The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

I just wanna say that this is amazing! The clone engine works perfectly, Sammi's tutorials made it beyond easy! Even got their own portraits and icons working! Once individual sound/graphic effects and announcer calls have been mastered this will be perfect! Even without them I'm having a great time with these clones!
With my desktop out of commission I am on hiatus until further notice.
But I'm still playing plenty of Hyrule Warriors & Smash 3DS!
NNID: WarioMANX | 3DS FC: 4596-9459-1042
(I'll accept any NNID add, but PM me your 3DS FC if you add my 3DS)
Quote from: WarioMANX on May 02, 2014, 07:33:43 PM
Best color, most stars, and least amount of power. The good life.

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 21, 2014, 12:14:41 AM
hey yall, here's the proof of concept code for someone who wants to test it.

Experimental BX expansion
215d7650 00CCFFFF
055d7650 00000053
E0000000 80008000
205ba484 00000020
055d7650 00000000
E0000000 80008000

and here is the CSS code. its modified from ASF's pack with 5 more slots added, and a 51'st slot. so 1 more then the CSS allows. the ID for the 51'st slot is 53.


BrawlExCustom CSS V3 [spunit262]
0668310C 00000030
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800014 94A30004
3B7B0001 2C1B0032
4180FFE8 48000038
04690338 48000068
066900D8 00000008
2C170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 00000033
00010203 06070811
12091A0E 1716131B
21260D05 14101F25
200B270C 15242218
0A23193F 40414243
44454647 48495051
52295300 00000000


just make a new clone like normal, but make it for ID 53. Then hover over mario and move the C-stick all the way in any direction. the CSP should change to whatever CSP the clone woulda had. to set it back to mario, press the shield button

when i'm done with it, it will NOT be over mario's slot. and it will be able to scroll back and forth between a large amount of clones, instead of just to 1 slot.

Going to test this out right now, thanks you so much for all your hard work on this.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


The buttons To move the screen (if i can ever get that to work) would actually be shield. which is universal to all the controllers :P

i still dunno how imma make the camera thing work. i've been mainly focused on expanding the character roster before making them all fit. :P but if i can't figure out how to modify the asm that controls the css slots, then idk if the whole extra page thing will work. I KNOW its possible, i just have no knowledge on how to go about it. just the concept :/

I haven't tested the code on a wii as i haven't had time, and it was mainly a proof of the concept. but im sure it should work :O

Just wanted to leave a comment to say I got ASF's pack working with all the regular costumes expanded to 10 slots and with all the custom stages working.
Was a lot easier than I expected, the only hurdle I had was with sc_selcharacter's filesize doing over the limit, and I solved that by just halving the sizes of my csps like with conserving space for the sss. Makes some of em look kinda [censored]tier, but it works.
Also the Shadow moveset included in ASF's pack conflicts with Sonic's regular moveset. If Sonic's graphic articles are loaded first then when Shadow does one of his taunts it causes one of Sonic's runtraces to get stuck on him, and I believe it will eventually crash it if you screw around enough after.
Pretty sweet that it's all finally made it so far, never really thought a character roster expansion like this would ever exist. Awesome work PW and everyone else involved!

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 21, 2014, 02:17:31 AM
The buttons To move the screen (if i can ever get that to work) would actually be shield. which is universal to all the controllers :P

i still dunno how imma make the camera thing work. i've been mainly focused on expanding the character roster before making them all fit. :P but if i can't figure out how to modify the asm that controls the css slots, then idk if the whole extra page thing will work. I KNOW its possible, i just have no knowledge on how to go about it. just the concept :/

I haven't tested the code on a wii as i haven't had time, and it was mainly a proof of the concept. but im sure it should work :O

Hey, Sam, by chance are you going to actually make a code that uses one screen but shrinks the icons down further? I think some people might like that too, especially if it's easier. (Not that I understand this enough to make such an assumption).
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Can I use this with the classic controller sammi?

I can't test now gotta do homework and sleep for school...I'll be trying after school for sure though.

January 21, 2014, 03:46:15 AM #1356 Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:49:02 AM by Doqtor Kirby Ex
Enjoying the clone engine. :D ...... until Mewtwo silent freezed at the Results Screen when I cloned him. Dunno what I did (or didn't do). RSPs are there, franchise icon is vanilla Pokemon (id 07), so what did I mess up on? Oddly this only happens to Mewtwo and Mewtwo only.

In other news, I got announcer calls working!

I guess it could have something to do with the PSA you used. That, or you set his result data to 'Single'
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Entry, Result, and Final are set to None, so that can't be it...
Unless Lucario PSAs require Result data....... nah.

Classic controller? Uhm..idk. does it have two analog sticks? @.@ idk Cuz I dont own one.

As for the CSS icons being smaller. I would still need to find a way to tell the game to generate another icon slot :/

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 21, 2014, 03:55:13 AM
Classic controller? Uhm..idk. does it have two analog sticks? @.@ idk Cuz I dont own one.

As for the CSS icons being smaller. I would still need to find a way to tell the game to generate another icon slot :/
Classic Controllers do have two analogue sticks.


I'm kind of confused now.
Can you make a video tutorial please?

Yeah, I'm kinda dumb in some things :P
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

January 21, 2014, 04:06:49 AM #1363 Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 04:07:46 AM by ShadowSnake
Hmm... it doesn't seem to be working for me, it just loads mario and my new cosmetics don't show up when i tilt the C stick. Has anyone had it work on wii yet? I added the new code, replaced my css code with the new one and i added the module set to 53 on section 8, the new character files and the config files but it isn't working for some reason. I am using a wireless Gamecube controller btw.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on January 21, 2014, 04:05:36 AM
@sammy
29 needs to be the last id in the CSS code
always

Not if you want the Random Icon to go away. :3
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.