The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

January 21, 2014, 08:20:19 PM #1380 Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 08:57:30 PM by Not Kratos
Quote from: Carnage on January 21, 2014, 08:10:14 PM
i have 9 clones with all the cosmetic stuff, just make sure you start adding stuff in cmpr
That's what I've been doing. When I added all of my stuff, it totaled 3.86 MB. I started reencoding the default portraits to CMPR, but the filesize wouldn't go down.


Quote from: Not Kratos on January 21, 2014, 08:20:19 PM
That's what I've been doing. When I added all of my stuff, it totaled 3.86 MB. I started reencoding the default portraits to CMPR, but the filesize wouldn't go down.


Did you make sure the sc-selcharacter.pac was compressed to LZ77 Extended. You save 0.20mb which is what you need right now

Quote from: The Professor on January 21, 2014, 07:50:16 PM
:ylink:
From what I had heard, common5 fixes strap screen freezes.

I'm not using info2 .pacs because of that. Is that really the best method?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Yes. Both files are compressed to LZ77 Extended. (By the way, the larger file only has CSPs for 3 clones)

Also is there a way to keep effects from say lucario and mewtwo from messing with eachother? Or is that not yet possible?
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Not Kratos on January 21, 2014, 09:05:44 PM
Yes. Both files are compressed to LZ77 Extended. (By the way, the larger file only has CSPs for 3 clones)
I would just make sure all CSPs are CMPR. That it LZ77 Extended. Make sure your CSS icons are also all CMPR. I did all that and my file size drop from 3.78 to 3.21mb. I have 10 clone slots with 3.53mb in my file. No problem. I even have names and stock icons. Just  double check everything. If you want send it to me and I'll look at the problem and see if I can find one.

Oopsies. The top line of the code I posted early was wrong.

Change the top line from the experimental BX expansion  code to 205B75D8 00CCFFFF

Then it should actually switch it :P

On and if u do have 2 analogs on classic controller it should work too

January 21, 2014, 09:29:48 PM #1387 Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 09:44:51 PM by ShadowSnake
Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 21, 2014, 09:17:42 PM
Oopsies. The top line of the code I posted early was wrong.

Change the top line from the experimental BX expansion  code to 205B75D8 00CCFFFF

Then it should actually switch it :P

On and if u do have 2 analogs on classic controller it should work too

I think it worked this time! It froze when i tilted the c stick but i didn't add any cosmetic files for it yet and it was probably supposed to, i will test it with cosmetics soon.

EDIT: I added cosmetics and it worked! The CSP switched to Dr. Mario, the css icon and name didn't but it probably didn't work because it's named menselchrchrface.122 and there is a few gaps between my last css icon named menselchrchrface.118. It's an easy fix but it's great to know that it works! I am excited to be able to add more.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Quote from: Nebulon on January 21, 2014, 09:04:58 PM
I'm not using info2 .pacs because of that. Is that really the best method?
:drmario:
I dunno, I'm not using Info.pac at all. or info2.
Professor is best Nichijou character.

hey sammyhusky, can you do what you did expanding EXbrawl roster, but with the stage expansion code?

I'm using BrawlEx on WBFS, but I ran into a problem.

As it stands, I'm trying to clone Marth to put Sephiroth over, but I'm stuck at the "Extra CSS loading as Mario" problem.

The files are named with the number 3F, the folders are in SD:private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/BrawlEx and named as they are in the folder.

bx_fighter.rel and ft_kirby.rel are in the module folder and the BrawlEx's common2.pac is in the system folder.

All files mentioned above are from the DVD/WBFS version of the BrawlEx folder.

I'm using this on Brawl Minus Max. (Giga & Company fix code is turned off)

I'm a bit stuck at the moment and have no idea on how to move forward with this. any help at all is greatly appreciated. =)

Quote from: OmegaS3 on January 21, 2014, 09:12:01 PM
I would just make sure all CSPs are CMPR. That it LZ77 Extended. Make sure your CSS icons are also all CMPR. I did all that and my file size drop from 3.78 to 3.21mb. I have 10 clone slots with 3.53mb in my file. No problem. I even have names and stock icons. Just  double check everything. If you want send it to me and I'll look at the problem and see if I can find one.
Did all of this, and saved, file size stayed the same. Did a file save as, decreased file size for both. I guess it'll finally work now.

Quote from: Not Kratos on January 21, 2014, 10:20:43 PM
Did all of this, and saved, file size stayed the same. Did a file save as, decreased file size for both. I guess it'll finally work now.
Glad to have helped. I always save as... i never save over my file I'm working on. I thought everyone did what I did.

Also, when I run BrawlEx by disc, it works fine, all colors work too. However, trying to go to team battle freezes the game. Is that normal?

Quote from: JPW62490 on January 21, 2014, 10:35:35 PM
Also, when I run BrawlEx by disc, it works fine, all colors work too. However, trying to go to team battle freezes the game. Is that normal?
Yeah, teams freezing is a normal thing here.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!