Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 9 10 11 [12]
Author Topic: Current Public Clone Engine  (Read 70713 times)
BlackJax96
Brawl Mod God

• Awards KCMM Veteran Sniper King for a Day Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #165 on: January 29, 2014, 11:34:52 AM »

As i understand, dants module editor updates all the relocation/bl data meaning that we can add codes to the module so you dont have to manuel update it!
    Or can brawlbox do that now?

Brawlbox does update all the relocation data. Have you tried using it?
    The entire module is (should be) updated and rebuilt properly in v0.70. The only thing that wasn't finished was a user friendly PPC ASM editor. You have to know how to modify the bits yourself.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #166 on: January 29, 2014, 11:41:51 AM »

Yep, brawlbox does re build the module properly pikazz Tongue

There's a couple reasons I like dant's a lot, but one of the main reasons is his module rebuilder parses the module and tags the locations that need to be patched, then i believe he just replaced the id of the previous character with the new one (I think, its been a little while since I watched the stream). Though I use both brawlbox and the module editor 3 when working on modules. But again, the real reason I was interested In seeing it, was just to peek under the hood of the program itself

Brawl box has a few features that are infinitely useful! Smiley  you see, in PW module editor it shows you in yellow where the relocation tags are, but if you go to that location, you would never know there was a relocation pointing to there.

In brawlbox, the relocation tags are shown in green. Whereas if you actually go to the location where it points to, the text will be red. Indicating that some relocation is pointed there. And if you look on the right side under 'linked words' it will tell you all the places that have relocation tags pointing there. Better yet, if you double click on one of these linked words, it will open a new window and take you to where that relocation is.

The other thing it does, is tell you the file offset of each of the sections. its incredibly useful in that respect.
    « Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 11:44:39 AM by sammi-huskyEX » Logged

pikazz
    Heroic Kitten

Machinimator!

• Awards Renowned Hacker Pin Collector Good Citizen Helping Hand

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #167 on: January 29, 2014, 03:01:57 PM »

Brawlbox does update all the relocation data. Have you tried using it?
    The entire module is (should be) updated and rebuilt properly in v0.70. The only thing that wasn't finished was a user friendly PPC ASM editor. You have to know how to modify the bits yourself.
    I wasnt around then 70/71 was released o.o and never knew it was updated! But now I know Cheesy will test it ASAP!

Stupid Tinypic :C

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #168 on: January 29, 2014, 03:39:33 PM »

71 added the tristripper. Don't forget to read the changelog Tongue

Pages:  1 ... 9 10 11 [12]
    Print
    Jump to: