The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

January 07, 2014, 04:47:48 AM #720 Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 04:50:08 AM by Kage Ryu
Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on January 07, 2014, 02:21:48 AM
So has anyone tried experimenting with getting up to 4 characters onto one slot?

Like a transformation character.

I decided to code Lucario to be able to switch into Link, Ike, or Sonic in the .dat file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgczkd55w8xmwmt/Slot24%20%5BLucario%5D.dat

If anyone would like to, try this. If it doesn't crash, then try using PSA or BB to code in the ability to change into one of the 4 characters by doing anything you like.

Edit: I forgot to put in the Edit Level byte. If you can't get it to work, then that's possibly the reason why. I'll re-upload after someone replies.
I tried it. Both with some other tests and with your Slot file. Editing just the Slot file and setting up the different characters to load doesn't work on its own, either with or without the Edit Level being set to 01. Selecting the slot with that info on a non-transforming character just causes the game to crash when it loads the other fighter's stuff.

I've also looked at the config files for Zelda, Shiek, Samus, and ZSS, but couldn't find anything that tells them to look for the other's stuff aside from the slot config, as the cosmetic and css configs just point to whichever character's it is. I didn't even see much in the P-Trainer's cosmetic/cssslot stuff aside from loading himself either.

One interesting thing I did find, however, was in the sc_selcharacter.pac. There's a Zelda/Shiek slot icon all by its lonesome in Misc[70] and a corresponding .brres in the char_bust .arc. However, the .brres is blank and has nothing in it. The cosmetic config for Zelda/Shiek (together, not their separate ones) points to this, but none of zelda's configs point to this Zelda/Shiek cosmetic. Also, her position in the roster (unmodified from vBrawl) is 0E in the custom CSS code, loading Zelda herself rather than any dual slot.

I think something else in Brawl's coding calls the ability to swap portraits by selecting the picture or setting up dual fighters like Samus/ZSS. Whatever it is, I'm not sure BrawlEx by itself has the ability to resolve it, and it may also involve both characters sharing the same .rel module. Or both .rel modules linking to each other, because according to what Dolphin spits out, the .rels are loaded upon selecting a character, and it may be that loading multiple .rels causes a crash.


...Then again, this is pure conjecture. I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to .rels, only that they are highly complex.


Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on January 07, 2014, 04:40:55 AM
yes
but remember to do any renaming

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.

January 07, 2014, 05:33:33 AM #722 Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 05:36:55 AM by the98pika
I tried it out and it loaded random icon and freezes when hovering it...I followed the video tutorial for vbrawl and I renamed everything and did the file setup btw this is for marth.
I think I did everything right if I can get help on this it would be great!

edit: I also know about this problem in the troubleshoot part in the first post, but it's not that.
-

Randoms happen a lot when your CSS value in your CSS code does not match a FighterConfig file's number in your BrawEX folder
Also when 29 is not the last integers in order in your CSScode

I know the classic character expansion (alloys, independants) doesnt work with this, but is there a way to have at least the independents?

Quote from: ASF1nk on January 06, 2014, 12:04:27 PM
For the people using my pack you need to use the bx_fighter.rel in BrawlEx v1.1.2.0 not v1.1.2.1 that's my bad.
v1.1.2.1 is only for people loading off an edited ISO. That's what was causing the Mario Icons.

Also for convenience...

Troubleshooting Freezes:

Strap screen
= Codes: check your byte counts.
Loading Screen = File size limit: Check common5.pac [~11.639MB] / info.pac [~390KB]
Entering CSS = CSS File Size limit: sc_selcharacter limit ~3.79MB.
Hovering over Icon = Missing CSPs/Bad CSPs
Selecting Character = Character.pacs File size limit [Note changing costumes by pressing Y/X also loads the character]
After selecting a stage = Missing files: Could be anything from missing .pacs or BPs for P1. Bad Module: Check you Module ID and Character ID.
In-game = Missing Battle Portraits: Easy to tell by looking which BPs didn't load when it froze[pf\info\portrite\] / PSA: A lot of PSAs in the vault are buggy and incomplete always read the Submitter notes/thread!
Result screen = Missing result screen portraits [RSPs][pf\menu\common\char_bust_tex\]


What about if it freezes at the SSS? I haven't added or changed anything from your pack and every time I go to the SSS it freezes.

Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on January 07, 2014, 05:42:54 AM
Randoms happen a lot when your CSS value in your CSS code does not match a FighterConfig file's number in your BrawEX folder
Also when 29 is not the last integers in order in your CSScode

It also happens when the bx_fighter.rel file isn't loaded for some reason.

Okay well I spent the day trying to get a brawl USB backup to work and well it still didn't do anything unfortunately and it works on Sammi's wii apparently so I really don't know, I'm going to take a wild guess and say one of my files (I used the CSPs from one of the Roy Pacs) either surpasses the size limit or corrupted in some way. I'll start over again tomorrow but if it doesn't work I'll just have to wait for custom CSP stuff I suppose.

Thanks for all the help though guys you've been awesome.

January 07, 2014, 08:00:35 AM #728 Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 08:04:39 AM by sammi-husky
Quote from: Pichi-Hime on January 07, 2014, 04:40:27 AM
Oh god. Welp, I tried it at first, froze at stage selection. Tried again, while selecting cpu. Tried a third time, and the match started but rosalina was in t-pose. when i tried to attack, it froze. Any iddea what I did wrong? :-[

make absolute sure that the files in the fighter folder are named the exact as the name that you set up in the fighter config. Dont forget the Module too. if it isn't named right, it will freeze at Stage selection.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 07, 2014, 06:58:54 AM
It also happens when the bx_fighter.rel file isn't loaded for some reason.

Because the bx_fighter module holds alot of coding for the clones.

Quote from: Kyouma on January 07, 2014, 06:27:11 AM
I know the classic character expansion (alloys, independants) doesnt work with this, but is there a way to have at least the independents?

you can have the independants without the code. just add 1d 1e 1c to the css code, and it will give each pokemon their own slot. though keep in mind that during battle you can still change the pokemon.

Quote from: Kage Ryu on January 07, 2014, 04:47:48 AM


I think something else in Brawl's coding calls the ability to swap portraits by selecting the picture or setting up dual fighters like Samus/ZSS. Whatever it is, I'm not sure BrawlEx by itself has the ability to resolve it, and it may also involve both characters sharing the same .rel module. Or both .rel modules linking to each other, because according to what Dolphin spits out, the .rels are loaded upon selecting a character, and it may be that loading multiple .rels causes a crash.

your right, the rels themselves reference each other with hardcoded strings of data.
without the right module coding, a transforming character wont work. *i think*

i'll take a look and see what i can come up with.

Quote from: ToadKart on January 07, 2014, 06:47:08 AM
What about if it freezes at the SSS? I haven't added or changed anything from your pack and every time I go to the SSS it freezes.

replace the bx_fighter.rel with one from the newest version of the brawlEx download unless your using a modified/repacked iso and loading it that way. its in core files under modules.

========================================

this thread has really calmed down as of late. can't tell if it's because we solved alot of the frequent problems, or because people aren't as hype anymore lol. either way, idk if im gonna be able to break the css screen's limit. but i will make that video tutorial tomorrow on replacing csp's AND css icons. (no work, yaayy)


Quote from: the98pika on January 07, 2014, 05:33:33 AM
I tried it out and it loaded random icon and freezes when hovering it...I followed the video tutorial for vbrawl and I renamed everything and did the file setup btw this is for marth.
I think I did everything right if I can get help on this it would be great!

edit: I also know about this problem in the troubleshoot part in the first post, but it's not that.

Did you make sure to use the files from BrawlEx v1.1.2.0 and not BrawlEx v1.1.2.1? That was my problem at first. Try this: download BrawlEx v1.1.2.1 and copy the bx_fighter.rel file from the core files folder and put it in your module folder on your sd card under pf/module

Quote from: Hosernaut on January 06, 2014, 11:02:29 PM
So I'm following sammi's method for custom CSS icons right now. I'm pretty sure I followed it right, but all my cloned icons are now that CSS icon, instead of just the one I wanted.

Anyone have any idea why this would happen?

It's been a few pages, so I'm gonna repost this.

Currently taking Stock Icon requests.
In need of an animator for a few moves for my PSA. PM me if interested.

Yes, all the files are named correctly. But now it just shows a random icon. :-[ :-[ :-[

January 07, 2014, 05:32:51 PM #732 Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 06:21:28 PM by the98pika
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on January 07, 2014, 05:42:54 AM
Randoms happen a lot when your CSS value in your CSS code does not match a FighterConfig file's number in your BrawEX folder
Also when 29 is not the last integers in order in your CSScode
Here's the last line in my CSS code: 0A23193F 29000000
I don't think I did it wrong but if I did please tell me.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 07, 2014, 06:58:54 AM
It also happens when the bx_fighter.rel file isn't loaded for some reason.
I put it in private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/Module

Quote from: shock44 on January 07, 2014, 09:23:39 AM
Did you make sure to use the files from BrawlEx v1.1.2.0 and not BrawlEx v1.1.2.1? That was my problem at first. Try this: download BrawlEx v1.1.2.1 and copy the bx_fighter.rel file from the core files folder and put it in your module folder on your sd card under pf/module
I used the core files from BrawlEx v1.1.2.0. And now I tried BrawlEx v1.1.2.1, and it didn't solve my problem :/.
-

i have a question:say im trying to put scot pilgrim as a lucas clone,he needs a code saying:
lucas has no tether:i have a feeling this will conflict with normal lucases snake grab,is there a way this can be avoided?
did ya miss me?

Edit his fighterconfig to disable AirCatch.