The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

May I ask, how would I create a Ex module, or even start on one?

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

As in, for a character that hasn't been hacked yet?
If that, then no clue.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Because this seems to continue to be an issue lately, here are the config files for the individual pokemon.

So now everyone knows where they are!  :P
Until it gets buried in the thread again...

Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on April 15, 2014, 05:27:03 AM
Because this seems to continue to be an issue lately, here are the config files for the individual pokemon.

So now everyone knows where they are!  :P
Until it gets buried in the thread again...

Are those CSSSlot configs already configured for 10 costumes? Or am I gonna have to make that myself? Just checking, as last time I tried it myself I ended up with a freezing problem.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Quote from: Axel Akutare on April 15, 2014, 07:16:48 AM
Are those CSSSlot configs already configured for 10 costumes? Or am I gonna have to make that myself? Just checking, as last time I tried it myself I ended up with a freezing problem.

I am not exactly sure. I would assume that they function the same as any other characters config files because they actual came with the download in the OP. I haven't tried to mess with the number of costumes on my pack, so idk...

:mewtwo:
So... Okay. I tried installing the custom BP's and RSP's for Megaman, and followed sammi's tutorial exactly, but it freezes at the loading screen. I'm using the clone tool, if that helps at all.
Professor is best Nichijou character.

Quote from: The Professor on April 15, 2014, 09:21:55 PM
:mewtwo:
So... Okay. I tried installing the custom BP's and RSP's for Megaman, and followed sammi's tutorial exactly, but it freezes at the loading screen. I'm using the clone tool, if that helps at all.

What loading screen?

Quote from: The Professor on April 15, 2014, 09:21:55 PM
:mewtwo:
So... Okay. I tried installing the custom BP's and RSP's for Megaman, and followed sammi's tutorial exactly, but it freezes at the loading screen. I'm using the clone tool, if that helps at all.
If you have the "Info2" folder.
Then it would freeze. Just delete the folder, BrawlEx still works without it.

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

:roy:
wow... that was really it. I can't believe that. Thanks. Turns out the only cosmetic that worked for megaman was his franchise Icon.
Professor is best Nichijou character.

It's very strange to me that you get freezes using info2. I know it doesn't freeze for me or any of the people i play with. on wii, wiiu, and dolphin. On Brawl minus nonetheless. It must be something not matchin correctly with the cosmetics in the info2 folder. However if it's working fine for you, more power to ya

One thing that let me actually GET to the character select screen (I've been having TONS of problems even getting past the loading after the strap screen) was changing my hooktype to GXDraw.

Now, though, it... REALLY looks weird. Get parts of textures showing in ALL the wrong places. At least it doesn't crash, though.

I have a question to ask the general population. Has anyone managed to squeeze an extra 12 character slots out of the boss files? Also, has anyone found a fix to slot 58? If so can you say how?
SSB is cool.

No and no.
Just be patient~
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

I saw a conversation about making controlable bosses a while ago.

Has someone managed to get them to work?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

April 16, 2014, 01:41:56 PM #5039 Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 02:05:45 PM by Nebulon
Quote from: HaloFanODST on April 16, 2014, 02:26:49 AM
I saw a conversation about making controlable bosses a while ago.

Has someone managed to get them to work?

This is what PW sent me a while ago:

Quote
For the most part, the ExSlots are already configured by BrawlEx to use aligned config data. So Fighter3F is associated with Slot3F which is associated with CSSSlot3F which is in turn associated with Cosmetic3F. This is not necessarily the case with any slots before 3F.

For example, take a look at where Petey Piranha shows up in the Fighter Chart. Slot33 is associated with CSSlot2D which is associated with Cosmetic2D. Notice that there isn't actually a Fighter associated with Petey Piranha's data. This means that - the way he is configured right now - he can't be used. However, if you were to use a config file for Slot33 to associate it with any of the free Fighter ids (either the forbidden 7 or Fighters37-3E), then you would be able to use him like any other slot.

Supposing you used a config file to map Slot33 to Fighter37, then it would just be a matter of configuring the resulting set of config files to be whichever character you wanted.

Let's say you wanted to have a Ganondorf clone over Petey Piranha. You would just take Ganondorf's config files and rename them to Fighter37.dat, CSSSlot2D.dat, and Cosmetic2D.dat. For the Slot Config, you would either keep your own file which maps Slot33 to Fighter37 or you would simply modify Ganondorf's Slot config file to reincorporate the mapping to Fighter37. Once you've finished your clone, you can use him by adding id 2D (that is, CSSlot2D) into CSSRoster.dat.

Right now, the BrawlEx Config Utility doesn't support Slot config files, but the BrawlEx OP has a breakdown of the Slot Config file format. The only value you'll really want to modify is the 4-byte value at 0x10 to be whichever Fighter id you want it to be associated with. You'll also want to set the file's Edit Level (the 4 bytes at 0x0C) to 1 or else the changes to the Fighter associations wont be applied by BrawlEx.

Also, remember the Petey Piranha doesn't have any Cosmetics besides a battle portrait. So if you try to use his cosmetic data as is, you may run into some troubles.

Good luck.

So what I gather from it is that using the fighter chart for a slot like Petey Pirahna, we'd need to change our files accordingly. To work on PETEY'S slot it needs to be ordered the same:  Fighter37.dat, CSSSlot2D.dat, and Cosmetic2D.dat (Instead of all the same number) Then you'd need a Slot config, which isn't included for Petey. I don't know if you could technically just use the game's built in slot files or not... but if you use a Slot config, you'd need to know how to edit it to read the other files...

I might try it without the slot config and hope that the game has one built in that we can use. If this is how it works, then we can actually use them. If not then we'll have to wait.

Post Merge: April 16, 2014, 02:05:45 PM

Okay, I just tried this, and I got Mario to load.  I used a Ganon PSA with Fghter 37, CSSslot 2D and Cosmetic 2D. I didn't use a slot file, I just wanted to see if the game would use the one it uses for Petey.

So... this isn't really revolutionary... It must be loading Slot0 since I don't have a slot file... I'm going to try to use one and edit it... though I don't know too much about that :/ I'll go based off of what PW said.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822