The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

What are you calling boss slots, slots for playable bosses but unusable for standard characters?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: The Knave on April 21, 2014, 02:27:18 PM
What are you calling boss slots, slots for playable bosses but unusable for standard characters?
Nope these are slots that contain bosses but we(Nebulon)  has found a way to make them usable for regular character slots.
As far as your ideas are concerned Nebulous I don't think any of those would work without breaking the other.

April 21, 2014, 03:04:09 PM #5162 Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 03:05:42 PM by Nebulon
Quote from: Pikezer1337 on April 21, 2014, 02:34:02 PM
Nope these are slots that contain bosses but we(Nebulon)  has found a way to make them usable for regular character slots.
As far as your ideas are concerned Nebulous I don't think any of those would work without breaking the other.

Actually, those are alots we couldnuse as bosses. The bosses don't have slot data. You see, saying 'Boss slot' more refers to everything but the slot. Bosses have cosmetic info, csslot info, and fighter info, but not a slot (accordin to the fighter chart). What we've done is take an empty alot and converted it to read the boss sequence i.e. to read fighter 34 but cosmetic 2C and Csslot 2C. These files are aligned in the game tonload a boss. If we minc the pathway as shown, and then associatethe fighter ID with an empty slot, then you've CREATED a boss slot.

:)

And I was afraid of that... This means that due to Nana being a unusable slot AND undisplayable slot, she cannot fill up a space on the css. Nor can slot 58 for that matter.

So then the cap would be 98 slots until someone finds a fix for slot 58.

People may notice that there are more alots then boss sequences available if you count the empties and the forbidden 7. This means that the last few slots need to read a rigged css,fighter, and cosmwtic sequence, not one that the game has built in. These will be tougher. After that, I think the only way to add in characters would be to replace Giga Bowaer, Warioman, an the alloys. There's a ln empty space alot that it literally empty space, but I think some told me that isn't possible either. I think it's coming to a close...

So a realistic cap would be 96 IF we can get the 4 reamining forbiddenfighter slots to read a manual sequence, AND if you havepn trainer, and pokemon, and zss, and sheik, and Giga, and Warioman.

I'm rushing this response, but 96 is my rough estimate.

Post Merge: April 21, 2014, 03:05:42 PM

I'm at work so I'll fix typos later
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: frostymm on April 21, 2014, 05:29:16 AM
I had that same issue the other day, turned out my StrapEn file got corrupted. Replaced it and it worked perfectly again. You should try that, it might not necessarily be that same file though so just try all the stuff your replacing that has to do with the first few menu's.

Except I'm not doing anything regarding the strap screen itself. It gets -PAST- (just so everyone sees this word) it fine, it only dies AFTER.

Quote from: Nebulon on April 21, 2014, 03:04:09 PM
Actually, those are alots we couldnuse as bosses. The bosses don't have slot data. You see, saying 'Boss slot' more refers to everything but the slot. Bosses have cosmetic info, csslot info, and fighter info, but not a slot (accordin to the fighter chart). What we've done is take an empty alot and converted it to read the boss sequence i.e. to read fighter 34 but cosmetic 2C and Csslot 2C. These files are aligned in the game tonload a boss. If we minc the pathway as shown, and then associatethe fighter ID with an empty slot, then you've CREATED a boss slot.

:)

And I was afraid of that... This means that due to Nana being a unusable slot AND undisplayable slot, she cannot fill up a space on the css. Nor can slot 58 for that matter.

So then the cap would be 98 slots until someone finds a fix for slot 58.

People may notice that there are more alots then boss sequences available if you count the empties and the forbidden 7. This means that the last few slots need to read a rigged css,fighter, and cosmwtic sequence, not one that the game has built in. These will be tougher. After that, I think the only way to add in characters would be to replace Giga Bowaer, Warioman, an the alloys. There's a ln empty space alot that it literally empty space, but I think some told me that isn't possible either. I think it's coming to a close...

So a realistic cap would be 96 IF we can get the 4 reamining forbiddenfighter slots to read a manual sequence, AND if you havepn trainer, and pokemon, and zss, and sheik, and Giga, and Warioman.

I'm rushing this response, but 96 is my rough estimate.

Post Merge: April 21, 2014, 03:05:42 PM

I'm at work so I'll fix typos later
i could try out nana's slot but everytime i try boss slots example (porky) i get Regular mario loaded.

i suppose that by default, the css slots are linked to some or no data for those particular characters. but if you re-linked them, say nana's css slot to other data, i think you could use that css slot. but as for say, sheik, i believe without modification, using her css icon slot will load her fighter data, and overwriting that would prove to remove zss from the game, which is not what we want. if this is true, then the individual pokemon css slots could be used as extra available css slots, if we could re-link the slots.

and alloys, can we make them usable?

V. 1.00

which sounds can you replace if you want a custom annoucer call

Quote from: Tiberious on April 21, 2014, 03:07:02 PM
Except I'm not doing anything regarding the strap screen itself. It gets -PAST- (just so everyone sees this word) it fine, it only dies AFTER.

Which is why I said to try taking out or replacing any custom menu's you got going. It's not necessarily the strap screen, that was just MY problem. It might not be any of them, but it's worth a try right?
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

Quote from: robintjuh on April 21, 2014, 04:24:19 PM
which sounds can you replace if you want a custom annoucer call
A sound that is loaded through the menu. Using an enemy's soundbank won't work because it isn't loaded through the menu.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Help when I open my PF folder in the clone engine it says brawlEX clone engine stopped working.  Help.

