The Star Forge: Side Project - SSBU Sheik

Started by RevenantMammoth, November 13, 2013, 09:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Who should come out first?

Black Knight
9 (27.3%)
Chrom
18 (54.5%)
Hector
2 (6.1%)
Roy
4 (12.1%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: December 13, 2013, 09:26:35 PM

lol true it would be cool to rip 3ds models, but I dont have the texturing skill or modeling skill to do much with the knowledge.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Models often come with the textures themselves.

Rigging numbers and random effects like that isn't hard. You just bind it to one bone.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

May 07, 2014, 11:27:34 PM #377 Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 11:29:20 PM by RevenantGenesis
I mean for quality. (Brushes the current Chrom model under the rug) Although I haven't played many 3ds games, the models I would be interested in would be the FE models, which have pretty poor models and textures. I also suppose rigging humans would be easier than rigging the pokemon I have tried to rig in the past. They just have such a small amount of verts, kinda repelled me from rigging lol.
I'll probably give it a shot again sometime though.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"

Glad you like the new recolors. I still need to update them at least one more time though. Amarythe gave me advice to give some of them a bit more variety in colors. Or to at least change the gold hue in their armor a bit for each so they're not the same.
WiFi Brawl FC:0606-0014-4748

You turned into a real boring [censored] while I was away. -Yoko

Hooray for surpassing 4000 downloads!! Thanks guys!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

May 09, 2014, 06:38:32 PM #379 Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 04:26:10 AM by pinipigbomb
Quote from: RevenantGenesis on May 07, 2014, 11:09:39 PM


Alright, thanks Revenant. Glad I was able to make a small contribution to this. About BrawlEx sfx, I THINK all you have to do is to make the PSA call on boss sounds and then change the corresponding boss's sfx to Chrom's. The issue is that bosses don't have very many sounds that are long enough to fully support character sounds. And from what I understand, Final Smash and Special Attack sounds can't be changed in the PSA program, but as I said before, I don't know much about programming PSA/movesets.
And one quick question: What is your method for creating sfx hacks? I simply replace the necessary .wav files in Super Sawnds and cut down on the Hertz size and shave off as much time from the sounds as possible.
Only when a mosquito lands on your groin, do you realize; not everything can be solved with violence.

Quote from: pinipigbomb on May 09, 2014, 06:38:32 PM
Alright, thanks Revenant. Glad I was able to make a small contribution to this. About BrawlEx sfx, I THINK all you have to do is to make the PSA call on boss sounds and then change the corresponding boss's sfx to Chrom's. The issue is that bosses don't have very many sounds that are long enough to fully support character sounds. And from what I understand, Final Smash and Special Attack sounds can't be changed in the PSA program, and as I said before, I don't know much about programming PSA/movesets.
And one quick question: What is your method for creating sfx hacks?
You have indeed that method, or you can do like Kyouma does and adding some of Chrom's SFX over unused Ike's SFX, putting the right IDs for Chrom and putting the sawnd file in the SD Card and playing with Chrom and Ike without sound issues.
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: Akeno Ryuko on May 09, 2014, 06:42:04 PM
You have indeed that method, or you can do like Kyouma does and adding some of Chrom's SFX over unused Ike's SFX, putting the right IDs for Chrom and putting the sawnd file in the SD Card and playing with Chrom and Ike without sound issues.

Oddly enough, I've never heard of this method. How many of them are roughly as long as character sfx?
Only when a mosquito lands on your groin, do you realize; not everything can be solved with violence.

Quote from: pinipigbomb on May 09, 2014, 06:45:42 PM
Oddly enough, I've never heard of this method. How many of them are roughly as long as character sfx?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=202812
Have an example.
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: Akeno Ryuko on May 09, 2014, 07:56:45 PM
Oooh. How did he change the FS and Special Attack sounds?
Only when a mosquito lands on your groin, do you realize; not everything can be solved with violence.

FS is in the SFX, no?
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

I have to wonder how the KO and Star KO SFX are changed. Aren't they shared between cloned characters? I know they can be opened up and replaced as well, but can those actually be made different between clones?
Hi

May 10, 2014, 04:22:46 AM #386 Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 04:23:59 AM by pinipigbomb
Quote from: Akeno Ryuko on May 09, 2014, 11:30:53 PM
FS is in the SFX, no?

I think masterhandcrazyhand is implying the same thing, but last I heard; FS and Special- and apparently KO and Star KO SFX- can't be change via PSA. You can replace them with other sfx, but the specific ID (Or whatever is used to identify it) can't be changed.
Only when a mosquito lands on your groin, do you realize; not everything can be solved with violence.

KO's and such, yes. Finals, maybe. Specials, no. You can change them in the sawnd file, but not their IDs... So yea.
"Atone for my sins? I don't have any sins to atone for nor have I forced such a meaningless concept on anyone." -Archer
[spoiler]
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.
Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Yo yo, I am back! So, what's this about SSBU Sheik because I would love to get rid of Zelsheik entirely.

Indeed that is being worked on, but it probably wont become anything until after the Black Knight's V2 beta is released, which probably wont happen until after Chrom.  :'( Though depending on how long that takes we way reconsider.


Personal PSA Thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64229.0
Project Pokemon: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=47219.0
"If we save her, I am going to take off her pants and play Slip'N'Slide. Wicky wicky wick, wicky wicky wick, Fresh Cowboy from the Westside"