The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Kagerou Imaizumi on April 25, 2014, 01:12:26 PM
It's a PSA for Lucas.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34047
Correction, it is a damn amazing PSA for Lucas.
I still want to know how to fix the franchise logo though. It's the only thing that confuses me. I have everything else down.


Uh I noticed a issue in Nebulon's pack incase he actually forgot to fix it Young Link still spawns items with his taunts.

Quote from: Brstmguy on April 25, 2014, 02:24:52 PM
Uh I noticed a issue in Nebulon's pack incase he actually forgot to fix it Young Link still spawns items with his taunts.

I'll fix it and leave a note in my sig when I do so people can redownload just that. I've been working on balancing characters since 3 of the additions are designed for other types of Brawl lol.

But I'll get to it. :)
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Where do I go to edit them?

i am having a problem with the brawl ex clone tool on windows 8. i followed all instructions by copying core files and expansion files into folder PF. when i load the clone tool and open PF folder it imputs the correct files into the brawl ex folder.

But then when i try to add a character the program stops working and shuts down.

I am using windows 8.

i have attempted to play around with it, and it seems that when i remove the menu2 folder it works, but no images pop up when adding the character.

PLEASE HEL[

Quote from: officersherid on April 25, 2014, 07:54:24 PM
i am having a problem with the brawl ex clone tool on windows 8. i followed all instructions by copying core files and expansion files into folder PF. when i load the clone tool and open PF folder it imputs the correct files into the brawl ex folder.

But then when i try to add a character the program stops working and shuts down.

I am using windows 8.

i have attempted to play around with it, and it seems that when i remove the menu2 folder it works, but no images pop up when adding the character.

PLEASE HEL[

Make sure your sc_selcharacter's compression is either set to lz77 or none. not extended lz77. If you have more problems, PM me :P

Solved my problems with crashing on the SSS.

Still haven't succeeded in trying to add custom CSS icons and BPs. But hey, the clones work. And that's the important part.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Kagerou Imaizumi on April 25, 2014, 01:12:26 PM
It's a PSA for Lucas.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34047
I think I just found a new clone....  ;D

As a side note, is there a way to edit STGRESULT.PAC to not load victory portraits at all? I want to save adding those for later, and simply adding the generic ones didn't get it to load. Unless I have to do something extra with them beside just copy the menu file in the download...
Something remixed this way comes...

Quote from: officersherid on April 25, 2014, 07:54:24 PM
i am having a problem with the brawl ex clone tool on windows 8. i followed all instructions by copying core files and expansion files into folder PF. when i load the clone tool and open PF folder it imputs the correct files into the brawl ex folder.

But then when i try to add a character the program stops working and shuts down.

I am using windows 8.

i have attempted to play around with it, and it seems that when i remove the menu2 folder it works, but no images pop up when adding the character.

PLEASE HEL[
Try the XP version of the tool, it works in Windows 8.

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: Blazingflare on April 25, 2014, 09:46:24 AM

I don't know what's wrong with this clone. The franchise logo appears as symbols on the results screen and only the results screen. Everywhere else, it works just fine(I have it use the smash logo). All of my other clones work just fine. Though I have them set to use the other existing franchise logos if that matters.
For the record it's a Lucas clone on slot 3F.

Edit
I forgot to mention that this happens on both Dolphin and my Wii.

I had this problem as well. I fixed it by setting my clones' cosmetic IDs to one less than the number of the icon imported into STGRESULT.PAC. For instance, even though the tutorial starts at MenSelchrMark.21, to set a character's series to that icon, enter 20 (14 in Hex) in their Cosmetic.dat.

The newest version of Nebulon's pack now gives me random freezing after a match.

Why is this happening?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Probably missing something for the results screen. Does it have portraits? Franchise icons?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on April 26, 2014, 04:35:43 AM
Probably missing something for the results screen. Does it have portraits? Franchise icons?

