Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 19
Author Topic: PSAs Tournament Pack: OP UPDATED [Need suggestions: Roster is still too small!]  (Read 108683 times)
Albafika
Anti-Christ
Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: October 26, 2011, 02:40:06 PM »

As a few might know, I'm the Administrator of D.R.'s (Dominican Republic) Smash Community (Tourney[censored]s community, like LC would call them), and I've been wanting to make a PSA-only tournament (1vs1) with them (I'm pretty sure 96% of the community have never used a PSA, so this'll be fun), I also plan on saving all the matches and uploading them, and will probably make an online Tournament with these for KC-MM.

What I need help with is: Selecting the PSAs of characters that'd fit and be "sorta" balanced fighting each other, AND would not freeze under any circumstances.

This is the list:

Characters

]

Joining the Roster once finished

Pending Balancing/Update

Missing PSAs for:

These are the only ones the three of us could come up with. I'd love any kind of suggestions and if anyone could report any freeze or odd behavior with any of the PSAs listed above.

Also, I'm still looking for more PSAs for the rest of the characters on the roster. (I won't be replacing them all, the characters, in the end, without a fitting PSA, will be removed from the CSS. With this said, I'm aiming for at least 16 stable and freezeless PSAs)

Other Threads
    « Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:47:09 PM by Albafika » Logged

SonicBrawler
    Magical Girl
    Overlord Kitten

Bae

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Active Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 03:05:54 PM »

Luigi: Mewtwo PSA
    Falco: Silver PSA

Quotes:
    Not all people have the luxury of being able to buy things whenever they want.

Some people are barely scraping by in the economy.
    Modding has made you guys so spoiled.

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 03:24:23 PM »

I think for Fox, my Carchar port would be good. That is when I release it. Tongue

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Nuke
    Last of the Breed
    Holy Kitten

• Awards FistBump! Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 03:46:54 PM »

This should be in the tourney thread no?

FC:4898-8419-2778

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 06:06:44 PM »

Use haloedhero's Cloud instead of mine.  And maybe have SMBZ Mario?

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 07:29:57 PM »

Just for reference, Athena Asamiya was made by drseusredfish.

And Cape Mario was made by vontower.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 09:01:54 PM »

Luigi: Mewtwo PSA
    Falco: Silver PSA

I'm kinda waiting for KJP's Mewtwo, actually.

And that Silver... I'm not sure, I find his moves a bit odd to understand and asimilate.

I think for Fox, my Carchar port would be good. That is when I release it. Tongue
    I'll playtest the result and see how it goes.

This should be in the tourney thread no?
    It's not for an Online Tourney, so I don't think it belongs there, BUT, I could use the finished pack for one, I guess.

Use haloedhero's Cloud instead of mine.  And maybe have SMBZ Mario?
    Haloed's? I'm not really sure, I mean, yours might fit nicely against a few on my list, in my opinion, but I'll definetaly try Haloed's to see if it's more fitting. But, considering the people will have no PSA knowledge AT ALL, yours might not be as strong for them (Although, I'm pretty sure they'll crack all the PSAs open in 2 matches, "tourney [censored]gority" comes in handy. xD)

SMBZ Mario? I've never used a MarioDK moveset, but since you're suggesting it, I suppose I could try it. Do you feel it's more balanced than Cape Mario? I kinda want to use Cape Mario 'cause it'd give them a nostalgic appealing, I think. lol

Also, I wanted to pick your Kid Buu... I really did, since in D.R., DBZ was a HUGE phenomenom, like, the companies gave their recess at 4 PM daily JUST 'cause DBZ was on TV from4  to 4:30... But, I've heard about some freezing issues, and if these guys happen to have freezing in the middle of the tourney, they'll just whine since they'll call the game "Broken", considering they've never tried modding Brawl up to this level.

Just for reference, Athena Asamiya was made by drseusredfish.

