Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Custom costumes with Project M?  (Read 5038 times)
LoganK93
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: November 29, 2013, 04:18:39 PM »

Hi, figure I'll post this here too. I am using the latest demo of Project M (2.6b?) and would like to replace all the character models with the melee versions that I had found on the vault. I already had the full set up but it appears the xml is set up to ignore costume files while replacing, and using the Gecko method only resulted in me getting a freeze.

In short, I just want to put melee models over the characters for project M for a more "nostalgic" feeling, but it doesn't seem to want to let me do this. Help?

Register
Mega Kitten

R-R-REGIGIYGAS

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 04:47:01 PM »

So, you've tried Riivolution? Are you aware that you have to edit the Project M .XML manually so it redirects to costumes in your SD Card?

If you've edited the XML before, post one of your redirects. Just ran into this kind of trouble the other day. (If you've never done, I'll post an example instead :d )

LoganK93
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 04:50:57 PM »

I have no idea how to even begin editing the xml without royally [censored]ing something else up in the process. I read that gecko allowed for the custom costumes but that just seemed to freeze immediately.

Register
    Mega Kitten

R-R-REGIGIYGAS

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 05:42:04 PM »

I'm afraid I don't know anything about Gecko, but I can tell you editing the XML is actually quite easy! Here's all you have to do...

((I'm assuming you'll be replacing the derpy SSBB Fox with the SSBM Fox, so I'll use Fox for this example.))

1) Go to the root of your SD Card > riivolution > projectm.xml
    You can open the XML in Notepad or Wordpad, I prefer Notepad myself.

2) Press CTRL+F and search for /fox/
    You should see something like this in your results:
    Code:
    		<file external="/brawlmods/projectm/fighter/fox/FitFox.pac" disc="/fighter/fox/FitFox.pac" />
    <file external="/brawlmods/projectm/fighter/fox/FitFoxMotionEtc.pac" disc="/fighter/fox/FitFoxMotionEtc.pac" />
    <file external="/brawlmods/projectm/fighter/captain/FitCaptainMotionEtc.pac" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptainMotionEtc.pac" />
    <file external="/brawlmods/projectm/fighter/captain/FitCaptain.pac" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain.pac" />
    Those first two lines are Fox's code, the two lines after are Captain Falcon's code.

3) Click at the end of the 2nd line of Fox's code called /FitFoxMotionEtc.pac" /> and press Enter, creating a blank space between the Fox and Captain Falcon code.
    Code:
    		<file external="/brawlmods/projectm/fighter/fox/FitFox.pac" disc="/fighter/fox/FitFox.pac" />
    <file external="/brawlmods/projectm/fighter/fox/FitFoxMotionEtc.pac" disc="/fighter/fox/FitFoxMotionEtc.pac" />

<file external="/brawlmods/projectm/fighter/captain/FitCaptainMotionEtc.pac" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptainMotionEtc.pac" />
    <file external="/brawlmods/projectm/fighter/captain/FitCaptain.pac" disc="/fighter/captain/FitCaptain.pac" />

4) In that new blank spot, you copy-paste the following, INCLUDING the big space at the beginning:
    Code:
    		<file external="/brawlmods/projectm/fighter/fox/FitFox00.pac" disc="/fighter/fox/FitFox00.pac" />
    <file external="/brawlmods/projectm/fighter/fox/FitFox00.pcs" disc="/fighter/sheik/FitFox00.pcs" />

Let me explain~
    "file external" refers to your SD Card. Your Fox files are located in the brawlmods folder > projectm folder > fighter folder > fox folder > and are named FitFox00.pac and FitFox00.pcs, hence the two lines of coding.
    "disc" refers to the actual SSBB game disc. Fox's files on the disc are located under fighter > fox > PAC and PCS respectively, so you want the SD Card files to be read instead of the disc ones.

5) Save, and... that's it! When you pop in your SD Card & start Riivolution, it should read Fox's files located in the brawlmods folder.

Here's a little base for you to work with:

Code:
    		<file external="/brawlmods/projectm/fighter/FOLDERNAME/Fit**##.pac" disc="/fighter/FOLDERNAME/Fit**##.pac" />
    <file external="/brawlmods/projectm/fighter/FOLDERNAME/Fit*##.pcs" disc="/fighter/FOLDERNAME/Fit**##.pcs" />

Replace FOLDERNAME with the character's folder name, and replace Fit**## with whatever their PAC and PCS file names are. PAC goes on the top line, PCS goes on the bottom line.

For future reference, here's a key:

Character Name: /foldername/

Captain Falcon: /captain/
    King Dedede: /dedede/
    Diddy Kong: /diddy/
    Donkey Kong: /donkey/
    Falco: /falco/
    Fox: /fox/
    Mr. Game & Watch: /gamewatch/
    Ganondorf: /ganon/
    GIGA Bowser: /gkoopa/
    Ike: /ike/
    Kirby: /kirby/
    Bowser: /koopa/
    Link: /link/
    Lucario: /lucario/
    Lucas: /lucas/
    Luigi: /luigi/
    Mario: /mario/
    Marth: /marth/
    Meta Knight: /metaknight/
    Ness: /ness/
    Peach: /peach/
    Pikachu: /pikachu/
    Captain Olimar: /pikmin/
    Pit: /pit/
    Ivysaur: /pokefushigisou/
    Charizard: /pokelizardon/
    PokÈmon Trainer: /poketrainer/
    Squirtle: /pokezenigame/
    Ice Climbers: /popo/
    Jigglypuff: /purin/
    R.O.B.: /robot/
    Samus: /samus/
    Sheik: /sheik/
    Snake: /snake/
    Sonic: /sonic/
    Zero Suit Samus: /szerosuit/
    Toon Link: /toonlink/
    Wario: /wario/
    Warioman: /warioman/
    Wolf: /wolf/
    Yoshi: /yoshi/
    Zelda: /zelda/
    Green Alloy: /zakoball/
    Yellow Alloy: /zakochild/
    Blue Alloy: /zakogirl/
    Red Alloy: /zakoboy/

Sorry if that's a lot to take in, but let me know if you have any success, or if you prefer any other examples with characters you want to replace Smiley

LoganK93
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 05:54:50 PM »

Well that certainly seems simple enough, just time consuming, but thank you for the help! I only wish there were a faster way haha.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: