The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

... Ok so how wooly of one go about find this and doing it?

Quote from: Pichi-Hime on January 06, 2014, 07:39:53 AM
... Ok so how wooly of one go about find this and doing it?

when you go to custom stages, does it boot up gecko os?

Yes. I can get everything to load except the correct character select screen

Hey Sammi-Husky you've posted 3 great tutorials so far but I can't get the CSPs to work, and I've figured it's one of two issues.

1. I am using the original disk of brawl and gecko I remember reading somewhere that some files aren't replaceable from the original disk CSPs being one of them , if so I can easily rip an ISO.
or
2. I was following your vBrawl tutorial step by step (Except I used Marth Not Lucas) and you gave him the number 91, so I did too, I followed your Cosmetic slot tutorial the same way and added 1 to each of the values (because you said you were using Cosmetic slot 90)  I tried changing Marth's ID to 90 to fix it but the menu still doesn't load at all.

Roy worked from your vBrawl tutorial but after I did the CSP stuff it stopped working. So if the official disk isn't the problem I'll just start over from scratch.

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 06, 2014, 07:23:12 AM
oh, you may need to make a folder in private/wii/app/rsbe called 'st' and copy the contents from the same directory on your project m setup to the new folder

That's what it was! Ugh, figured it would probably be something simple. Thanks. :)

Quote from: WintersAssassin on January 06, 2014, 07:45:44 AM
Hey Sammi-Husky you've posted 3 great tutorials so far but I can't get the CSPs to work, and I've figured it's one of two issues.

1. I am using the original disk of brawl and gecko I remember reading somewhere that some files aren't replaceable from the original disk CSPs being one of them , if so I can easily rip an ISO.
or
2. I was following your vBrawl tutorial step by step (Except I used Marth Not Lucas) and you gave him the number 91, so I did too, I followed your Cosmetic slot tutorial the same way and added 1 to each of the values (because you said you were using Cosmetic slot 90)  I tried changing Marth's ID to 90 to fix it but the menu still doesn't load at all.

Roy worked from your vBrawl tutorial but after I did the CSP stuff it stopped working. So if the official disk isn't the problem I'll just start over from scratch.

The CSP's tutorial is actually outdated and will be replaced soon to include CSS icons. though if you still want to get custom CSP's you will need to use a sc_selcharacter.pac that's not from the original game.

I have no idea why, but the game freaked out when i tried to load the one i ripped from my iso.

here is one that don jon bravo provided here

it has all the stuff added to it for extra csp's but they're labled 61 62 63 etc etc. you should probably delete those if you wanna get a real good understanding on how to make your own.

or you can download ASF's pack a few pages back, that will actually have roy in it with css icon, and CSP's


Quote from: ToadKart on January 06, 2014, 07:49:13 AM
That's what it was! Ugh, figured it would probably be something simple. Thanks. :)

your welcome. happy to help :)

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 06, 2014, 04:07:00 AM
did you replace the bx_fighter module with the one from the newest BrawlEx download? that should fix the mario slots.

EDIT:

ooooo look what i learned how to do :D


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Pfffft, that's so last generation.

CSS Organizer v2.0

This one's one of my older ones actually, but while it doesn't have a whole lot of polish, it does get the job done. Also, despite what it may seem, you can't actually change which icon is associated with which character using this. It also uses a rather archaic version of BrawlLib, so don't be surprised if it does anything funny.


Anyways, the main issue with adding more than 50 characters to the CSS is that only 50 of those bones actually exist. If you try to add more, there's no bone to attach them to and the Character Select Screen crashes. There may be other things that you need to add as well, but that will require a little research to find out.

Quote from: PhantomWings on January 06, 2014, 08:19:57 AM
Pfffft, that's so last generation.

CSS Organizer v2.0

This one's one of my older ones actually, but while it doesn't have a whole lot of polish, it does get the job done. Also, despite what it may seem, you can't actually change which icon is associated with which character using this. It also uses a rather archaic version of BrawlLib, so don't be surprised if it does anything funny.


Anyways, the main issue with adding more than 50 characters to the CSS is that only 50 of those bones actually exist. If you try to add more, there's no bone to attach them to and the Character Select Screen crashes. There may be other things that you need to add as well, but that will require a little research to find out.

hah, i messed around with the idea to use your CSS organizer as well. the reason i didn't tell people to use it was that it couldn't assign the slots an ID like the CSS code can. :D

im fairly confident that i will be able to figure out all the things that need to be added along with the bones.

i wish that brawlbox had the ability to add new rsar nodes, then i could experiment with adding new sounds as well, but alas, that wont be possible unless i find a manual way to add the nodes.


also, im officially a mega kitten   :af2:

Well I reviewed you tutorial and redid everything. But when I get to CSS, it freezes. Any Idea :(

Quote from: Pichi-Hime on January 06, 2014, 08:36:27 AM
Well I reviewed you tutorial and redid everything. But when I get to CSS, it freezes. Any Idea :(

If your using a stock sc_selcharacter.pac straight from the iso it will crash. It did for me at least. Try editing the one I linked in the post I replied to u with

OK, I'll try it. Thanks for helping me

Sure thing, happy to help. lemme know if that doesn't work

Is it suppose to say "Receiving Vault Data..."

Quote from: Pichi-Hime on January 06, 2014, 09:06:46 AM
Is it suppose to say "Receiving Vault Data..."

No it isn't.
I tried this on Dolphin and on instances where it works and doesn't, it simply doesn't do that if you have a more up to date version of dolphin, whether or not you have save data.

January 06, 2014, 12:04:27 PM #629 Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 12:07:23 PM by ASF1nk
For the people using my pack you need to use the bx_fighter.rel in BrawlEx v1.1.2.0 not v1.1.2.1 that's my bad.
v1.1.2.1 is only for people loading off an edited ISO. That's what was causing the Mario Icons.

Also for convenience...

Troubleshooting Freezes:

Strap screen
= Codes: check your byte counts.
Loading Screen = File size limit: Check common5.pac [~11.639MB] / info.pac [~390KB]
Entering CSS = CSS File Size limit: sc_selcharacter limit ~3.79MB.
Hovering over Icon = Missing CSPs/Bad CSPs
Selecting Character = Character.pacs File size limit [Note changing costumes by pressing Y/X also loads the character]
After selecting a stage = Missing files: Could be anything from missing .pacs or BPs for P1. Bad Module: Check you Module ID and Character ID.
In-game = Missing Battle Portraits: Easy to tell by looking which BPs didn't load when it froze[pf\info\portrite\] / PSA: A lot of PSAs in the vault are buggy and incomplete always read the Submitter notes/thread!
Result screen = Missing result screen portraits [RSPs][pf\menu\common\char_bust_tex\]

Notes: the sc_slecharacter inside common5.pac has priority over the one in Menu2. I highly suggest to only use the sc_selcharacter.pac in menu2 for the sake of editing and testing. Common5.pac gets loaded at start up and you have to restart your Wii every time you make changes. With the menu2 one you can simply take out the SD card apply your changes insert back in and refresh the CSS.

I highly recommend to ditch your old codesets until you get a good grasp of how BrawlEx works. Once you do master BrawlEx, it will be easier to implement it back into your personal codeset.

Also new cosmetics and teams are broken right now.

And that's all I can think of right now.
Skype: ASF1nk