Gerudo Prince 1.5 (final) - errors fixed

Started by Quicksilver, March 23, 2010, 02:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

will the twilight sword allow gannon to do moves from LZTP.A new character that can take away or improve my skill with ganon my moneys on improve, I jaust hope I can swich swords mid combo.
link needs to watch his back
HEY YOU YEAH YOU stop making broken PSAs
but only if there not that bad

I REALLY don't like the way he walks.
The other things are awesome though.
I'll look forward to it. =)
Pure Perfection.

How's the copying going?
"A good swordsman is not given to quarrel"

im about half way done.
the file size grew like almost 5 kb. so i guess the final will be around 230ish kb. thats a big improvement to the 257 waterbuffalo I created. btw 253 is the limit for SD loaded

it takes a VERY long time to do this as you can see.

side note: having a hard time getting my vertex hacks to work in game without freezing. any1 want to help me out? could you make polygon17 of the Darknut sword (downloadlink is earlier in this thread), and make it alitle longer, and make the handle like x1.3 wider and the grip x2 as long. 
I did not stay like  peter pan and the lost boys and I unfortunately grew up and moved on to other things. I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR EVERYONE TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT WITH ANY OF MY PREVIOUS WORK
(it would be nice if you credited me tho :3)  have a great life everyone! :)

lol man it certainly does take a long time.  You're a brave soul for doing it :)
at least you're making progress though. 
"A good swordsman is not given to quarrel"

Beta RELEASE! check the OP!

enjoy everyone! :)
tell me about any errors (yes i know i need to change the walk :-p)
i want screenshots/ videos!
I did not stay like  peter pan and the lost boys and I unfortunately grew up and moved on to other things. I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR EVERYONE TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT WITH ANY OF MY PREVIOUS WORK
(it would be nice if you credited me tho :3)  have a great life everyone! :)

April 10, 2010, 11:47:26 PM #51 Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 11:49:36 PM by Sanitys Theif
Hey I know it's been a while but I've had way too much schoolwork lately lol but I've got some time tonight to set up my hacks again and try this out

April 11, 2010, 01:43:45 AM #52 Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 01:57:30 AM by TwilightPaladen
HURRAY FINALLY A RELEASE! :af2:

ok now that that is out of my system....I will give my honest opinion of it.  Overall I like it a lot so don't be offended at all.  I just want to help you make it better.

You realize the walking thing so...yeah fix that when you can  :notimp:
whenever you hold down he like bugs out and repeatedly kind of twitches...funny :af: but not Ganon like  :>.>:
his A combo...well not that I don't like it but I think it should be faster and manual instead of automatic because if you tap A he just repeatedly does the first motion and is kind of useless.  Ganon is a beastly swordsman so he needs to be swinging better.  His side smash is kind of limited because the opponent needs to be rather close and it isn't too strong...personally I would make that his side tilt move with the sword and have his side smash be his normal twirl slash because it is pretty epic to begin with.
up tilt is ok too but the up smash seems to be hard to hit with for some reason....I don't know why but it's kinda like the sword is intangible at certain motions...maybe it's just me though oh and he sinks into the ground some.  Also the down tilt is kinda funky because the sword goes into the ground a bit and it is also pretty close ranged for a sword attack.

As for B........um I'm guessing this was supposed to be Ganon's volley attack from OoT?  Not that it is a bad idea but it need to be lower or bigger so it can hit smaller opponents, the noise it makes when it comes out makes it seem more silly than fearsome so it needs to go (if possible) I also think it needs to be stronger because it's pretty weak.  Down B......well truthfully I have no idea what it is supposed to be.......
:srs:
Now in general I think Ganon should be faster....I think they made him too slow...I mean come on he has the triforce of power and is so strong that he can die standing up!  So I think he needs to be at least a little quicker and his jumps should be higher.  Also when using the Darknut sword it seems rather puny still....and when using it I see strange white/black things fly around with certain motions :>.>:
That is all for now...I hope I helped  :happy:

Oh I forgot to mention...occasionally he reverts to normal moves as if the PSA didn't exist...and sometimes he starts the match with the sword drawn and other times he doesn't.....and I think somehow he should be able to pick up other items without having to re draw his sword everytime..
"A good swordsman is not given to quarrel"

yeah everything u said was actuially intensional or unadvoidable.

as of now theres no way to give someone an AAA combo that does not already have one (i tried the fix that apears on PSA Q and A, it didnt work.), this was the closest i could get without increasing its size by using the 1B command and "if" commands on loop.

