The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Is there a way to make ASL code to work with BRawlEX?

January 15, 2014, 08:08:40 AM #1081 Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:27:30 AM by TheSuperestSmashBros
Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 15, 2014, 07:37:02 AM
1. Pretty sure You need ft_kirby.rel from the modules folder.
2. Nope
3. Use the included program to edit the FighterConfig.
4. Maybe have them use the generic soundbank 000?

for Q1.  I do have the ft_kirby.rel in and it is still freezing, does it work for you?


Edit for Q1:  Nevermind, I watched the brawlminus tutorial instead of vbrawl tutorial at first since it came out first, but now looking at the vbrawl tutorial, I see I have to change it to none for kirby in the resources section of the fighter config using the utility.


for Q3.  Do you just check the boxes of what colors you want to add in the config utility program? because I
tried that, and i still can only scroll through the regular costumes though.

for Q4.  Hmmm, where do you switch the sound bank?


Edit for Q4: I also noticed that you can switch soundbanks with the utility as well.  So Thank you for helping anyways though.

Quote from: TheSuperestSmashBros on January 15, 2014, 08:08:40 AM
for Q1.  I do have the ft_kirby.rel in and it is still freezing, does it work for you?


Edit for Q1:  Nevermind, I watched the brawlminus tutorial instead of vbrawl tutorial at first since it came out first, but now looking at the vbrawl tutorial, I see I have to change it to none for kirby in the resources section of the fighter config using the utility.


for Q3.  Do you just check the boxes of what colors you want to add in the config utility program? because I
tried that, and i still can only scroll through the regular costumes though.

for Q4.  Hmmm, where do you switch the sound bank?


Edit for Q4: I also noticed that you can switch soundbanks with the utility as well.  So Thank you for helping anyways though.

heh :P sorry bout that. i play minus almost exclusively so i ended up using that for the first tut xD glad they could help though.

for the costume stuff, look here

ASF explained it in the second half of his post :P

Quote from: sammi-husky on January 15, 2014, 08:33:10 AM
heh :P sorry bout that. i play minus almost exclusively so i ended up using that for the first tut xD glad they could help though.

for the costume stuff, look here

ASF explained it in the second half of his post :P


It's ok haha, thanks for the link on the costume stuff!!

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on January 14, 2014, 11:49:48 PM
for the alloys i think ill include all of them in one slot
fighter00-blue
fighter01-red
fighter02-yellow
etc.
im not too exited about them, but i guess they would be nice to have

Please don't, or at least leave instructions on how to make them their own slots again. Not everyone wants a unified Alloy slot.

January 15, 2014, 03:32:49 PM #1085 Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:10:39 PM by kangaroogreen
Quote from: Tiberious on January 15, 2014, 09:54:33 AM
Please don't, or at least leave instructions on how to make them their own slots again. Not everyone wants a unified Alloy slot.

I would actually. One slot would save a lot of room for other roster characters.

But the only problem is how would you make it load separate PSA files for each costume?

Edit: Oh man, and I just noticed that there's a character call of the announcer saying "Fighting Alloy Team" In the sound files already. So somebody do this now and I will love you forever..

i have a problem with the clones, on dolphin works eveything perfect but on usb loader gx it shows random icons, and yes i load it with axnextframe all the files on dolphin i also have on my sd

everything worked fine when i added a slot for roy and grayfox so i added 4-5 more slots for cloud and a few others, the css and everything works, the characters load in training mode and nothing freezes, but when i go to vs mode the match freezes after about 40 seconds to a Minute goes by. I checked my setup and everything seems fine. I'll go back and check again, in the meantime any ideas?

I've not been following this thread for a while. As far as voices, cosmetics, movesets, etc. goes: where are we currently?

Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

January 15, 2014, 10:39:24 PM #1089 Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:41:30 PM by sammi-husky
Quote from: Convour on January 15, 2014, 10:31:55 PM
I've not been following this thread for a while. As far as voices, cosmetics, movesets, etc. goes: where are we currently?

i have 2 video's now on everything for cosmetics in the playlist here :P

Cosmetic stuff

the second half of ASF's post here explains how to achieve the cbliss effect with BrawlEx.

there is a PSA repository here for BrawlEx that the community is putting together so you don't have to sift through the vaults.

voices aren't going to be possible until someone takes a look at the BrawlBox source code and figures out how to  allow us adding RSAR nodes and whatnot. blackjax posted earlier here as well saying that he commented out the failed attempts in the source here

https://code.google.com/p/brawltools2/source/browse/trunk/BrawlLib/Wii/Audio/RSARConverter.cs


Cool, glad to see we've come this far. I'm sure we'll get voices eventually. As the clone engine initially taught us, nothing's impossible :P

Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

Does anyone have a list of the soundbank offsets for the fighter configs? I'm trying to give one of my clones duon's soundbank. Duon doesn't have a fighter config but i need that offset to get this to work.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


January 15, 2014, 11:02:37 PM #1092 Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:05:31 PM by ShinF
Quote from: ShadowSnake on January 15, 2014, 10:57:26 PM
Does anyone have a list of the soundbank offsets for the fighter configs? I'm trying to give one of my clones duon's soundbank. Duon doesn't have a fighter config but i need that offset to get this to work.

I don't think there's a full list with all the bosses, but after playing around a long while back trying to get Roy's sounds working, I found that Duon's soundbank ID is 13E. His .sawnd file should be named 325.sawnd

I actually uploaded a pack of Roy files that gave him his Project M moveset and voice so someone else could have it. If you want it, it's here.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

January 16, 2014, 12:54:13 AM #1093 Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 01:37:54 AM by sammi-husky
I've prepared a txt file that outlines the each character's soundbank and corresponding Kirby soundbank. this doesn't include bosses, but im sure it will be of use to someone.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/os6gykkgvnnn7g4/Soundbank%20ID%27s.txt

:mewtwo: People are probably tired of hearing from me, but I really need a solution to my Black Screen Freeze error. I really hope the reason I haven't been answered is because nobody knows what to do. I would really hate to be ignored. For those just reading about my problem, the game goes past the strap loader, and the loading screen, but it doesn't go past the black screen before the opening cinamatic. Please, I really want to hurt people with my purple WAAAAA man.
Professor is best Nichijou character.