The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

January 12, 2014, 03:17:17 AM #945 Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 03:19:54 AM by Yukko's srs faic
Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on January 12, 2014, 03:15:18 AM
does this not work for you?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=61460.0
Oh! I didn't know that's how it worked. Well I feel stupid now, thanks man!
Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on January 12, 2014, 03:16:29 AM
Except THPs.

And SFX in Gecko=Replacement Soundbank Engine

[[censored] ninja'd]
Last I heard, THPs now work with File Patch Code. Or maybe someone is just lying.
Professor is best Nichijou character.


Quote from: Yukko's srs faic on January 12, 2014, 03:17:17 AM
Oh! I didn't know that's how it worked. Well I feel stupid now, thanks man! Last I heard, THPs now work with File Patch Code. Or maybe someone is just lying.
And I thought they were too big for FPC, although I'll look into it.


Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on January 12, 2014, 03:23:39 AM
too big as in file size for the sd card?

As in the file size of the file.

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on January 12, 2014, 03:25:25 AM
As in the file size of the file.
I once loaded the .brsar(124mb) file of the sd card with fp4, though it occassionally froze lol
but it could have been the coding
not the size
necessarily


Quote from: Yukko's srs faic on January 12, 2014, 03:13:26 AM
I know, I'm trying to make it compatible somehow. I was thinking XML... and apparently you aren't supposed to use the File Patch Code with Riivo, so I'm not sure. Maybe I have to find a way for the File Patch Code to work with riivo before anything else? I'd be fine if I could figure out how to get Smashbros_sound.brsar to work with Gecko. If someone can tell me that, all of the Riivo users can go back to gecko, because that means gecko can do everything that Riivo can do for brawl.
Quote from: Yukko's srs faic on January 12, 2014, 03:17:17 AM
Oh! I didn't know that's how it worked. Well I feel stupid now, thanks man! Last I heard, THPs now work with File Patch Code. Or maybe someone is just lying.
Riivo also has unlimited space for hacks which is why I want this to work with it. 2gb is not enough space for some users. When you have all the music replaced, filled your all textures slots, pcs and pac. PSA, motion and all stages you have over 2 gb. I am a Riivo user that has almost a 3gb sd and will appreciate if we can get it to work with it.

Quote from: OmegaS3 on January 12, 2014, 03:35:18 AM
Riivo also has unlimited space for hacks which is why I want this to work with it. 2gb is not enough space for some users. When you have all the music replaced, filled your all textures slots, pcs and pac. PSA, motion and all stages you have over 2 gb. I am a Riivo user that has almost a 3gb sd and will appreciate if we can get it to work with it.
As would I... I've been using Riivo for so long I've basically forgotten how anything else (gecko/usb loader) works.
Professor is best Nichijou character.

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on January 12, 2014, 03:31:09 AM
There's a v4?
yea
its buggy so it was never released
Quote from: OmegaS3 on January 12, 2014, 03:35:18 AM
Riivo also has unlimited space for hacks which is why I want this to work with it. 2gb is not enough space for some users. When you have all the music replaced, filled your all textures slots, pcs and pac. PSA, motion and all stages you have over 2 gb. I am a Riivo user that has almost a 3gb sd and will appreciate if we can get it to work with it.
*cough*sdhcextension*cough*

Quote from: Yukko's srs faic on January 12, 2014, 03:36:28 AM
As would I... I've been using Riivo for so long I've basically forgotten how anything else (gecko/usb loader) works.
My friend and I are trying to get it to work. I can get to the CSS screen with a random icon that freezes. I'm trying everything to get it to work.
Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on January 12, 2014, 03:40:53 AM
yea
its buggy so it was never released*cough*sdhcextension*cough*
So the SD extension allows more than 2gb of hacks?

Quote from: OmegaS3 on January 12, 2014, 03:42:30 AM
So the SD extension allows more than 2gb of hacks?
If you aren't using a hackless wii, yes.
Professor is best Nichijou character.

Quote from: Yukko's srs faic on January 12, 2014, 03:46:15 AM
If you aren't using a hackless wii, yes.
Sounds like a riddle. My wii is soft modded does that mean this will work?

i think...that this won't work without the filepatch code, as i cant forsee any way other then that code telling the game to load the brawl ex files.

IF someone gets it to actually load brawlEx, then its more then likely possible. with changing your xml to use the right paths

Adding to what  OmegaS3 said, a couple more reasons it would be great for this to work with Riivolution:

1: you can install Riivolution on a friend's unmodded wii but you can't install Gecko.

2: mods seem to be more stable on Riivolution in general (I experienced a couple bad sound related bugs when trying a mod of mine on Gecko a couple months ago).