And Cape Mario was made by vontower.
    Yeah, I know who made Athena and Mario, the (?) they have it's 'cause I'm highly doubtful about their balance/bugs (If they have any) and was wanting the guys that have played with them for a while to tell me about them (Since I haven't got the time to test them 'til later on).

Also, I'll be uploading ALL the tourney matches, which, I'm sure you'll all enjoy a lot. Cheesy

@Everyone: Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate the help.
    « Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 09:08:41 PM by Albafika » Logged

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 10:59:26 AM »

Yeah, I know who made Athena and Mario, the (?) they have it's 'cause I'm highly doubtful about their balance/bugs (If they have any) and was wanting the guys that have played with them for a while to tell me about them (Since I haven't got the time to test them 'til later on).

Ohhhh, ok, the placement of the question marks was a little misleading. XD

I can't say much about balance (since I don't really pay attention) but I definitely recommend Athena. It's a really fun PSA to play with and stuff.

Dunno if it's tourney-worthy, but well there ya go.

Pappy
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 01:00:51 PM »

i dont reccommend athena on the contrary. Having made a 40-some PSA pack and have it not freezing and balanced ive tried most of them out and Athena was broken, if i remember correctly she had either infinite jumps or infinite up-B, something like that. I'm also sure that Kid Buu does NOT freeze, at all. I've had absolutely no problem with him since I put him in.

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 07:28:16 AM »

i dont reccommend athena on the contrary. Having made a 40-some PSA pack and have it not freezing and balanced ive tried most of them out and Athena was broken, if i remember correctly she had either infinite jumps or infinite up-B, something like that. I'm also sure that Kid Buu does NOT freeze, at all. I've had absolutely no problem with him since I put him in.
    I see... I'll have to test it out and see if it's really beyond the rest.

Now, anyone have more suggestions as to what PSAs to add over characters not on the list and which to remove?

As for Kid Buu... I'll need to test myself I suppose.
    « Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 08:49:25 AM by Albafika » Logged

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 07:38:42 AM »

Maybe for Yoshi you could put in my Dragon Yoshi. I'll edit my post with a link. And for Falco, you could wait for my revamp of Scyther. YUNO HAVE DARK LORD GANON!? >:O

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 08:55:57 AM »

Maybe for Yoshi you could put in my Dragon Yoshi. I'll edit my post with a link. And for Falco, you could wait for my revamp of Scyther.
    I'll have to try your Dragon Yoshi and DL Ganon. <<; Unless someone else can comment about them here concerning balance?

Nuke
    Last of the Breed
    Holy Kitten

• Awards FistBump! Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 04:00:20 PM »

It's not for an Online Tourney, so I don't think it belongs there, BUT, I could use the finished pack for one, I guess.

Yea i know, not on the online thread but the Hacking tourney thread... the one at the very bottom...

FC:4898-8419-2778

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 06:17:01 AM »

Yea i know, not on the online thread but the Hacking tourney thread... the one at the very bottom...
    No, it's not a Hacking Tournament, I'm just asking for suggestions for a PSA Tournament I'm hosting for D.R's Smash Community.

Also, I'm removing Burst Sonic, Diablos and DK over Shadow will be on Sonic, because even though it was imported without .RELs, Sonic and Shadow have the same problem concerning GFX that .REL ported character have when they're together in a match...

And, I tested Athena, I can't quite understand most of her moves, honestly. .-.

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 10:04:57 AM »

No, it's not a Hacking Tournament, I'm just asking for suggestions for a PSA Tournament I'm hosting for D.R's Smash Community. Also, I'm removing Burst Sonic, Diablos and DK over Shadow will be on Sonic, because even though it was imported without .RELs, Sonic and Shadow have the same problem concerning GFX that .REL ported character have when they're together in a match... And, I tested Athena, I can't quite understand most of her moves, honestly. .-.
    if you know it i made a Burst Sonic PSA that is shadowKong friendly in the pack so there is no problems at all with the GFX just removed GFX on his you are too slow taunt

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 19
    Print
    Jump to: