The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Thanks for the hard work PW! Hope for the future of smash hacks!

Ok, so far I have been reading all of the stuff... and it seems easy enough to make.

The only thing that bothers me a bit is having to ditch cBliss...

Also, do I have to remove the Independent Pokémon, and separated Zelda/Sheik+Samus/ZSS?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


Wow... I forgot about Gecko's strict-ass code limits. :P

Quote from: ShinF on January 04, 2014, 09:06:57 AM
Hmm, when Duon's sounds are loaded (ie, during the boss battle with him) Roy's sounds work fine. The problem is, I can't get them to load outside of that battle... I must have the wrong ID for him. I thought it might correspond to the hex version of his .sawnd ID, but apparently not. They're probably close to that, though... I'll just start picking random numbers near there till I get it, I guess :P

Project M also uses a code to make Roy have Duon's Soundbank.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Finally got it to work!

But I get Mario's cosmetics instead of Marth's

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 04, 2014, 06:57:47 PM
Finally got it to work!

But I get Mario's cosmetics instead of Marth's

did you make sure that you took marth's CosmeticConfig, changed it to Cosmetic3F and put it in the correct foldeR?
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: SonicBrawler on January 04, 2014, 07:00:21 PM
did you make sure that you took marth's CosmeticConfig, changed it to Cosmetic3F and put it in the correct foldeR?

Yeah, I did. Unless I took Mario's by mistake but I doubt it.

There are a few other odd glitches as well:

-Random select icon is Mario as well.
-I get the SSB icon instead of the mushroom
-Sometimes the game crashes randomly at the SSS, but perhaps that was because it loaded a costume I didn't have.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 04, 2014, 07:03:07 PM
Yeah, I did. Unless I took Mario's by mistake but I doubt it.

There are a few other odd glitches as well:

-Random select icon is Mario as well.
-I get the SSB icon instead of the mushroom
-Sometimes the game crashes randomly at the SSS, but perhaps that was because it loaded a costume I didn't have.

Check everything again.
The Code, the CosmeticConfig, everything.
If it doesn't work, I'll send you mine.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

It works for me ! (on dolphin/gecko though, i will test it on my wii when i have time)
I had the same random icon problem like most of you until i changed the hook type. aside from the clone character being mute, it works perfectly.
Dantarion's ASL combined with the BrawlEx "works": It only loads one stage. I tried with button combinations, but it still loaded the same stage. One time, the game froze when i tried the button combination to select the stage. But it only froze once: the next times i tried again, the game loaded the same stage, like before.
However, you can still play on that stage (with, or without the clone character):

When i've changed the hook type to default, the ASL code was working again (but not the clone engine).
I used the ASL tool from mewtwo2000, if it's important.

Aside from all that, thank you PW for the clone engine, and sammi-husky too (your tutorial helped me realize the hook type issue with dolphin and gecko ).

January 04, 2014, 07:32:08 PM #354 Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 07:35:43 PM by sammi-husky
Quote from: br3compactor on January 04, 2014, 06:31:21 PM

Also, do I have to remove the Independent Pokémon, and separated Zelda/Sheik+Samus/ZSS?


independent pokemon engine....yes. But you can still give them individual slots on the css screen, that when you choose them it will load them when you go out, the only noticeable difference between this and the independent pokemon engine is that the independent pokemon engine removes the ability to switch pokemon while this does not.

css code for shiek/zelda and samus/zamus can stay. i personally use that code with my setup in brawl minus and there is no conlict

Post Merge: January 04, 2014, 07:35:43 PM

Quote from: masamune on January 04, 2014, 07:28:21 PM
Aside from all that, thank you PW for the clone engine, and sammi-husky too (your tutorial helped me realize the hook type issue with dolphin and gecko ).

my pleasure. those were actually the first tutorials i've ever uploaded to youtube. figured it would be a good thing to start making tutorials on since so many people needed help.

Thats so wierd that the ASL code will work with default hook type but not AXFRAMENEXT. it probably has some strange reasoning that i wont understand lol

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 04, 2014, 07:32:08 PM
independent pokemon engine....yes. But you can still give them individual slots on the css screen, that when you choose them it will load them when you go out, the only noticeable difference between this and the independent pokemon engine is that the independent pokemon engine removes the ability to switch pokemon while this does not.

css code for shiek/zelda and samus/zamus can stay. i personally use that code with my setup in brawl minus and there is no conlict

Gee, that's a relief. So you mean I can add the independent pokémon slots in a different way? Or do you mean with BrawlEx?
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


So what should the hook type be?

January 04, 2014, 07:43:29 PM #357 Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 07:57:32 PM by sammi-husky
Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 04, 2014, 06:57:47 PM
Finally got it to work!

But I get Mario's cosmetics instead of Marth's

make sure your not using the css fix for giga and comapny V2 code. that code will make almost all of the slots appear to be mario, as well as the random icon

it will normally crash at the SSS if it tries to load a fighter file that isn't there.

Quote from: br3compactor on January 04, 2014, 07:36:51 PM
Gee, that's a relief. So you mean I can add the independent pokémon slots in a different way? Or do you mean with BrawlEx?

instead of the independant pokemon engine, add 1d 1e 1f to the CSS code. those are the ID's for the pokemon.

Correction: it will be 1d 1e 1c. you dont need to make them clones or set up those slots with BrawlEx. they will load normally without any BrawlEx config files


Quote from: Jade_Rock on January 04, 2014, 07:40:49 PM
So what should the hook type be?

for dolphin, it should be AXFRAMENEXT at all times in order to get the least glitches, regardless if you have BrawlEx or not. for the wii, i have had no trouble just using the default. BUT if that doesn't work, you can TRY AXFRAMENEXT on the wii too. though idk if that works or not

January 04, 2014, 07:50:59 PM #358 Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 07:56:53 PM by Tabuu Forte Akugun
Look, _Data_Drain_ ! Chiyako is her own slot. lol

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: sammi-husky on January 04, 2014, 07:43:29 PM
make sure your not using the css fix for giga and comapny V2 code. that code will make almost all of the slots appear to be mario, as well as the random icon

it will normally crash at the SSS if it tries to load a fighter file that isn't there.

I don't use that code.

Quote from: Tabuu Forte Akugun on January 04, 2014, 07:50:59 PM
I don't use that code.
hmm..that's strange. what does it do when you select that character? does it feeze or..?


Also. SB, if your still crashing trying to get pikachu to work, could you try one more time in dolphin? but this time post more of the log? the one you posted was great, but i couldn't see the last successful thing the game loaded before it crashed.