The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 18, 2014, 03:33:01 PM #1200 Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 03:39:07 PM by SpoonTheMan
Quote from: Riddler on January 18, 2014, 02:58:02 PM
Now that the holy grail has been found, there is only so much more that can be done for Brawl to be perfect.  like geno

And blood & gore (for the more extreme gamers :D), I guess this video is a start as an example, add all limbs being dismemberable and better effects to the concept (along with maybe various versions with more/less blood & gore): Smash Bros. Brawl EXTREME VIOLENCE (Bootleg)

and making BRAWLEX compatible with Dantarion alternate stage loader..................................

I'm not sure if this has already been answered, but is it possible to have two cloned characters? I want to have kid buu and mewtwo for lucario, while still having Lucario as an option.

Quote from: DentDex on January 18, 2014, 04:10:55 PM
I'm not sure if this has already been answered, but is it possible to have two cloned characters? I want to have kid buu and mewtwo for lucario, while still having Lucario as an option.

You can clone them as many times as you want.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on January 18, 2014, 04:20:39 PM
You can clone them as many times as you want.
Oh, okay. Well do you mind telling me what I would need to rename the module file? I know that for kid buu i just renamed it "fitlucarioex.rel" and it works fine. But I dont know how to do mewtwo over lucario because I can't have two modules named "fitlucarioex.rel".

Quote from: DentDex on January 18, 2014, 04:24:25 PM
Oh, okay. Well do you mind telling me what I would need to rename the module file? I know that for kid buu i just renamed it "fitlucarioex.rel" and it works fine. But I dont know how to do mewtwo over lucario because I can't have two modules named "fitlucarioex.rel".

When setting up the Fighter Config and naming them, you don't have to use LucarioEx. You can name it anything as long as it doesn't have spaces or special characters, so entering Mewtwo or KidBuu and having ft_mewtwo.rel or ft_kidbuu.rel would work.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on January 18, 2014, 04:26:45 PM
When setting up the Fighter Config and naming them, you don't have to use LucarioEx. You can name it anything as long as it doesn't have spaces or special characters, so entering Mewtwo or KidBuu and having ft_mewtwo.rel or ft_kidbuu.rel would work.
Hmm, well i just tried that. I'm able to pick all three lucario characters on the css, and no freezing. When i pick the third one( for mewtwo) and go to the sss I pick a stage, but when I pick a stage it doesnt load, it just stays on the picked stage as if its taking forever to load.

Did you make sure to make a Mewtwo folder in fighter and put all of his PSA files in there? Don't forget that you'll need FitMewtwo.pac, FitMewtwoMotionEtc.pac, FitMewtwoFinal, FitMewtwoDark, FitMewtwoSpy, and all of his costume files.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

I downloaded asfl1nk's pack and replaced the module he said to replace, but it doesn't work. All of the extra icons are "random" and the second I move the pointer, it freezes. I'm on riivolution for what that's worth. Oh well, I shouldn't be spending time on this right now anyway, I have so much to do.


Quote from: ShinF on January 18, 2014, 04:40:16 PM
Did you make sure to make a Mewtwo folder in fighter and put all of his PSA files in there? Don't forget that you'll need FitMewtwo.pac, FitMewtwoMotionEtc.pac, FitMewtwoFinal, FitMewtwoDark, FitMewtwoSpy, and all of his costume files.
I got it to work! Thanks man!

OK, at this point I have absolutely NO IDEA at what's wrong, but I'm so close to giving up. I tried both riivolution AND gecko to clone Mario, and every single time all I got was a second random slot that froze the game. I checked to make sure the core files were there, I redid the whole creation, there's not a single step I overlooked or missed. Is BrawlEx just refusing to load? Do I need some new code that allows BrawlEx to load?

Quote from: Mariohuge9001 on January 18, 2014, 06:10:47 PM
OK, at this point I have absolutely NO IDEA at what's wrong, but I'm so close to giving up. I tried both riivolution AND gecko to clone Mario, and every single time all I got was a second random slot that froze the game. I checked to make sure the core files were there, I redid the whole creation, there's not a single step I overlooked or missed. Is BrawlEx just refusing to load? Do I need some new code that allows BrawlEx to load?

When loading through Gecko, did you go into the config and change the hook type to Axnextframe? A lot of people forget to do that and end up with the freezing random icons.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on January 18, 2014, 06:14:48 PM
When loading through Gecko, did you go into the config and change the hook type to Axnextframe? A lot of people forget to do that and end up with the freezing random icons.
Yep, and it still didn't work. I have no idea what's going wrong. Just so you guys know, on riivo I only used the CSS code and on gecko I used file replacement and CSS code. I didn't use any others.

Quote from: Mariohuge9001 on January 18, 2014, 06:19:11 PM
Yep, and it still didn't work. I have no idea what's going wrong. Just so you guys know, on riivo I only used the CSS code and on gecko I used file replacement and CSS code. I didn't use any others.

No one has gotten it to work properly on Riivo, yet. As for Gecko, you are using the correct File Replacement code, right? 3.5.1b

Actually, I have a better question: Have you tried using ASF1nk's pack?

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on January 18, 2014, 06:21:55 PM
No one has gotten it to work properly on Riivo, yet. As for Gecko, you are using the correct File Replacement code, right? 3.5.1b

Actually, I have a better question: Have you tried using ASF1nk's pack?
Yes, I'm using the correct file replacement code, but I haven't heard of this pack. I'm gonna check it out, then get back to this and say if it helped me out.