The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on January 22, 2014, 02:45:42 AM
its a work in progress
remember guys that this needs IE's sound code, as it modifies parts of its values.
1.  NOpe.  It loads "Alternate" versions of the Sawnd files, saves going into the tedious work of breaking the brsar.
2.  Also if you do it right, you can have 2 wolf characters in the same match with their respective sfx, i didnt do it because im using dolphin, and its hell to clear cache when trying these type of codes.  Not to mention that i dont have a second controller setup on the computer so you can hear the different taunt sounds
So does that mean M2 gets his laugh taunt back? :af2:



Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on January 22, 2014, 02:24:21 AM
Alternate Sound Loader By Mr.MW


So you changed some of the functionality, now wolf vs vegeta is possible! Thanks for this, it seems like new workarounds and glitch fixes are being found every day.
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on January 22, 2014, 02:45:42 AM
its a work in progress
remember guys that this needs IE's sound code, as it modifies parts of its values.
1.  NOpe.  It loads "Alternate" versions of the Sawnd files, saves going into the tedious work of breaking the brsar.
2.  Also if you do it right, you can have 2 wolf characters in the same match with their respective sfx, i didnt do it because im using dolphin, and its hell to clear cache when trying these type of codes.  Not to mention that i dont have a second controller setup on the computer so you can hear the different taunt sounds

I don't mean accessing the same file. One more question about it: is there a way this might become capable of automatically loading the data like it would if you made a permanent modification?

Quote from: SpoonTheMan on January 22, 2014, 03:09:21 AM
I don't mean accessing the same file. One more question about it: is there a way this might become capable of automatically loading the data like it would if you made a permanent modification?
yes
that is what we all want
including myself
it would need a lot of ASM work though, but its very possible

Welp, it's me again. I'm having some trouble, but thankfully nothing too game-breaking. Once I reached the end of the first line of the CSS code, where one starting out would put 3F in front of 29, I decided to add another line. Basically, these are my last two lines of the custom CSS code:
0A23193F 40414243
44454647 48290000
I don't know what happened, but once I added that second line, I gained four new weird CSS portraits in front of Random. Two Mario portraits, a ZSS portrait, and a Captain Falcon portrait. The Mario and Captain Falcon portraits are those copy portraits-the ones where if you scroll over them, the marker jumps to the original portrait. I know as a fact that it's not a different code that's causing this, for all the codes I currently have on were codes I used before this started happening. My portrait count is 34. Any help is appreciated.
I figure I just have to add a few more characters, but I'm still waiting on a luigi REL until I do so.

Since nobody else has bothered to test out sammi's code, i can confirm that it does work, cosmetics included. I put Dr. Mario over the 51st slot and all the cosmetics load except for the css icon, which just remains mario for some reason. (Could be my fault though.)
I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.


January 22, 2014, 03:25:43 AM #1418 Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 03:29:43 AM by Doqtor Kirby Ex
Anyone got a spare FitLucarioResult.pac I could get from them? That might fix my Mewtwo problem. (even though I have result disabled)

Dropbox pls.

Quote from: ShadowSnake on January 22, 2014, 03:25:18 AM
Since nobody else has bothered to test out sammi's code, i can confirm that it does work, cosmetics included. I put Dr. Mario over the 51st slot and all the cosmetics load except for the css icon, which just remains mario for some reason. (Could be my fault though.)
hmm
interesting
i guess this method eliminates having to go through the trouble of adding extra bones to the CSS, but than again u dont have extra icons
it sounds like an awesome feature nevertheless
im just waiting for any developments...

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby Ex on January 22, 2014, 03:25:43 AM
Anyone got a spare FitLucarioResult.pac I could get from them? That might fix my Mewtwo problem. (even though I have result disabled)

Dropbox pls.
...Lucario doesn't have a result file.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

January 22, 2014, 03:36:12 AM #1421 Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 03:39:17 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
Quote from: Mariohuge9001 on January 22, 2014, 03:22:20 AM
Welp, it's me again. I'm having some trouble, but thankfully nothing too game-breaking. Once I reached the end of the first line of the CSS code, where one starting out would put 3F in front of 29, I decided to add another line. Basically, these are my last two lines of the custom CSS code:
0A23193F 40414243
44454647 48290000
I don't know what happened, but once I added that second line, I gained four new weird CSS portraits in front of Random. Two Mario portraits, a ZSS portrait, and a Captain Falcon portrait. The Mario and Captain Falcon portraits are those copy portraits-the ones where if you scroll over them, the marker jumps to the original portrait. I know as a fact that it's not a different code that's causing this, for all the codes I currently have on were codes I used before this started happening. My portrait count is 34. Any help is appreciated.
I figure I just have to add a few more characters, but I'm still waiting on a luigi REL until I do so.
ur portrait count should be 2d

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby Ex on January 22, 2014, 03:25:43 AM
Anyone got a spare FitLucarioResult.pac I could get from them? That might fix my Mewtwo problem. (even though I have result disabled)

Dropbox pls.
Well, seeing as how those don't exist, I doubt that's the problem. Does it crash when Mewtwo wins a match, or just in general? If it's only when he wins, then it could be a problem with the announcer call for him.

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on January 22, 2014, 03:36:12 AM
ur portrait cound should be 2d

Agh, I keep forgetting about the whole hex thing! Alright, thanks for the help.

January 22, 2014, 03:38:53 AM #1423 Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 03:42:17 AM by shadowXtreme
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on January 22, 2014, 02:24:21 AM
Alternate Sound Loader By Mr.MW


And here are the codes

+$alternate sound loader by Mr.MW
284DE4B0 00000C80
045A7D30 2F736678
CC000000 00000001
045A7D30 2F736632
E0000000 80008000
284F7880 00001800
045A7D30 2F736678
CC000000 00000001
045A7D30 2F736632
E0000000 80008000


This code is activated by button combinations that are never used in gameplay:
Wiimote/Wiimote+nunchuck use "-" + "A"
Gamecube controller use "X" + "Y"

Make a folder named sf2 inside your pf folder


Place your sawnd files for your clones in it
They need to be named as normal

So before u choose ur clone, activate the code.  YOur clone's sfx directory will than be swapped to sf2 loading files from there.

To play sfx from one folder vs the second one, example Wolf vs Vegeta,
choose Wolf first
go to stage selection screen
go back to Character Selection Screen
Do not unchoose Wolf(this makes it so that Wolf already loaded sfx from the first folder)
Now activate code
Choose Vegeta
go to stage
and finally to game
You should now have Wolf with his normal sfx, vs Vegeta with sfx from sf2.

Dolphin Users, you need to do a lot of clear caching when fighting same based characters.}..

Question 1

Will this work alongside FPC 3.5.3b?

Question 2.-  

Does this code have the same functionality than FPC 3.5.3b (it works I can swap between Exbrawl chars with no problem but..)? because if it have it, then it cant load wolf and vegeta soundbanks at the same time, because FPC 3.5.3b cant, it will load vegeta, or wolf SFX, no mather if one is a clone character and the other is the original

Question 3.-

Can you do a code like this. but for swapping stages only? D:


January 22, 2014, 03:45:10 AM #1424 Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 04:02:31 AM by Doqtor Kirby Ex
Quote from: Mariohuge9001 on January 22, 2014, 03:38:27 AM
Well, seeing as how those don't exist, I doubt that's the problem. Does it crash when Mewtwo wins a match, or just in general? If it's only when he wins, then it could be a problem with the announcer call for him.

Agh, I keep forgetting about the whole hex thing! Alright, thanks for the help.
Hm. That's odd. the fighter config template for Lucario references one, so I thought he had one. I lied, that was for the final smash. My bad.

The announcer call works fine. If it didn't, the CSS wouldn't even work. (And announcer calls for clones don't work on result anyway)

Tested it anyway. No dice.