The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

:roy:
Just so I don't screw things up even more, with the Project M roy that was posted, do I just rename the fighterconfig.dat file to whatever id I want it to be? I REALLY don't wanna mess things up.
Professor is best Nichijou character.

Quote from: The Professor on January 24, 2014, 12:55:38 AM
:roy:
Just so I don't screw things up even more, with the Project M roy that was posted, do I just rename the fighterconfig.dat file to whatever id I want it to be? I REALLY don't wanna mess things up.

Yeah, it'll work for any cloned fighter ID.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on January 24, 2014, 12:57:26 AM
Yeah, it'll work for any cloned fighter ID.
:mewtwo:
Alriiiiight! I think I've fixed the game's crashing error. Also, will the newest FPC work with BrawlEX? I only wonder because a few problems that had been happening are fixed with that I believe.
Professor is best Nichijou character.

Quote from: The Professor on January 24, 2014, 01:05:02 AM
:mewtwo:
Alriiiiight! I think I've fixed the game's crashing error. Also, will the newest FPC work with BrawlEX? I only wonder because a few problems that had been happening are fixed with that I believe.

It's supposed to be used with File Patch Code 3.5.1b, which is in the text version of the BrawlEx download.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on January 24, 2014, 01:06:35 AM
It's supposed to be used with File Patch Code 3.5.1b, which is in the text version of the BrawlEx download.
:mewtwo:
Oh, okay then. Off to test this masterpiece of a clone (aka Roy)
Professor is best Nichijou character.


Hey Sammi does that work with only GC controllers?Or can I use Classic controller or the nunchuck?

Is it possible to do this with Riivolution? The different folder directories are confusing, keep getting the random icon and freeze upon highlight error.

January 24, 2014, 02:41:50 AM #1538 Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 03:10:23 AM by Doqtor Kirby Ex
Quote from: Kosner on January 24, 2014, 02:01:13 AM
Is it possible to do this with Riivolution? The different folder directories are confusing, keep getting the random icon and freeze upon highlight error.
I swear I'm gonna shoot somebody.
No, this does not work on Riivo.
No, this does not work on Riivo
No, this does not work on Riivo
No, this does not work on Riivo
NO! THIS DOES NOT WORK ON RIIVO!!!!

Ok now that I got that out of my system, Riivolution isn't compatible. If you have a card larger than 2GB, either get a 2GB or use the SDHC Extension. Dunno what to tell you, Riivolution is just obsolete for Brawl hacking.

edit: From now on anybody asking if Riivo works I'm just gonna send a big fat red NO

Actually I REALLY didn't want to do asm for this. LUCKILY brawlex conveniently organizes the characters slot stuff in a table starting at 015D7650. So really its just changing some values around and stuff :P

And yea this should work with classic controllers

I think I figured out how to change the sss character stock icons that show up on the top left corner of the screen but the only problem is that they always show up as completely white icons. If anyone can figure out how to fix the problem I would really appreciate the help.

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby Ex on January 24, 2014, 02:41:50 AM
I swear I'm gonna shoot somebody.
No, this does not work on Riivo.

Ok now that I got that out of my system, Riivolution isn't compatible. If you have a card larger than 2GB, either get a 2GB or use the SDHC Extension. Dunno what to tell you, Riivolution is just obsolete for Brawl hacking.

My apologies if it's been asked before! So I googled around and found the SDHC Extension you mentioned, and thank you so much. So much. I hated Riivolution.

Of course, now I have a problem with the clone engine. I got the Mario Icon error, and I went back and checked the file names, the module, the locations, and everything looks correct. I'm trying to clone Link into Zero. For modules I have ft_zero.rel (made from link.rel), bx_fighter.rel and ft_kirby.rel (though I'm not sure what it's for.)

Quote from: Kosner on January 24, 2014, 03:11:04 AM
My apologies if it's been asked before! So I googled around and found the SDHC Extension you mentioned, and thank you so much. So much. I hated Riivolution.

Of course, now I have a problem with the clone engine. I got the Mario Icon error, and I went back and checked the file names, the module, the locations, and everything looks correct. I'm trying to clone Link into Zero. For modules I have ft_zero.rel (made from link.rel), bx_fighter.rel and ft_kirby.rel (though I'm not sure what it's for.)
1. Did you set hooktype to AxNextFrame?
2. Did you forget the CSSSlotConfig, SlotConfig, and CosmeticConfigs? You'll get Marios if you do.

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby Ex on January 24, 2014, 03:15:42 AM
1. Did you set hooktype to AxNextFrame?
2. Did you forget the CSSSlotConfig, SlotConfig, and CosmeticConfigs? You'll get Marios if you do.

I'll feel stupid if it doesn't work, but I'm using Project M Launcher.. Even with File Patch 3.5.1 and SDHC extension Gecko wouldn't replace files. Is there a hooktype setting for M?

The configs are there, CSSSlot3F, Slot3F, and Cosmetic3F. In the main post, towards the end it mentions something about data alignment that I didn't quite understand. Could that have to do with it? I tried to look on the opensa website but couldn't find anything about it.

Oh yeah. Project M launcher is for noobs. Well next best thing is to [shutters] use a USB loader.