given that Brawl's Custom Manager only replaced the stock icons on the CSS, I had to manually insert said icons one by one in the Selmap, and then export the .bress and replace it on the STGRESULTS.pac.

But apparently they were different enough. I'll go check in a while and report back in.

Post Merge: October 29, 2013, 08:57:52 PM
    UPDATE: I found the cause.

While getting my build back together, I used Brawl's Stage Manager to update my new Pumpkin Hill Zone. I tried to replace the SSS icons, but then the Manager said it found a problem and every cosmetic was suddenly red. Just a red color. I didn't save and tested it. Fourth player wouldn't load.

Then I tried putting the cosmetics together, and Brawl worked perfectly. NO glitches.

It's pretty darn starnge. But I'm not using that program ever again.

Post Merge: October 29, 2013, 09:26:51 PM
    Update yet again.

That was NOT the cause.

After putting back my stock icons, it froze again. I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY IS THIS! Maybe it is file-size related? But I doubt it, given that the only problem I ahve is in Random Matches and the textures and cosmetics all load perfectly fine when selected manually.

HALP!!!!!!!
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:26:51 PM by MooglePeru » Logged

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 09:36:13 PM »

Lol, oh boy. I'll get cBliss' scumbag creator in here.

MooglePeru
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 09:50:03 PM »

This is drving me nuts.

Either the Selmap.pac, the Info.pac, or the STGResults.pac are the ones to blame. I reverted it back again to the version described pre-Pumpkin Hill edited, and I didn't copy the Info.pac, and it froze. I copied the info.pac, and it worked wonders. 20 matches without freezing.

I'll keep updating, hoping someone else will find this log useful.

Hey, dude! Thanks for the interest. You know, I'm planning to release the complete build since it took me a lot of work to get it where it is now. It looks almost profesional-like. That's why I don't want any kind of glitches.

I have another single doubt, but I'll tell you guys if the creator shows up.

Post Merge: October 29, 2013, 10:08:43 PM
    UPDATE: Nope, after re-adding Pumpkin Hill, it freezes. Maybe it's the stage fault? I fail to understand how a single stage can **** everything up.

Now I'll try removing it, back to where it was before, and adding the stock icons and modifying info.pac. Wish me luck.
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:08:43 PM by MooglePeru » Logged

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 10:24:06 PM »

So freezing only happens when four players pick random?
    Where exactly is it freezing?

MooglePeru
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 10:30:25 PM »

Welp, again, nothing. It still freezes when it's loading the fourth player.

Does anyone knows the correct filesizes for the pacs/files? That's must be the cause. There are no more logic behind it.

Either that , or I'll have to replace the stocks manually, one by one.

The thing is that is completely random when it freezes. There's not a darn pattern in here!

Post Merge: October 29, 2013, 10:33:25 PM
    Oh, it's you! The wonderful creator of CBLiss! I adore you man.

Well, here's the thing. It freezes ONLY when it's loading the fourth player in an all-random four player match.

It works perfectly fine with a three players random match, OR it works perfectly fine when I manually select the four players match. I have tested all the textures and all of them plus their cosmetics work fine.

It can also freeze after a match, before loading the results screen, and after selecting an stage. But as I said, there's no visible pattern. It's completely random.
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:33:25 PM by MooglePeru » Logged

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 11:00:28 PM »

I see...
    And you are using Riivo or Gecko?

MooglePeru
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 11:09:37 PM »

Gecko.

Have in mind that the GCT is fused and mixed with the Stage Expansion code and the latest Brawl Minus Build.

So far it was working flawlessly, and all I needed to do was adding the cosmetics. But apparently that's not the cause.

I consider a build "glitch free" it I can play at least 20 matches in a row without freezing.

Here are the relevant file sizes of most of the files that are conflicting:

Info.pac : 380 Kb. I've replaced most of the in-battle names and franchise logos for blank images.

sc_selcaharcter.pac: 3.38 MB.

sc:selmap.pac : 1.08 MB

STGRESULTS.pac : 737 kb.

See anything you can do?

Post Merge: October 29, 2013, 11:29:22 PM
    Some few updates:

The variation of random freezing fluctuates hardingly and frustrantingly enough.

I tested it and it went from 15 matches in a row without freezing to only two matches. What gives? I'll have to revert, once again, to a previous backup and do some more testing.

Post Merge: October 30, 2013, 12:05:50 AM
    Update. I have a theory, and from what I've seen, this theory concers almost everyone who ever had CBliss issues.

The loading times.

I'm laoding Brawl from CFG USB Loader given that my lens died some years ago. So maybe it loads it too fast?

You see, in a few of those tests, I selected a stage as fast as I could; or I finished the match pressing the button combination as soon as it started. It froze on those. While when I'm taking my time, it doesn't freezes a bit. I'll have to test it some more.

Maybe that's the reason why it only fails at loading the fourth player: it doesn't gives the game enough time to load it,

I just have a serious question, ASF: If I ever release the complete build to the public, would you be kind enough to give it a look and see if there's anything wrong with it? You're already credited on it, of course, given that you're the author of Cbliss.

But I could credit you twice.

Post Merge: October 30, 2013, 12:29:14 AM
    Even more update! I think I finally (finally) found out the cause, because I played over 30 matches with the exact same freezing build I used before. No freezes.

You're gonna laugh when you hear this.

It was (maybe) the SD Card Adaptor.

Before I even got CBliss, my Adaptor used to fail and the SD stopped being read mid.fight, changing the music.

But now I changed the adaptor for a new one , and what do you know? It works. It works flawlessly on random 4P matches. I don't get hoe. Whit the ****ty adaptor, it worked fine on 3P random matches.

This is all ****ing bull****. I'm telling you. Or maybe I got lucky with the matches. I'll report back to you guys,

Post Merge: October 30, 2013, 01:03:57 AM
    Ok, so it not was the Adaptor after all. The freezes are all still random. But they seem less frequent now.

It still freezes the fourth player and only the fourth player and ONLY if is random-selected.

Something must have screwed Brawl's RNG.

Oh well, I'll just finish the cosmetics and then I will upload the build hoping you guys can solve the issue later.

Anywya, thanks for the attention, and stay tuned. You may hear the name Minus Mogged Mugen soon.
    « Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 01:10:37 AM by MooglePeru » Logged

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 01:35:05 PM »

Since you're obviously trying hard to make it work, send it to me and I'll take a look at it.
    Send everything you have, even the text file.

Might take a few days though, since I'm a little busy at work.

MooglePeru
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: October 30, 2013, 04:32:47 PM »

Ok. Should I post the link here, or shall I send you a PM?

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, 11:20:11 PM »

PM it to me if you want.

MooglePeru
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 09:08:26 PM »

Emm. I've decided that since I'm so close to finishing the aesthethics, I'll create a public thread for it, and then you can download it.

It's better than uploading an 85% complete build just for you.

Regardless, I thank you for the interest, and I hope you check it out after I share it.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2013, 10:39:52 AM »

Irrelevant to the topic, but please try to make use of the Modify button to edit your post rather than trying to multipost. It gets to be a real eyesore trying to read long sloppily concatenated messages. Just a heads up.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: