Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2848452 times)
ShinF
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Pin Collector Hot Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1620 on: January 24, 2014, 10:07:58 PM »

Not a problem! I've been messing around with Gecko still, older versions didn't work for me either. Guess I'll just have to use Project M Launcher!

Phew, it's finally done uploading, lol. Just copy it exactly as it is and boot it up through the PM Launcher, and it should work.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8xuaafa29lugvok/BrawlEx%20Bliss%20SDHC.zip

It loads a tad bit slower than when it's on my 2GB card, but that may just be my SDHC - it's a fairly old card. The build has my entire SD Card, so it includes BrawlEx, Stage Expansion, cBliss, a bit of music and a few other little things.

I should note is that it's probably best not to use my it for the single player modes, since not all the costumes and clones have stock icons added and hovering over a character or costume without an icon in single player causes them to freeze. I plan on fixing that later, just thought I'd warn ya about it. It's pretty easy to add them, I just haven't done it yet.

As far as loading via USB, I have no idea since I've never used a USB Loader, though I'd like to know how.
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 10:18:57 PM by ShinF » Logged

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1621 on: January 24, 2014, 10:11:58 PM »

@shadowsnake
    Are you loading through the project m launcher by chance? Or just gecko?

It also seems like your not using the latest gecko...right? dunno whether either of those are it, but might as well try Tongue

Post Merge: January 24, 2014, 10:31:17 PM
    Hmmmm...I tested it on dolphin, it works. BUT on my Wii it freezes on the second clone Tongue I don't have a USB gecko so I don't know how I'm gonna fix this ;_;
    « Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 10:31:17 PM by sammi-huskyEX » Logged

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1622 on: January 24, 2014, 10:47:47 PM »

@shadowsnake
    Are you loading through the project m launcher by chance? Or just gecko?

It also seems like your not using the latest gecko...right? dunno whether either of those are it, but might as well try Tongue

Post Merge: January 24, 2014, 10:31:17 PM
    Hmmmm...I tested it on dolphin, it works. BUT on my Wii it freezes on the second clone Tongue I don't have a USB gecko so I don't know how I'm gonna fix this ;_;

Yeah i used the PM launcher with the SDHC extension. If it works on Dolphin and not the Wii, then god only knows how this could be fixed. It's weird as hell that it loads 51 but not 52, maybe we should try adding bones to the selcharacter.pac for the icons, the css icons don't switch so maybe this could fix it. This is just pure speculation but it would be a shame if we couldn't get this awesome code to work on the wii.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1623 on: January 24, 2014, 11:07:36 PM »

My theory is that the Wii is a lot more picky about things not being patched to match...so maybe there are more addresses I'm missing...

Or the CSS code itself is the conflicting code :p I hope i'll be able to figure it out. I tried adding bones, but alas it doesn't really make a difference

ZX_BraveSol_ZX
    Supreme Kitten

Give them no quarter!

• Awards Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1624 on: January 24, 2014, 11:14:19 PM »

To play sfx from one folder vs the second one, example Wolf vs Vegeta,
    choose Wolf first
    go to stage selection screen
    go back to Character Selection Screen
    Do not unchoose Wolf(this makes it so that Wolf already loaded sfx from the first folder)
    Now activate code
    Choose Vegeta
    go to stage
    and finally to game
    You should now have Wolf with his normal sfx, vs Vegeta with sfx from sf2.

Dolphin Users, you need to do a lot of clear caching when fighting same based characters...
    tested on wii with marth vs roy
    marth still had roy's sfx. didn't work.

Never underestimate the power of the ass.

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1625 on: January 24, 2014, 11:15:42 PM »

My theory is that the Wii is a lot more picky about things not being patched to match...so maybe there are more addresses I'm missing...

