Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Guide for using bin2JPG for extracting pictures from brawl  (Read 5095 times)
Nezha B. Rose
Guardian of Pokemon Mods
Special Access

I got a bucket of chicken.

• Awards Smash 3 Team RAGE!! Active Contributor Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « on: December 18, 2013, 01:29:19 PM »

During the start of my participation in the vaults, I took my time in taking pictures for the hacks with broken preview links… I even ended in helping most people with reports of “this needs in-game previews and whatnot” because they really do not know how to do so, I understand that.  So I decided to write a tutorial on how to export pictures with “bin2JPG”! Almost everyone uses this method for its 4-step simplicity.

This progress works with geko and Riivo users for both USB and Disk methods of launching a modded brawl .

A fair warning, this doesn’t work for mac.
    Stuff you need:
    • Bin2JPG
    • Brawl (duh)
    • Sd card, any size

Step 1:
    Download the Zip file and extract it to the folder. You'll have something like this:

Now leave it be, turn on brawl.

Step 2:
    Take the pictures you want to take in brawl (pause + z button), be sure to save the pictures on the SD card.

Step 3:
    Remove the SD card from the wii, and plug it on the computer. The pictures are in .bin format, they will be located as followed:

vBrawl: SD\private\wii\app\RSBE\al
    Project: SD\projectm\AL
    Riivo: Locate the “al” folder

Here’s an example, I took 12 pictures, therefore 12 .bin files are found.  I’ll show 4 of them since the rest are stuff I’m working on:

Copy them all and move to the next step.

Step 4:
    After copying the .bin files, paste them all inside the extracted zip folder from step one. You have something like this:

You’re almost done, now double click here and give permission so the program can launch, and you get a command prompt showing you the conversion …
    Dragging the .bin files over the bin2jpgall file will convert them all as well.

You’ll end up with this:

All of your .bin files had been copied to .jpeg They will all be sized perfectly, not too big and not too small. Once you are done, delete all the .bin files paying close attention in not deleting any program. And done! Simple as that! You will not get some annoying reports anymore.

Share this thread to the others who doesn’t know via pm, they will be grateful if you do. I know I will.
    « Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 10:49:02 AM by Scout » Logged

LegacyWolf
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic 128-bit Hardcore Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 10:30:49 AM »

Good tutorial. Thank you sir.

I find myself using this often, and just dragging the .bin files over the bin2jpgall file will convert them all as well. Tongue

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 10:47:13 AM »

Good tutorial. Thank you sir.

I find myself using this often, and just dragging the .bin files over the bin2jpgall file will convert them all as well. Tongue

Really? I did not know that! Thanks, I'll update the tutorial with this extra info.

Nezha B. Rose
    Guardian of Pokemon Mods
    Special Access

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 06:11:33 PM »

This thread is now dead, now its been relocated in an easier area to find:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69283.msg1278479#msg1278479

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: