The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Yes.

Post Merge: January 20, 2014, 08:08:13 PM

Quote from: Riddler on January 20, 2014, 07:42:16 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mt2e81w2d724jd7/RiddlersSetup.zip
If anyone wants to take a look at this to tell me where I [censored]ed up, I'd appreciate it.
I'll try that hook thing now.

Edit: there is no hook thing
Take a look for me.


January 20, 2014, 08:16:36 PM #1336 Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:21:14 PM by Carnage
Quote from: Riddler on January 20, 2014, 08:07:31 PM
Yes.

Post Merge: January 20, 2014, 08:08:13 PM
Take a look for me.
your rsbe01 isnt even on gct its just on text...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


try this
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h1l13wv1406lapa/RSBE01.gct

when you try to open it on the notepad you cant see text this is a GCT, just naming something.gct  doesnt make it a gct file
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 20, 2014, 05:59:06 PM
Well, seems everyones been busy. While working on the workaround code (with no internet), which is realy hard, I seem to have stumbled across a way to have virtually infinite clones....well..virtualy beacause I THINK it would be more then 100...and I can't really put my finger on a limit..

Anyways, you could have as many clones as you can fit in the css code. (Idk if there's a limit to that?)
I'll upload a simple code later for proof of concept :P hopefully I can make a working engine out of it.

------------------------------
As the For the kirby hats, it would be as simple as adding a new animation and attack to the psa and code it so that it matches the other hats. Wouldn't work with articles without a lot (A LOT) of work.

Possibly infinite clones? That would be incredible. Can't wait for that test code.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Alright. Making progress. Before seeing Carnage's link, I tried doing it myself. Now I get a bunch of "Random" icons and the game freezes when I move the cursor.

Gonna try his file now. Does this go in "Codes" AND in the pf folder? I assumed it's supposed to be in pf because that's where asf1nk had it.


Quote from: Riddler on January 20, 2014, 08:29:45 PM
Alright. Making progress. Before seeing Carnage's link, I tried doing it myself. Now I get a bunch of "Random" icons and the game freezes when I move the cursor.

Gonna try his file now. Does this go in "Codes" AND in the pf folder? I assumed it's supposed to be in pf because that's where asf1nk had it.
nope he putted it there because he tough everyone should know it goes into codes xD but you added a code that afslink didnt have the sdhc code expansion im not sure if that will give you problems im using asflink and  i dont have that code so im not sure how it affects everything
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Whelp. Your code file does the same thing. I get to the CSS and all of the new icons are "RANDOM" and the game freezes when I move toward them.


Quote from: Riddler on January 20, 2014, 08:35:38 PM
Whelp. Your code file does the same thing. I get to the CSS and all of the new icons are "RANDOM" and the game freezes when I move toward them.
make sure the hook is still the anexsomething that happened to me
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: ShadowSnake on January 20, 2014, 08:23:12 PM
Possibly infinite clones? That would be incredible. Can't wait for that test code.

woulda had it up already, but me being a dummy forgot to take it with me to work (where i have interwebs) so i'll use my data on my lunch break. The code isn't finished. the actual engine code is all just laid out in my head. im not experienced enough with codes to make it fully functional YET. but im doing my research and it should be done soon.

The proof of concept is what i'll post. basically, if you have dolphin you can find the addresses where the CSS slots are stored, make a 51'st ID in the css code AFTER THE RANDOM and make a clone for that slot..then go to the adress in memory and change like, mario's, to the ID of the one u added. you'll see that the CSP changed to that of the clones.

29 has to be the last one that physically shows up on the css in the css code.

i would give you that address for the CSS table, but its in my notes at home.

:roy: A warning for anyone new here, if you set your sc_selcharacter to ExtendedLZ77, it will not open with CSS organizer. reset the sc_selcharacter.pac to LZ77, edit it, then revert it to Extended LZ77
Professor is best Nichijou character.

just wondering is there any more brawlex modules other than the ones PW included on the 1.2 version? just incase i missed someone
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

MK and Jiggly
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65218.0
They can be found in the spoilers below them.

This also has a list of psa's of characters that can be cloned as of now.

hey yall, here's the proof of concept code for someone who wants to test it.

Experimental BX expansion
215d7650 00CCFFFF
055d7650 00000053
E0000000 80008000
205ba484 00000020
055d7650 00000000
E0000000 80008000

and here is the CSS code. its modified from ASF's pack with 5 more slots added, and a 51'st slot. so 1 more then the CSS allows. the ID for the 51'st slot is 53.


BrawlExCustom CSS V3 [spunit262]
0668310C 00000030
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800014 94A30004
3B7B0001 2C1B0032
4180FFE8 48000038
04690338 48000068
066900D8 00000008
2C170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 00000033
00010203 06070811
12091A0E 1716131B
21260D05 14101F25
200B270C 15242218
0A23193F 40414243
44454647 48495051
52295300 00000000


just make a new clone like normal, but make it for ID 53. Then hover over mario and move the C-stick all the way in any direction. the CSP should change to whatever CSP the clone woulda had. to set it back to mario, press the shield button

when i'm done with it, it will NOT be over mario's slot. and it will be able to scroll back and forth between a large amount of clones, instead of just to 1 slot.

January 21, 2014, 12:31:32 AM #1349 Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 01:49:13 AM by SpoonTheMan
Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 21, 2014, 12:14:41 AM
just make a new clone like normal, but make it for ID 53. Then hover over mario and move the C-stick all the way in any direction. the CSP should change to whatever CSP the clone woulda had. to set it back to mario, press the shield button

when i'm done with it, it will NOT be over mario's slot. and it will be able to scroll back and forth between a large amount of clones, instead of just to 1 slot.

I think I can kinda picture what you're goal is with this, basically it's like having an off-screen part of the css that the camera can move to, but where other players can choose any other character simultaneously like they should be able to? If so, then that may just be "what the doctor ordered"  :) Also, is there any chance that camera stuff might be able to be made to work with the wii remote/ wii remote & nunchuck?  ;D because I for whatever reason prefer the wii remote-nunchuck combo for this game rather than the gamecube controller. If it's not possible to fix that, than I'll probably just try to accustom myself with GC controllers on this game and buy a couple more (or some Classic Controllers) for when I have 4 players.