The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: The Knave on April 20, 2014, 02:28:18 PM
The same way as it's always been :P
Not very specific...
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on April 20, 2014, 03:50:17 PM
Not very specific...

If I remember correctly, you just gotta replace the background in the file with the one from your previous CSS and animate it properly, there's nothing extra complicated or anything :-\
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Quote from: The Knave on April 20, 2014, 02:28:18 PM
The same way as it's always been :P

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: The Knave on April 20, 2014, 04:35:49 PM
If I remember correctly, you just gotta replace the background in the file with the one from your previous CSS and animate it properly, there's nothing extra complicated or anything :-\

I'm pretty sure there's not a default background image on the normal CSS, I could be wrong. In any case, I wouldn't mind starting with a CSS like the one you've shown. Did you build that one yourself?

Quote from: nerdbot on April 20, 2014, 03:43:51 PM
Would it be possible to rig this up to make it so each character has more cosmetic slots instead rather than adding a ton of new characters? I know you could, say, make a ton of Mario clones and give them all the alternate skins and costumes you want, but that's not really...ideal, haha. Would rigging it up to give more costume slots even afford any extra spaces over what cBliss gives you?

By checking extra costume slots in the Fighter Config, and hex editing the CSSlot Config you can accomplish the same effect as CBliss. There are a few characters where it seems like you could have up to 12 costumes, but it's best to stick to 10 so nothing conflicts. If you'd like the CSSlot and Fighter configs already edited, I believe ShinF has them linked in his signature.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Quote from: Axel Akutare on April 20, 2014, 05:42:42 PM
I'm pretty sure there's not a default background image on the normal CSS, I could be wrong. In any case, I wouldn't mind starting with a CSS like the one you've shown. Did you build that one yourself?

You're right. There isn't one, but you can add one. I don't remember how I did this one since it was about a year ago, but if I recall correctly, you can simply replace the background model that is already there for a proper 2D model, and make an animation so it rotates if you want.

It is also possible to grab your old CSS and make it BrawlEX compatible, which is what I've done to mine (I've made this CSS long before BrawlEX came out). But should be easy either way.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


No,nooooo, well I copied and pasted my private folder to my desktop so I could use the clone engine then  I went to play my modded brawl (No cones) and it diddnt load up.

Quote from: The Knave on April 20, 2014, 07:38:30 PM
You're right. There isn't one, but you can add one. I don't remember how I did this one since it was about a year ago, but if I recall correctly, you can simply replace the background model that is already there for a proper 2D model, and make an animation so it rotates if you want.

It is also possible to grab your old CSS and make it BrawlEX compatible, which is what I've done to mine (I've made this CSS long before BrawlEX came out). But should be easy either way.


Okay. So, I know there's a particular part of the CSS file that needs to be changed to make it BrawlEx compatible, I just don't know which one. It would be helpful to have one of the custom CSSes get put up on the Vault that's just plain compatible with BrawlEx.

As a side note, would anyone happen to have an old copy of the SMBZ moveset? Since it just got updated I've lost access to the one that allowed for the Paper Mario model to work with it.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Quote from: Axel Akutare on April 20, 2014, 10:04:41 PM
Okay. So, I know there's a particular part of the CSS file that needs to be changed to make it BrawlEx compatible, I just don't know which one. It would be helpful to have one of the custom CSSes get put up on the Vault that's just plain compatible with BrawlEx.

I'll make my own CSS avaliable soon enough... Still, as far as I know, as long as you follow the tutorials, a normal CSS IS compatible with BrawlEx, however, only one with Sammi's modifications will support 100 characters, by the amount of bones in MenSelchr_pos_TopN.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


I'm considering trying to make custom cosmetics, but I need two things (third is optional).

1.) I need the blue gradient background the characters heads are over on the CSS.

2.) Do I need to edit the CSSConfig.dat for the BrawlEx character as well as the sel_char.pac?

3.) Could I get a tl;dr version of SammiHusky's tutorial?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Sammi, I followed your first cosmetics tutorial to a T. Everything works, except that I get a black box where the CSS icon should be. I checked my textures, PAT0s and everything appears fine. I even hexed the Cosmetic Config. Any advice?

Quote from: KingEvilpuff on April 20, 2014, 10:55:33 PM

1.) I need the blue gradient background the characters heads are over on the CSS.

Ahem. ;)


April 21, 2014, 03:07:36 AM #5154 Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 03:28:40 AM by Tidus
Quote from: Tidus on April 19, 2014, 02:41:20 AM
So I tried to run BrawlEx on my wii again, and every time I'd get to the PM Launcher (using the SDHC code, so I need to use the PM Launcer afaik) and press play, it'd just take me back to the main wii menu.

Anyone know what's up?

Still having that problem. Never had it before when I ran BrawlEx. Only happened recently. I'll see if I have a backup or something, but I seriously doubt it.

Post Merge: April 21, 2014, 03:28:40 AM

Alright, fixed the problem. Now I just need to remove the CSS code from my gct. Which is why the css comes up empty, correct?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So the only problem i have in brawlex is random freezes during matches, and character select.

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on April 20, 2014, 03:21:08 PM
Why are you not using AXNextFrame?

Because with AXNextFrame, I can't even get the game to load. It gets past the strap screen, and then locks up at 'Now Loading...'. No matter how many times I try, it just will not go any further.


Quote from: Tiberious on April 21, 2014, 04:18:07 AM
Because with AXNextFrame, I can't even get the game to load. It gets past the strap screen, and then locks up at 'Now Loading...'. No matter how many times I try, it just will not go any further.

I had that same issue the other day, turned out my StrapEn file got corrupted. Replaced it and it worked perfectly again. You should try that, it might not necessarily be that same file though so just try all the stuff your replacing that has to do with the first few menu's.
My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

I'm on my phone but I'm going to attempt to start a discussion pertaining to unused slots. This could be essential for figuring out what we can do to open more slots.

63 in hex equals 99. So we've got 100 slots to work with since 00 counts as a slot.

With the new boss slots I'm configuring we can get up to an estimated 85 if you do no have Zss, alloys, giga, sheik, indvidual pokes, or warioman.

So I'd like to share the remaining data and see if anyone has anythig to say. So looking at it off the bat:

Slots 00-0D are default characters.

0E is Sheik. Is this possible to use the slot but keep Sheik as a transform character?
Or would that mess up the transform? If it's possible then to have a 100 icon screen we'd need to out her in.

0F is Popo, the name of the me Iceclimber.
10 is Nana the secondary Iceclimber. Since you control Popo, does Nana need a slot? What are the risks of using her slot? Would Ice climbers break? Woukd she not spawn? Unlike Zss and Sheik she's a bit of a waste. She has slot data but if we can't even use her slot at all then that beings the character count down to 99...

From here we are at:
10-17 are default characters and good.

Slot 18 is Zss. Same boat as Sheik.

Slot 19-1B default characters.

1C is Pokemon Trainer
1D is Charizard
1E is Squirtle
1F is Ivysaur

I have a lot of questions here...

1. Is it possible to use pkmn slots but keep trainer, thus having all of the Pokemon but haing three slots.

2. Or the other way, individual pokemon and being able to use Trainer? He's another unplayable... I mean he has an icon but still...

Moving on:

20-23 are default.

24 is free and usable for boss slots when configured correctly.

25 is Jigglypuff

26-28 are usable boss slots

29 is Toon Link

2A and 2B are good for boss slots

2C wolf

2D is free for boss slots

2E and 2F are defaults

I'll continue later. Can anyone provide input on the poetitnial slots? Nana, Sheik, ZSS, Pkmn trainer OR the Pokemon?

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822