The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

so will anyone be interested in getting 12 characters per slot like wario, or should i stick to trying to figure out the csp deal with sammy-husky's tutorial?
im kinda doing both at the same time lol

January 05, 2014, 05:30:10 AM #466 Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 05:34:30 AM by ShinF
Quote from: shadowXtreme on January 05, 2014, 05:16:18 AMand for shinf, your are not supposed to need to do something with your sd if random icons appear xD5
I really think that making the .dat files bigger would fix many problems xD
Hmm? Random icons aren't the problem. It just freezes at the strap loader sometimes even though it worked before and I hadn't changed anything, and restarting it doesn't help at that point. Re-copying my backup version of it always fixes it. I don't actually change them, just re-copy the files...

Which I think actually supports your idea that the tiny files being fragmented causes it.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

BTW I tested the MK module I got help with and it appears to be working fine. Final smash and stuff appears to be in order, but I need to do more testing with it....

Also the Pit Clone appears to have some polygonal stretching going on, though it may be the fault of this old model. I'm gonna try putting VBrawl Pit on there and see what happens.

January 05, 2014, 05:32:29 AM #468 Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 05:39:03 AM by sammi-husky
Quote from: shadowXtreme on January 05, 2014, 05:27:38 AM
I will quote myself because I edited my last post:
I use usbloaderGX 3.0 , I will try Configurable USB Loader, and see what happens
which IOS do you use? 249?

I PERSONALLY use 248 because i incorrectly modded my wii from the get go.

but PW says he has tested my download pack with usb loader gx. which means usbloader gx should work fine with brawlEx

what kind of sdcard are you using? its not sdHC is it?

Post Merge: January 05, 2014, 05:37:42 AM

Quote from: Don Jon Bravo on January 05, 2014, 05:29:29 AM
so will anyone be interested in getting 12 characters per slot like wario, or should i stick to trying to figure out the csp deal with sammy-husky's tutorial?
im kinda doing both at the same time lol

i've racked my brain against the csp's for a while now, and i've come to the conclusion that the Cosmetic ID that i bassically created isn't linked to the CSS icon.

every other cosmetic slot, just chooses the CSS icon without it being specified, as long as you specify the Cosmetic ID in the Cosmetic Config. when i set the Cosmetic ID in the config, i get the CSP that i added to the ID i created, but no css icon.

i have also tinkered around inside of the CSS slot config as well, seeing as PW said in the op that it controlled some of the data for loading css icon's but nothing i tried worked. that is unless im missing some crucial step in either the CSS config or the Cosmetic config....OR in the way im formatting the names in sc_selcharacter.pac

is it just me or using BrawlEx and L-cancel [melee] makes it act like Z-Cancel [ssb 64]

here is the L-cancel code I'm using

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


before using BrawlEx it worked like L-Cancel [do a shield just before landing to halve the landing lag], but after using the clone engine it started to work like Z-Cancel [press shield button the moment you land to completely cancel landing lag]

That IS the S-Cancelling code lol.
I just checked my .txt and it matches the code that lets you shield during landing lag.
Got nothing to do with BrawlEx.

January 05, 2014, 05:52:18 AM #471 Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 06:25:26 AM by chocodino
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 05, 2014, 05:46:20 AM
That IS the S-Cancelling code lol.
I just checked my .txt and it matches the code that lets you shield during landing lag.
Got nothing to do with BrawlEx.

weird....as I said, it worked exactly like an L-cancel before using Brawl Ex, and even now it doesn't let me cancel into a shield during landing.....

January 05, 2014, 05:59:06 AM #472 Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 06:00:02 AM by ToadKart
Quote from: SonicBrawler on January 05, 2014, 03:51:08 AM
welp. here is a pack. just drag it to ur sd card and load it in gecko. it contains:

-Roy, Dr. Mario, Shadow, Goku, and Roslaina.
-All files preset
-On the CSS, all clones have an unused call that can be edited in the sounds to be what ever, but they will all share it.
-At the Victory Screen, the clone characters have their own names. (IE. Dr. Mario for if dr  mario wins.)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zrtpyb9ztb2dqj9/codes.zip

if it freezes, you get random icons, or something isnt right, DONT WORRY, just reload brawl and the css screen. it happens from time to time.

he used Wario's cosmetic junk so that it loads other costume files, but still used a mario rel and all the other stuff as mario.

Is that pack only for dolphin or am I just doing something wrong because when I go to the stage builder on the Wii, nothing happens.

January 05, 2014, 06:06:42 AM #473 Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 06:08:00 AM by shadowXtreme
Quote from: sammi-husky on January 05, 2014, 05:32:29 AM
I PERSONALLY use 248 because i incorrectly modded my wii from the get go.

but PW says he has tested my download pack with usb loader gx. which means usbloader gx should work fine with brawlEx

what kind of sdcard are you using? its not sdHC is it?