slow, steady, and overpowered is how ganondorf rolls man. rediculous %s, and extreame knockback moves. one fix will be the side smash. its supposed to be stronger.

yeah and the B shot shold be a bit bigger.

the down is just how the animation is. i honestly cant change that
and personally i like the walk animation. id be willing to fix it, but ppl havent named specifics of what they dont like. 

i tried to compensate for his predictability, due to his speed, through variety. 2 movesets, hidden moves, alternate commands, and a pretty fast vB invincisheild makes him very playable. one problem would be the fact that only some of his moves can finish opponenets off. experiment because ive found some very cool things to do with this moveset.

btw playing against a Ganon cpu might be a problem because they dont taunt often and they think that the vB is ganon's wizard foot. not a huge problem, but something to be aware of

and yes ill increase the darknut sword's size as soon as i can get my vertex hacks working. if it really bothers you, the Twilight blade works like a charm.
I did not stay like  peter pan and the lost boys and I unfortunately grew up and moved on to other things. I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR EVERYONE TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT WITH ANY OF MY PREVIOUS WORK
(it would be nice if you credited me tho :3)  have a great life everyone! :)

April 11, 2010, 02:24:09 AM #54 Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 02:29:19 AM by TwilightPaladen
Well I understand the A combo thing them but I still think it is too slow because it is sooo easily interruptable or maybe give him super armor for the attack? I don't know but something needs to be changed there...

Hmm well if I remember right in the TP ganon fight he was quite fast and agile which is how I personally feel ganon should be...

The walk things is just too robotic...the march Idea is good but he needs to lift his feet higher and sway his arms more slowly in a fluid motion...I think he looks too stiff and robot like is all.

If the reverts to old/normal moveset is intential it needs to be more predictable for the user because I have no flipping clue as to when it is going to happen and I really can't use it to my advantage...

So down B is supposed to be an invinsible shield?  Whenever I use it I just freeze until I attack and if someone hits me it still knocks me back.

I like the twilight sword better anyway but I wanted to use both so I could give you as much feedback as possible...
And you really can't help the sinking into the ground thing?  :srs:
"A good swordsman is not given to quarrel"

i should have explained. without the sword, its still a new moveset. he's not reverting to his old moveset. take a look! i spent a lot of time making both movesets into one.
also, i made it so if he picks up an item, he puts away his sword. just taunt again to take it out.

i should have explained. the vB makes you invincible for 1 second (as soon as you press it so its useful), hits, then you can inturupt into any A attack on the ground. seriously just press A and you should be good. lol (im working on a way to get him to reflect projectiles on his smack. still havent found a way)

good idea about the super armor on the AAA.  I also want his charge attacks to have super armor. (wickedly awesome) also, all the smash attacks will be more powerful

so its too robotic looking? ok thats something i can try to do. I was going for a slow, menacing Darth Vader-esque walk like the one he has in Twilight Princess. guess it didnt work like that. Ill play around. its hard cuz I made those animations from scratch.

o crap i forgot something. I made this while testing on brawl+.  that might be the reason for the balence issues.
I did not stay like  peter pan and the lost boys and I unfortunately grew up and moved on to other things. I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR EVERYONE TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT WITH ANY OF MY PREVIOUS WORK
(it would be nice if you credited me tho :3)  have a great life everyone! :)

Meh, I'd like to think that most people play Brawl+ anyways. XD

Anyways, I personally think that his standing and walking animations should just be the same as his normal ones.

Also...The new moveset without the sword is nice and all but...Meh, it felt rather unnecessary. I thought that the whole point of this was a proper Ganon moveset with a sword. I don't even want the option to switch back to being swordless.

But that's just my picky nature, so don't mind it too much. It's pretty nice. :3


Thanks for explaining down B for me....and what I meant by reverting to his old moveset is that when fighting with the sword he will occasionally act like he is fighting with a beam sword....I already understood that withought his sword the moveset was still changed.

I get what you were trying to do with the walk animation and it is a cool idea....but like I say it's too robotic and he shuffles his feet too fast....just try to make the motion look more fluid :)
"A good swordsman is not given to quarrel"


lol.
sexy screenshots any1?
I did not stay like  peter pan and the lost boys and I unfortunately grew up and moved on to other things. I GIVE FULL PERMISSION FOR EVERYONE TO DO WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT WITH ANY OF MY PREVIOUS WORK
(it would be nice if you credited me tho :3)  have a great life everyone! :)