Brawl Custom Music Riivo music server - Brawl, MKWii, PKMN Battle Revolution

Started by Soneek, November 20, 2013, 04:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Which game to add support for next?

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
3 (25%)
Fortune Street
5 (41.7%)
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Hello. I've updated Brawl Custom Music to be a Riifs server for Brawl, and some other Wii games. Just a warning, the song loading make take a few seconds since it's all through the internet. Also, note that right now you will only be able to replace music, nothing else.

If you already have Riivolution installed on your Wii, or on your SD card for the HBC, you can replace your current Brawl XML with the one on BCM. (Keep your old XML somewhere safe)

Riivolution Templates and Song Replacement Lists

My plan is to randomize a music pack every day based on music suggestions for each stage.

I will upgrade my servers depending on the need. Warning, the server may crash today while I'm out if it gets overloaded. I'll have a status image up later to show whether the Riifs server is up or not. Also, if there are any games on this list of BRSTM games that you'd like supported, get in touch with me since I'll need help to determine file names, identifying songs, etc.

Currently supported games:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl   
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Power Tennis (Wii)
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

Next games planned for support:
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Kirby's Return to Dreamland

You are able to create your own song templates on the site, and they will be available for anyone connecting to the Riifs server instantly. (Must restart Wii for changes to appear)
For building your own song templates on BCM, you can add a song to your lists from the individual song pages. You must also be logged in on the site. For Brawl songs, you will need to click the "Add to Brawl List" button on each song page you'd like to add to your template. For everything else, there will be a dropdown menu above the download button. After you've specified your song, an "Add to template" button will appear.

BCM Riifs Status:

Added support for a few more games. You can build your own templates to use with the Riifs server. Let me know if you need any further help, and if you'd like support for a game on the editable games list.

Holy crap. I noticed you can download a MSBIN to replace the music names. Niiiice.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



Quote from: Segtendo on November 25, 2013, 06:00:38 AM
Holy crap. I noticed you can download a MSBIN to replace the music names. Niiiice.

I'm working on replacing the song titles through the Riifs server as well. I just need to find a command line tool to do Brawlbox's lz77 compression...or just learn how to do it myself.

A week has passed and no Fortune Street votes? Certainly the game needs some more support.

I'm voting for Fortune Street. The game does have .brstm support (as seen in a simple WiiScrubber view) and if a little bit more work is done on the game, there probably can be a .brsar patcher to allow music files of all sizes. (as Ozelot did for Mario Kart Wii) And besides, who can't love the idea of a game with Mario characters and Dragon Quest characters put together?

I'd love for Custom Maps for Fortune Street to also be supported here as well, but that's probably another discussion for another time.

[color="crimson"]Show me your moves.[/color]

I'll be updating the templates next weekend. If the game you want supported is in my list of editable games, please get me a clean copy of the game's brsar. If possible, also identify what each song is in a format like this.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


I've also added support for Project M specific songs. You can build a general Brawl template, and then build a Project M template for those specific stages, i.e. Dracula's Castle for P:M on one list, Luigi's Mansion on the normal list.


Added support for a few more games. You can build your own templates to use with the Riifs server. Let me know if you need any further help, and if you'd like support for a game on the editable games list.