Well, not exactly at the Results Screen.
But at the CSS.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

I've got a question, I'm trying to set up Oot Link to replace Monster Hunter in Nebulon's pack. I got him working but he's not using Monster Hunter's BP Csp Css icon or even name he's using Link's, How do I set him up in order to use the portraits, icon, and name from Monster Hunter's slot?

April 26, 2014, 12:05:01 PM #5279 Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 02:09:56 PM by Nebulon
Quote from: HaloFanODST on April 26, 2014, 04:27:08 AM
The newest version of Nebulon's pack now gives me random freezing after a match.

Why is this happening?

??? Hmmm, well

1. are you exiting the CSS screen after every match?

And

2. Someone told me that even after using the DL certain files weren't copied so they had to copy them individually from the DL in certain folders.

Are the freezes consistent with certain characters?

I know this doesn't SEEM like it's relevant to the clone engine, but my method for using boss slots is new and I need to diagnose the problems when they happen, as it's the only way to ensure that this method is the surefire way for the Clone engine to move forward, and my pack is currently the only public pack to use this method. This is a Beta almost trying something new out, and I need the feedback as it'll be relevant to everyone on here once I explain how to do it, only after I confirm there aren't any issues.







Post Merge: April 26, 2014, 12:08:43 PM

Quote from: Brstmguy on April 26, 2014, 08:31:21 AM
I've got a question, I'm trying to set up Oot Link to replace Monster Hunter in Nebulon's pack. I got him working but he's not using Monster Hunter's BP Csp Css icon or even name he's using Link's, How do I set him up in order to use the portraits, icon, and name from Monster Hunter's slot?

Boss slots don't work as one might traditionally think.

And I am still planning on teaching that. Right now I've managed to get the game up to 93 characters if you count Trainer, AND Pokemon, AND Sheik, AND ZSS. If I can add at least 4 more slots, and it all works this way, then I'll know that this method is the proper method moving forward and I will explain it. I just did some research last night on how to further associate different slots.

After I can get to 97, I will teach people. Why? Because the only slots left will be Warioman, Giga Bowser, and None, and I've been told that messing with the "None" slot can cause corruption. So The cap is 99 characters if you count Giga and Wario, but I'm still going to see what I can do with them.

I'm almost there, just hang on everyone.

Post Merge: April 26, 2014, 01:51:46 PM

Okay, new development:

With some help from Kagerou, we looked at the code and I was essentially taught what values to change in the configs to get things to work. It's like detective work at this point, I need to figure out what does what, and I can do so by looking at the fighter chart, which displays the values for different configs in hex, which in turn helps me figure out what is being referenced inside the files.

So my new development is that using a new method I successfully got my 94th fighter to work, and so I'm pretty sure I can get 94-97 to work. Using Popo's slot does NOT mess with Popo, I had them both fight and nothing bad happened what-so-ever.

Now... the only problem is that the newest clones I can add now, do not have ingame BPs or result screen information. Instead, they load Mario's. The CSS is fine, I can put in any value corresponding to my CSS files and load any Icon, name, Icon name, and CSPs I want, the issue is that having Blaze the Cat load Mario's BP and result portraits during the end of a match is silly... So... There are different paths I can take here...

I can take Mario's files and move them in my pack to a different ID that my Mario will use, and then replace the default spot for Mario's BPs and Result portrait with a character (Like Blaze as our example) and thus she'll have all her pics, and so will Mario.

But this won't work for the remaining 4... Though... I just hit an idea so I'm going to keep working.

Post Merge: April 26, 2014, 02:09:56 PM

Apparently using cosmetic 24 is perfectly fine. Now I need to decide what other cosmetic IDs are okay... IF I can get at least 3, then I can redirect Mario and get 4 cosmetics for the potential final 4 characters... :)

But when I finally teach people how to do this...

It's gonna basically be just people reading what I did to set it all up. The bosses and Alloys work in a way that is consistent, however the rest of the files while they do, they have different effects, and so the best way to build your own packs to 99 characters, will be to strictly do what I did, or just DL my pack.

This isn't a ploy for downloads, it's just that every piece of data link out of order and not every piece works... everyone'll see what I mean when I finally show them, and then people can make the decision.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822