The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 17, 2014, 04:43:23 AM #1155 Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 04:47:00 AM by MrUnusual
Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on January 17, 2014, 03:39:02 AMcBliss ain't compatible. Just saiyan.

I'm not so sure about that, I was told that cBliss and the Melee/64 Expansion mod could not work together, but I said otherwise and made it happen, so who knows. Anything is possible in video game modding

Quote from: ShinF on January 17, 2014, 03:39:02 AMOf course, we don't need it since we can expand the number of costumes a character has anyways through editing Fighter and Cosmetic Config files.

True, I guess I would use if for giving each characters (ExClones included obviously) 4 alternate colors and 5 alternate outfits

Quote from: ShadowSnake on January 17, 2014, 03:52:19 AM^ this I believe some characters like ganon who have gaps between csp/bp IDs can have 0-12 costumes. I haven't tested that yet but it should work and PW programmed that in for a reason.

I don't see why it wouldn't work :)

Post Merge: January 17, 2014, 04:46:59 AM

Quote from: ShinF on January 17, 2014, 04:36:28 AMThat would be awesome. We should make some stock files to max out the costumes for every character. I haven't expanded anyone myself yet, but I'm going to look over the tutorial again and try it.

That's exactly wat I want to do, that's why I wanted to make the cBliss mod compatable, more outfits :D and then the Melee/64 Stage Expansion mod to play every Smash Bros. Stage in History :)

Whoops. I started looking at the tutorial and realized I made a mistake - it's not the Cosmetic Config file that's used to change the costumes, it's the CSSSlot config. Still, really easy to do.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

January 17, 2014, 05:30:54 AM #1157 Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 05:39:19 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
@mr.unusual

i posted this a while ago

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on January 05, 2014, 09:44:52 AM
Brawl Ex Cbliss Fusion
^^both of those characters are clones

just copy wario's bottom cosmetics lines except for 10, 0A and 0B
make sure to keep 0C because that closes the loop
u may have to move 0C so its next in order after the last digits of costumes
u also need to edit the fighter config file to load more charaters
00-09

ganon, sonic and wolf can get 12 characters as oppose to 10 because of the csp gaps

Whelp...there it goes, I've lost my internet connection. Sorry in advance for people whose SD card I was supposed to look at. For now I'm using verizon data..

Pikazz, would you mind sharing the process on how you did it?  i've been experimenting with it, by borrowing some of the techniques in your special throws tutorial, but when I try to open the module again AFTER I'm done, module editor 2 it gives me An index is out of bounds of the array error. It would be great if you could share the process :)

Jesus. Typing on my phone is terrible....

Quote from: ShinF on January 17, 2014, 04:36:28 AM
That would be awesome.

We should make some stock files to max out the costumes for every character. I haven't expanded anyone myself yet, but I'm going to look over the tutorial again and try it.

I would like to add that I'm all for this.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

January 17, 2014, 06:08:24 AM #1160 Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:19:05 AM by MrUnusual
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on January 17, 2014, 05:30:54 AM
@mr.unusual

i posted this a while ago
^^both of those characters are clones

just copy wario's bottom cosmetics lines except for 10, 0A and 0B
make sure to keep 0C because that closes the loop
u may have to move 0C so its next in order after the last digits of costumes
u also need to edit the fighter config file to load more charaters
00-09

ganon, sonic and wolf can get 12 characters as oppose to 10 because of the csp gaps

And this is why I gotta do my research and learn this thing like the back of my hand lol. I'm kind of a n00b at the coding and hexidecimal parts lol I don't understand a lot of what you said except for the lat part with Gannon sonic and wolf being able to have 12 slots, but once I finally learn all that, I'm sure it won't be hard :)

Ganon REL. Ganon REL. Ganon REL.

X3
Sorry, I had to say it.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Mugenwii. Can you explain what you mean by "just copy wario's bottom cosmetics lines except for 10, 0A and 0B"

Here's Wario's CSS slot DAT. I just wanna know how to copy this.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]



January 17, 2014, 06:49:46 AM #1164 Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 06:51:01 AM by Lillith
@Segtendo~ I don't see why he mentioned a 10, I don't see any 10. But I think he meant something like this~

05000001 02050302 08040103 02060007
01090308 0C000000 00000000 00000000

Just copy those two lines and replace the two last lines of whichever character you're doing this for.
Although I may be wrong, so you should probably keep a backup handy. If you need me to illustrate further I'll try and grab some screenshots, although I haven't tested this yet.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 17, 2014, 05:53:01 AM
Pikazz, would you mind sharing the process on how you did it?  i've been experimenting with it, by borrowing some of the techniques in your special throws tutorial, but when I try to open the module again AFTER I'm done, module editor 2 it gives me An index is out of bounds of the array error. It would be great if you could share the process :)
sure, but you probely already know everything! a new <fighter>.[3][15], update the offset that leads to the Method in <fighter>.[2][2] and giving <fighter>.[17][26] the right information! it might be something more I missed about not making the character teleport to the middle of the stage!

and I also get that error as soon I resize the Section1 so you are on your own xD my both transforming character cant be open in Module Editor 2 either!
Stupid Tinypic :C


Quote from: AxemBlue on January 17, 2014, 05:15:28 PM
Would this work with a custom layout CSS like this? http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28771
good questing
i was thinking about the same if the clone engine works with custom CSS menus that is made with this tool here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=21743 (as that CSS menu is made with)
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

As long as all of the slots are arranged properly in it (and not just the ones that are shown in the images), then I don't see any reason that it shouldn't work.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

OK, stupid question coming through. If you were to delete ASF's cloned characters and replace them with you own, like you didn't even use the same base chracter, and you replaced BPs, CSPs, RSPs, Franchhise Icons, and such. Would they work fine or would they show the original character. The reason for asking is because the CSP tutorial confused me, but thats beside the point.  :)