The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

I'm using Gecko OS with an unhacked wii

January 09, 2014, 11:59:42 PM #856 Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:05:46 AM by ShinF
Quote from: Pichi-Hime on January 09, 2014, 11:49:58 PM
I'm using Gecko OS with an unhacked wii
That might be your problem. Did you make sure to add the Disable Custom Stages code to the GCT? If you're using the hackless method, you have to make sure you do that, otherwise you'll get freezes on the Stage Select Screen. ASF's pack was made for the homebrew method, so it doesn't have that code in there.

Disable Custom Stages
046B841C 48000040

You can use GCT Edit to add it in, or use ASF's code list and Code Manager to create a new GCT.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

That may have been my problem. *facepalm*

Yeah, I'd love to learn how to do this for the Alloys and independent pokémon (as well as ZSS and Sheik) too.

I know I tried to edit a sc_selcharacter.pac file before to add Red Alloy's picture in his slot, but it just replaced the Random slot, and no edited CSS with Red Alloy's original ID (not 'clone' ID from the Giga and Co. Engine) would allow me to hover over the icon without freezing.

Image is below:



Is it because of the missing large name? Or a missing stock icon? Or something else entirely?

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 09, 2014, 07:17:41 AM

sorry if you got ignored, im sure it wasn't intended lol. i would have helped, but i probably wasn't at my computer at the time :P

go ahead and upload your files. i wont be able to look at it tonight, since its almost 1 am here, but i will definitely take a look at it the first chance i get, that is if someone doesn't help you before then.

Thank you so much, here it is. Take your time. I know I seemed a tad impatient but I will gladly wait for this.

https://www.mediafire.com/?vqocb5jixq63jh8

January 10, 2014, 12:59:54 AM #860 Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 01:00:53 AM by Don Jon Bravo
Quote from: Tiberious on January 10, 2014, 12:29:35 AM
Yeah, I'd love to learn how to do this for the Alloys and independent pokémon (as well as ZSS and Sheik) too.

I know I tried to edit a sc_selcharacter.pac file before to add Red Alloy's picture in his slot, but it just replaced the Random slot, and no edited CSS with Red Alloy's original ID (not 'clone' ID from the Giga and Co. Engine) would allow me to hover over the icon without freezing.

Image is below:



Is it because of the missing large name? Or a missing stock icon? Or something else entirely?
alloys and gigas are not working because their ids are messed up
hence why u add them to the css code they dont work, even if you add an icon.
that is the whole point of the Giga and  company engine codes
to fix their ids
unfortunately that code does not work with brawlex

how are the pokemon working?

Quote from: Lito on January 10, 2014, 12:38:41 AM
Thank you so much, here it is. Take your time. I know I seemed a tad impatient but I will gladly wait for this.

https://www.mediafire.com/?vqocb5jixq63jh8

your number for the CSS that you changed to 31, should be 2B. The numbers are in hex :P that, and you should probably disable the independant pokemon engine. if you want independant pokemon slots, change the 17 16 13 to 1D 1E 1C, that should be individual pokemon slots.

before I attempt to put Louie in, does this work on Riivolution?
At All?
Professor is best Nichijou character.

Quote from: Yukko's srs faic on January 10, 2014, 01:26:15 AM
before I attempt to put Louie in, does this work on Riivolution?
At All?

i honestly dont know, others have said before that it doesn't but i haven't tested it

Hey, sammi-husky. Have you managed to resolve the crashing issue when you were experimenting with transofrmation characters?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingOfTheHillJigglypuff on January 10, 2014, 01:44:01 AM
Hey, sammi-husky. Have you managed to resolve the crashing issue when you were experimenting with transofrmation characters?

unfortunately no, i continued to try for a while after, but the only thing i can think of is that the modules for transforming chars reference each other, whereas normal ones do not. :/

though, i could still be wrong. and if i am, and there is something im missing im sure PW would tell us what the problem is.

Well I guess I will be the first to try it, then!
Professor is best Nichijou character.

Quote from: Yukko's srs faic on January 10, 2014, 01:52:58 AM
Well I guess I will be the first to try it, then!

nice, im glad some people are still experimenting with Rivo, as i know alot of people here need it.

January 10, 2014, 02:00:11 AM #868 Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 02:12:40 AM by Don Jon Bravo
Quote from: sammi-husky on January 10, 2014, 01:51:34 AM
unfortunately no, i continued to try for a while after, but the only thing i can think of is that the modules for transforming chars reference each other, whereas normal ones do not. :/

though, i could still be wrong. and if i am, and there is something im missing im sure PW would tell us what the problem is.
giga bowser uses bowser's rel


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sup, I ran into an issue while trying to clone an additional 3 characters in addition to one I did earlier.

Basically I had my first clone(Zero) working just fine(no CSPs or anything fancy, just the standard cloning), and so I added 3 more characters in. I changed the CSS code accordingly and added in all the new characters' stuff, but when I loaded the game only one CSP was right(Pikachu's for Pichu which was the last character I put in), whereas Zero and the other two characters' CSPs were Mario icons which when highlighted just acted as if i picked the default mario icon, despite me not editing Zero's stuff at all. Pichu works completely fine though so im kinda lost at this point.


Skype: mattastaticpg-13