The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I'm also working on transforming chars :P when I get the process down to a science I'll make a video tut.

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 16, 2014, 10:41:37 PMI'm also working on transforming chars :P when I get the process down to a science I'll make a video tut.
That would make my day.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

January 16, 2014, 11:14:44 PM #1142 Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 11:57:49 PM by pikazz
okay, I need to say a thing about this "2" character per slot. yes, it is possible to have 2 slots on one character, with or without transforming.

but here comes the tricky part! if it is over an extra slot (or any otherslot), you cannot be the secondary! even if it is over Zelda it will not work cause somehow, you cant select "Sheik" from the start :/

the only thing that works 100% is using the Samus slot by holding in R to be the second character like in my video! even using her stuff for the extra slot doesnt work :/

But I havent test the Pokemon Trainer by using its stuff! it might work that way but I kinda expect same result

EDIT: Also... Its now 100% working! except for 2 glitches
Let the Swap begin! [Advanced Brawl Hack]
Stupid Tinypic :C

January 17, 2014, 12:18:02 AM #1143 Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:28:18 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
hmm
i just got an idea

what if half of the costumes are 1 character, and the other half are other character
using this method

for example 00-05 are jiggly

00-10 are Marth

that would kinda like give u 100 slots

of course we will sacrifice the other Icons...


Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on January 17, 2014, 12:18:02 AM
hmm
i just got an idea

what if half of the costumes are 1 character, and the other half are other character
using this method

for example 00-05 are jiggly

00-10 are Marth

that would kinda like give u 100 slots

of course we will sacrifice the other Icons...
the only problem with that would be to make the 6-10 to be load with the Module 40 while the 0-5 would be load with Module 3F
Stupid Tinypic :C

January 17, 2014, 12:28:50 AM #1145 Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:30:25 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
Ok in another approach
if we learn to handle the CSS slots like shiek and zelda
as when u pick to the left/right corner of the character, the cosmetics and character changes
and if we do it like the Pokemons
we would be able to have 400 characters :srs:
50*4=200

and we may not even have to temper with adding bones to the existing sc_selcharacter screen
as there will be 1 bone for 4 slots

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on January 17, 2014, 12:28:50 AM
Ok in another approach
if we learn to handle the CSS slots like shiek and zelda
as when u pick to the left/right corner of the character, the cosmetics and character changes
and if we do it like the Pokemons
we would be able to have 400 characters :srs:
50*4=200

and we may not even have to temper with adding bones to the existing sc_selcharacter screen
as there will be 1 bone for 4 slots
I believe we should aim at the pokemon trainer way, cause Zelda and Sheiks Icon is actually screwed when using the custom CSS code, Sheik is unselectable. I will give Trainer a shot if I can load 3 diffirent modules+character (with no transform between) and see if we can select any of them on the screen!
Stupid Tinypic :C

January 17, 2014, 12:36:52 AM #1147 Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:44:10 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
Quote from: pikazz on January 17, 2014, 12:33:41 AM
I believe we should aim at the pokemon trainer way, cause Zelda and Sheiks Icon is actually screwed when using the custom CSS code, Sheik is unselectable. I will give Trainer a shot if I can load 3 diffirent modules+character (with no transform between) and see if we can select any of them on the screen!
remeber
u will probably have to add cosmetics for them too
like a CSS icon
and their corresponding CSP's
it can be a temperal solution for adding more characters
though truly i would prefer a monstrous screen of slots like Mugen Lol


also if we break the pokemon trainer slot, transformation may be possible in between whatever characters are set in those files

January 17, 2014, 12:50:34 AM #1148 Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 01:40:12 AM by SpoonTheMan
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on January 17, 2014, 12:36:52 AM
i would prefer a monstrous screen of slots like Mugen Lol

I agree, well maybe not as many characters as some mugens (It's over 9000! XD). I'm not at all saying 100 isn't enough. for a good amount of time, if we can get this game to allow all 100 slots on the CSS, I think people will be satisfied.

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 16, 2014, 10:41:37 PM
I'm also working on transforming chars :P when I get the process down to a science I'll make a video tut.

That would be great, also can't wait for the cap and ganon rels. Have you figured out patching articles yet?

Quote from: pikazz on January 17, 2014, 12:33:41 AM
I believe we should aim at the pokemon trainer way, cause Zelda and Sheiks Icon is actually screwed when using the custom CSS code, Sheik is unselectable. I will give Trainer a shot if I can load 3 diffirent modules+character (with no transform between) and see if we can select any of them on the screen!

Impressive work with the transformation rels and good luck with the pokemon method!
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Once I get a new laptop charger and get back to modding the game, I will try to learn everything I can front to back about this BrawlEx mod (I'm really excited to test it) and once I fully understand it and the codes, I will try to cook up a mod that includes that, cBliss and the Melee/64 Expansion mod if that's ok with everyone including PhantomWings and the creators of the cBliss and Melee/64 Expansion mods.

Quote from: MrUnusual on January 17, 2014, 03:05:48 AM
Once I get a new laptop charger and get back to modding the game, I will try to learn everything I can front to back about this BrawlEx mod (I'm really excited to test it) and once I fully understand it and the codes, I will try to cook up a mod that includes that, cBliss and the Melee/64 Expansion mod if that's ok with everyone including PhantomWings and the creators of the cBliss and Melee/64 Expansion mods.
cBliss ain't compatible. Just saiyan.

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on January 17, 2014, 03:39:02 AM
cBliss ain't compatible. Just saiyan.

Of course, we don't need it since we can expand the number of costumes a character has anyways through editing Fighter and Cosmetic Config files.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on January 17, 2014, 03:40:24 AM
Of course, we don't need it since we can expand the number of costumes a character has anyways through editing Fighter and Cosmetic Config files.

^ this

I believe some characters like ganon who have gaps between csp/bp IDs can have 0-12 costumes. I haven't tested that yet but it should work and PW programmed that in for a reason.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Quote from: ShadowSnake on January 17, 2014, 03:52:19 AM
^ this

I believe some characters like ganon who have gaps between csp/bp IDs can have 0-12 costumes. I haven't tested that yet but it should work and PW programmed that in for a reason.

That would be awesome.

We should make some stock files to max out the costumes for every character. I haven't expanded anyone myself yet, but I'm going to look over the tutorial again and try it.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!