Post Merge: January 05, 2014, 05:37:42 AM

i've racked my brain against the csp's for a while now, and i've come to the conclusion that the Cosmetic ID that i bassically created isn't linked to the CSS icon.

every other cosmetic slot, just chooses the CSS icon without it being specified, as long as you specify the Cosmetic ID in the Cosmetic Config. when i set the Cosmetic ID in the config, i get the CSP that i added to the ID i created, but no css icon.

i have also tinkered around inside of the CSS slot config as well, seeing as PW said in the op that it controlled some of the data for loading css icon's but nothing i tried worked. that is unless im missing some crucial step in either the CSS config or the Cosmetic config....OR in the way im formatting the names in sc_selcharacter.pac

Well I just  succesfullyloaded Exbrawl 3 Times using CFG usb loader, .. it seems that It will do the trick, where should I put my gameconfig.txt? (to break the code limit), because CFG loader is not loading all my custom codes.. -_-

about usbloadergx.. Im not saying that it dont works, its just that I was experiencing errors using it.

i haven't needed to use gameconfig.txt for my brawl minus setup, but im sure you could just put it on the root of your sdcard. i think that's where the brawl minus people put it.



also, for anybody willing to try, i recorded a video tut on replacing the CSP. its rendering out and i will upload it when its done.

the main reason i decided to make a tut was so that maybe someone will see something that im missing.

January 05, 2014, 06:29:56 AM #475 Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 06:31:57 AM by Eternal Yoshi
Uhhh.... for some reason in Dolphin, releasing Sephiroth's NB will crash the game, but only on Pokemon Stadium 2.... why?

Sehpy and his slot are relatively bug free aside from that,and the move works fine in other stages.

January 05, 2014, 06:35:29 AM #476 Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 06:38:04 AM by Batman
I don't get the random CSS anymore at least as I know. Thanks Eternal Yoshi for the Gecko tip, and thanks for your current roster SonicBrawler. I've been wanting the clone Pit via Goku since this was announced. xD

Also, since the max characters are 50. Can someone provide me a 50 slot code? Since I'm afraid of coding it to prevent freezes I just don't want to mess up, and I might as well go all the way since I'm a horrible coder... ;__;

Thanks for that whom can provide that as well. :3

I'll make a maxed out CSS when I get enough PSAs that pique my interest enough to warrant 50 slots. Until then, I'm good with Solidus, Shadow, Simon(WIP), Cloud, Sephiroth, Roy, Gray Fox, and Sora.

January 05, 2014, 06:41:57 AM #478 Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 06:49:40 AM by Batman
Awesome! Just let us know.

Edit; Even though this invalid. I would like to say certain .rels on parent characters for some reason freeze. Only thing I see working as of now with parent characters with .rels is the Sephiroth PSA from Jrush A.K.A Yoshi.

Uhhh. This is the exception that the game barfs out when using Sephy's NB on Pokemon Stadium 2. Note that I do not have any mods on said stage except for using the stage freezer code.


