The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

was BrawlEx crashing before when there was Custom music? im not entirely sure that it was the music that was causing that crash, though it's what i would check out first

Quote from: HaloFanODST on January 04, 2014, 05:35:34 AM
Ok, since I got a Marth Clone to work, I decided to try to add another character slot.

I edited the code, put the files, edited everything to have a Sonic clone (for Shadow).
When I went to the CSS, the game froze.

Why?

can you post the CSS that you edited?

OK, that's it, I give up. I've concluded that this thing just doesn't like Riivolution. D:

No matter what I do, the game refuses to load the CSS. I don't know what it is, I'm stumped.

Here's my CSS code:


Tabuu's Custom CSS, featuring Chiyako Amami (Marth Clone)
0668310C 00000030
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800014 94A30004
3B7B0001 2C1B0032
4180FFE8 48000038
04690338 48000068
066900D8 00000008
2C170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 00000025
00010203 06070811
12091A0E 1716131B
21260D05 14101F25
200B270C 15242218
0A23193F 29000000


So either the code just doesn't work, or it won't load common2.pac.

I load via USB, but put the BrawlEx stuff on my SD as written. I even have the rel file and 2 costumes for my Marth clone.

hmm...what other codes are you running in your codeset?

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 04, 2014, 05:42:52 AM
OK, that's it, I give up. I've concluded that this thing just doesn't like Riivolution. D:

No matter what I do, the game refuses to load the CSS. I don't know what it is, I'm stumped.

Here's my CSS code:


Tabuu's Custom CSS, featuring Chiyako Amami (Marth Clone)
0668310C 00000030
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800014 94A30004
3B7B0001 2C1B0032
4180FFE8 48000038
04690338 48000068
066900D8 00000008
2C170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 00000025
00010203 06070811
12091A0E 1716131B
21260D05 14101F25
200B270C 15242218
0A23193F 29000000


So either the code just doesn't work, or it won't load common2.pac.

I load via USB, but put the BrawlEx stuff on my SD as written. I even have the rel file and 2 costumes for my Marth clone.
i use Riivolution also so ill help you with this also so im going to try this some thing tomorrow

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 04, 2014, 05:49:25 AM
hmm...what other codes are you running in your codeset?

Using:

Stage Expansion by PW
EY's maxed out Stage Select
Custom music for custom stages
Old stage select button codes that allow me to select Homerun, WifiTraining, etc.
System name codes by ASF1nk

That's it.

No rel ports, no other CSS/character stat codes, nuthin'.

Quote from: Leon Exodio on January 04, 2014, 05:54:16 AM
i use Riivolution also so ill help you with this also so im going to try this some thing tomorrow

Sweet.

Is there certain settings for it to work in usb, because on my wii u I get to the CSS,but on usbloadergx it goes to the now loading and then a white screen that stays.

I ripped the iso using cleanrip yesterday.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 04, 2014, 05:58:05 AM
Using:
System name codes by ASF1nk

you may want to try to disable that, it may solve the problem

Except it's the CSS that won't load. D:

January 04, 2014, 06:08:53 AM #308 Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 06:10:17 AM by sammi-husky
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 04, 2014, 06:05:21 AM
Except it's the CSS that won't load. D:

but the code may alter some of the same things that the BrawlEx engine modifies as well

Quote from: Jade_Rock on January 04, 2014, 06:00:00 AM
Is there certain settings for it to work in usb, because on my wii u I get to the CSS,but on usbloadergx it goes to the now loading and then a white screen that stays.

I ripped the iso using cleanrip yesterday.
what codes are you using?

you may want to try my pack that i used in the tutorial
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zl3i7zyn3vdr08y/Sdcard.zip

January 04, 2014, 06:10:55 AM #309 Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 06:13:06 AM by HaloFanODST
Quote from: sammi-husky on January 04, 2014, 05:37:45 AM
can you post the CSS that you edited?

Nevermind.
The game just didn't load the code.

Post Merge: January 04, 2014, 06:13:06 AM

I'll ask again.
How can I make my cloned character share another's CSP's?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

January 04, 2014, 06:15:18 AM #310 Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 06:17:00 AM by sammi-husky
Quote from: HaloFanODST on January 04, 2014, 06:10:55 AM
How can I make my cloned character share another's CSP's?

use the character whose CSP you want it to adopt's Cosmetic Config instead of the one that you would NORMALLY use for the clone

i THINK. im not sure. im only reposting what somebody else said earlier in the thread

i use riivolution and i made it passed the css but the thing is the new slots are random so it freezes but the slots appear

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

So:
I want to clone Sonic, but I want him to share CSP's with Charizard.
I just need to change Sonic's Cosmetic Config to Charizard's?

Post Merge: January 04, 2014, 06:17:45 AM

Quote from: Kingskull95 on January 04, 2014, 06:16:38 AM
i use riivolution and i made it passed the css but the thing is the new slots are random so it freezes but the slots appear

Just restart the game until they appear.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: HaloFanODST on January 04, 2014, 06:17:17 AM
So:
I want to clone Sonic, but I want him to share CSP's with Charizard.
I just need to change Sonic's Cosmetic Config to Charizard's?

Exactly ! He will also have the CSS and all of that stuff from Charizard too

Ok. I can get to the CSS now, but it keeps giving me the deadly Random slot. I think I'll have to keep trying.