Never mind, Sammi, I figured it out. I named my texture ref wrong in the PAT0. XD

It's awesome having custom cosmetics. XD

Quote from: Nebulon on April 21, 2014, 03:04:09 PM

And I was afraid of that... This means that due to Nana being a unusable slot AND undisplayable slot, she cannot fill up a space on the css. Nor can slot 58 for that matter.

You can have a separate Popo and Nana on the CSS, so wouldn't that fill up the last two slots?

April 21, 2014, 10:56:56 PM #5172 Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:05:51 PM by Don Jon BravoEX
Quote from: Nebulon on April 21, 2014, 02:09:38 PM
I'm on my phone but I'm going to attempt to start a discussion pertaining to unused slots. This could be essential for figuring out what we can do to open more slots.

63 in hex equals 99. So we've got 100 slots to work with since 00 counts as a slot.

With the new boss slots I'm configuring we can get up to an estimated 85 if you do no have Zss, alloys, giga, sheik, indvidual pokes, or warioman.

So I'd like to share the remaining data and see if anyone has anythig to say. So looking at it off the bat:

Slots 00-0D are default characters.

0E is Sheik. Is this possible to use the slot but keep Sheik as a transform character?
Or would that mess up the transform? If it's possible then to have a 100 icon screen we'd need to out her in.

0F is Popo, the name of the me Iceclimber.
10 is Nana the secondary Iceclimber. Since you control Popo, does Nana need a slot? What are the risks of using her slot? Would Ice climbers break? Woukd she not spawn? Unlike Zss and Sheik she's a bit of a waste. She has slot data but if we can't even use her slot at all then that beings the character count down to 99...

From here we are at:
10-17 are default characters and good.

Slot 18 is Zss. Same boat as Sheik.

Slot 19-1B default characters.

1C is Pokemon Trainer
1D is Charizard
1E is Squirtle
1F is Ivysaur

I have a lot of questions here...

1. Is it possible to use pkmn slots but keep trainer, thus having all of the Pokemon but haing three slots.

2. Or the other way, individual pokemon and being able to use Trainer? He's another unplayable... I mean he has an icon but still...

Moving on:

20-23 are default.

24 is free and usable for boss slots when configured correctly.

25 is Jigglypuff

26-28 are usable boss slots

29 is Toon Link

2A and 2B are good for boss slots

2C wolf

2D is free for boss slots

2E and 2F are defaults

I'll continue later. Can anyone provide input on the poetitnial slots? Nana, Sheik, ZSS, Pkmn trainer OR the Pokemon?


Quote from: Nebulon on April 21, 2014, 03:04:09 PM
Actually, those are alots we couldnuse as bosses. The bosses don't have slot data. You see, saying 'Boss slot' more refers to everything but the slot. Bosses have cosmetic info, csslot info, and fighter info, but not a slot (accordin to the fighter chart). What we've done is take an empty alot and converted it to read the boss sequence i.e. to read fighter 34 but cosmetic 2C and Csslot 2C. These files are aligned in the game tonload a boss. If we minc the pathway as shown, and then associatethe fighter ID with an empty slot, then you've CREATED a boss slot.

:)

And I was afraid of that... This means that due to Nana being a unusable slot AND undisplayable slot, she cannot fill up a space on the css. Nor can slot 58 for that matter.

So then the cap would be 98 slots until someone finds a fix for slot 58.

People may notice that there are more alots then boss sequences available if you count the empties and the forbidden 7. This means that the last few slots need to read a rigged css,fighter, and cosmwtic sequence, not one that the game has built in. These will be tougher. After that, I think the only way to add in characters would be to replace Giga Bowaer, Warioman, an the alloys. There's a ln empty space alot that it literally empty space, but I think some told me that isn't possible either. I think it's coming to a close...

So a realistic cap would be 96 IF we can get the 4 reamining forbiddenfighter slots to read a manual sequence, AND if you havepn trainer, and pokemon, and zss, and sheik, and Giga, and Warioman.

I'm rushing this response, but 96 is my rough estimate.

Post Merge: April 21, 2014, 03:05:42 PM

I'm at work so I'll fix typos later
you really shouldnt worry about what fighter slots can be used,
u need to worry about what css slot ids can be used
because css slots are tied to the roster, and tied to whatever character appears in game when chosen in the css
as far as css ids
2A-2C are free to use
2D-37 are bosses
38-3B are alloys
and than 3C,3D,3E are free to use

bosses and alloys cssslots can also be "Borrowed"
u do need to watch out for the fighters that have the same number ids as the unused css slots
sonic, snake, and wolf

to make this work
all u need to do is hexedit the cssslot 0X10 into the id of the clone fighter u need in said cssslot
also u need to hexedit the cssslot edit level=1
same method i used for gigabowser...

Post Merge: April 21, 2014, 11:00:50 PM

Quote from: ToadKart on April 21, 2014, 08:12:17 PM
You can have a separate Popo and Nana on the CSS, so wouldn't that fill up the last two slots?
they would only take space for clones
better to have clones than solo pop or solo nana
there is no existing cssslot for solo popo or solo nana, there is only one iceclimbers cssslot


Quote from: cheatglitch on April 21, 2014, 11:35:17 PM
Check this out: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=67591.0 ;)
I'm still waiting for SammiHusky to finish his update on his BrawlEx config, so we won't have to go through so much work just for a few cosmetics. :P
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]