46:28:299 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: Non-recoverable Exception 2
46:28:299 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: ------------------------- Context 0x804dd558 -------------------------
46:28:299 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: r0   = 0x00000000 (             0)  r16  = 0x804a9a80 (   -2142594432)
46:28:299 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: r1   = 0x805b4bf0 (   -2141500432)  r17  = 0x0000001c (            28)
46:28:299 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: r2   = 0x805a9320 (   -2141547744)  r18  = 0xe0000000 (    -536870912)
46:28:299 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: r3   = 0x00000008 (             8)  r19  = 0x815445a0 (   -2125183584)
46:28:299 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: r4   = 0x804dd558 (   -2142382760)  r20  = 0x92f9e7b2 (   -1829115982)
46:28:299 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: r5   = 0x801d6d30 (   -2145555152)  r21  = 0x805b4dc4 (   -2141499964)
46:28:300 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: r6   = 0x00000003 (             3)  r22  = 0x805b4dd0 (   -2141499952)
46:28:300 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: r7   = 0x92fa0fd0 (   -1829105712)  r23  = 0x00000000 (             0)
46:28:300 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: r8   = 0x18000000 (     402653184)  r24  = 0x804a9b10 (   -2142594288)
46:28:300 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: r9   = 0x43300000 (    1127219200)  r25  = 0xe0000240 (    -536870336)
46:28:300 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: r10  = 0xf0000000 (    -268435456)  r26  = 0x804a9aa4 (   -2142594396)
46:28:300 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: r11  = 0x805b4c60 (   -2141500320)  r27  = 0x805b4d20 (   -2141500128)
46:28:300 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: r12  = 0x80195594 (   -2145823340)  r28  = 0x805b4d14 (   -2141500140)
46:28:300 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: r13  = 0x805a4420 (   -2141567968)  r29  = 0x92fa0fc4 (   -1829105724)
46:28:300 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: r14  = 0x815020c0 (   -2125455168)  r30  = 0x92fa0fd8 (   -1829105704)
46:28:300 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: r15  = 0x00000003 (             3)  r31  = 0x19fde011 (     436068369)
46:28:300 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: LR   = 0x801947c8                   CR   = 0x48400088
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: SRR0 = 0x801d6d30                   SRR1 = 0x00001030
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]:
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: GQRs----------
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: gqr0 = 0x00000000 gqr4 = 0x00060006
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: gqr1 = 0x00000000 gqr5 = 0x00070007
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: gqr2 = 0x00040004 gqr6 = 0x05070507
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: gqr3 = 0x00050005 gqr7 = 0x08070807
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]:
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]:
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: FPRs----------
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: fr0 = 0 fr1 = 275
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: fr2 = 495 fr3 = 275
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: fr4 = 0 fr5 = 0
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: fr6 = 0 fr7 = 0
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: fr8 = 0 fr9 = 0
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: fr10 = 0 fr11 = 0
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: fr12 = 3 fr13 = 0
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: fr14 = 0 fr15 = 0
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: fr16 = 0 fr17 = 0
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: fr18 = 0 fr19 = 0
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: fr20 = 0 fr21 = 0
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: fr22 = 0 fr23 = 0
46:28:301 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: fr24 = 0 fr25 = 0
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: fr26 = 0 fr27 = 1
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: fr28 = -1 fr29 = 275
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: fr30 = 1 fr31 = 0
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]:
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]:
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: PSFs----------
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: ps0 = 0x0 ps1 = 0xffffffff
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: ps2 = 0xffffffff ps3 = 0xffffffff
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: ps4 = 0x0 ps5 = 0x0
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: ps6 = 0x0 ps7 = 0x0
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: ps8 = 0x0 ps9 = 0x0
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: ps10 = 0x0 ps11 = 0x0
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: ps12 = 0x137 ps13 = 0x0
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: ps14 = 0x0 ps15 = 0x0
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: ps16 = 0x0 ps17 = 0x0
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: ps18 = 0x0 ps19 = 0x0
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: ps20 = 0x0 ps21 = 0x0
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: ps22 = 0x0 ps23 = 0x0
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: ps24 = 0x0 ps25 = 0x0
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: ps26 = 0x0 ps27 = 0x0
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: ps28 = 0xffffffff ps29 = 0xffffffff
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: ps30 = 0x0 ps31 = 0x0
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]:
46:28:302 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: Address:      Back Chain    LR Save
46:28:303 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: 0x805b4bf0:   0x805b4c00    0x00000000
46:28:303 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: 0x805b4c00:   0x805b4c90    0x805b4c48
46:28:303 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: 0x805b4c90:   0x805b4cd0    0x801955f0
46:28:303 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: 0x805b4cd0:   0x805b4ce0    0x8019b7a8
46:28:303 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: 0x805b4ce0:   0x805b4db0    0x801a4fcc
46:28:303 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: 0x805b4db0:   0x805b4df0    0x801ae260
46:28:303 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: 0x805b4df0:   0x805b4e30    0x801b22b8
46:28:303 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: 0x805b4e30:   0x805b4e50    0x8096aa7c
46:28:303 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: 0x805b4e50:   0x805b4e60    0x809751d0
46:28:303 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: 0x805b4e60:   0x805b4ea0    0x8096f748
46:28:303 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: 0x805b4ea0:   0x805b4ed0    0x8002e618
46:28:303 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: 0x805b4ed0:   0x805b4ef0    0x80017788
46:28:303 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: 0x805b4ef0:   0x805b4fb0    0x8001735c
46:28:303 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: 0x805b4fb0:   0x805b4fd0    0x80016f78
46:28:303 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: 0x805b4fd0:   0x805b5150    0x8000c934
46:28:303 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: 0x805b5150:   0xffffffff    0x800041a4
46:28:303 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]:
46:28:304 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: DSISR = 0x40000000                   DAR  = 0x404e6577
46:28:304 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: TB = 0x005f706f176b065f
46:28:304 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]:
46:28:304 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: Instruction at 0x801d6d30 (read from SRR0) attempted to access invalid address 0x404e6577 (read from DAR)
46:28:304 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]:
46:28:304 Src\HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:284 N[OSREPORT]: Last interrupt (7): SRR0 = 0x801dcf54  TB = 0x005f706f176a7e82




Also I tested that code and the Ex characters aren't affected by that S-Cancel code for whatever reason.