Or the CSS code itself is the conflicting code :p I hope i'll be able to figure it out. I tried adding bones, but alas it doesn't really make a difference

Perhaps making 52 read on luigi, 53 on peach, 54 on yoshi etc might give different results. Of course it'd be a pain to encode that but who knows. I just find it really strange that 52 won't read but 51 will, which means 52 must be missing something vital that 51 reads some how.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Kosner
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1626 on: January 24, 2014, 11:28:39 PM »

Phew, it's finally done uploading, lol. Just copy it exactly as it is and boot it up through the PM Launcher, and it should work.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8xuaafa29lugvok/BrawlEx%20Bliss%20SDHC.zip

It loads a tad bit slower than when it's on my 2GB card, but that may just be my SDHC - it's a fairly old card. The build has my entire SD Card, so it includes BrawlEx, Stage Expansion, cBliss, a bit of music and a few other little things.

I should note is that it's probably best not to use my it for the single player modes, since not all the costumes and clones have stock icons added and hovering over a character or costume without an icon in single player causes them to freeze. I plan on fixing that later, just thought I'd warn ya about it. It's pretty easy to add them, I just haven't done it yet.

As far as loading via USB, I have no idea since I've never used a USB Loader, though I'd like to know how.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me, and with that being said I have good news and bad news! Good news, using your setup worked perfectly! Bad news, I still have no idea what I'm doing wrong with mine.. I just now read the thing about using File Patch 3.5.1b and got a little excited, but I tried it and my characters are still showing up as Mario.

Obviously there must be a step missing, here's a quick rundown of the steps I do.

1. Open Link's fighter config file in the program, change name to LinkEx, set Kirby to None.
    2. Find Link's Slot, CSSSlot, and Cosmetic files and rename to Slot3F, etc
    3. Open Link's module in the program, change the root id to 91, open section 8 in mem view and change last two digits of the first piece of code to 3F and save as ft_linkex
    4. Make a fighter folder in pf and name it linkex, copy all of Link's files (FitLink, FitLinkXX, etc) and rename them all to FitLinkEx and what not
    5. Place the Fighter3F, Slot3F, etc into corresponding folder in BrawlEx in pf
    6. Place ft_linkex into module folder, along with ft_kirby and bx_fighter
    7. Put common2.pac into system folder
    8. Launch Project M Launcher and frown at my extra Mario icons..

Hopefully I'm just missing an easy step or something.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1627 on: January 24, 2014, 11:54:24 PM »

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me, and with that being said I have good news and bad news! Good news, using your setup worked perfectly! Bad news, I still have no idea what I'm doing wrong with mine.. I just now read the thing about using File Patch 3.5.1b and got a little excited, but I tried it and my characters are still showing up as Mario.

Obviously there must be a step missing, here's a quick rundown of the steps I do.

1. Open Link's fighter config file in the program, change name to LinkEx, set Kirby to None.
    2. Find Link's Slot, CSSSlot, and Cosmetic files and rename to Slot3F, etc
    3. Open Link's module in the program, change the root id to 91, open section 8 in mem view and change last two digits of the first piece of code to 3F and save as ft_linkex
    4. Make a fighter folder in pf and name it linkex, copy all of Link's files (FitLink, FitLinkXX, etc) and rename them all to FitLinkEx and what not
    5. Place the Fighter3F, Slot3F, etc into corresponding folder in BrawlEx in pf
    6. Place ft_linkex into module folder, along with ft_kirby and bx_fighter
    7. Put common2.pac into system folder
    8. Launch Project M Launcher and frown at my extra Mario icons..

Hopefully I'm just missing an easy step or something.

I'm really not seeing anything wrong or missing with what you're doing. You followed the exact same steps that I do, minus the cosmetics I've added. I know that earlier you mentioned trying to use Gecko's config.dat with the launcher, but I've tried it both with and without it and it works fine for me both ways. Maybe you're using a different version of the launcher? If you're using the launcher that came with 3.01, try the newest one.

Kosner
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1628 on: January 25, 2014, 12:13:26 AM »

I'm really not seeing anything wrong or missing with what you're doing. You followed the exact same steps that I do, minus the cosmetics I've added. I know that earlier you mentioned trying to use Gecko's config.dat with the launcher, but I've tried it both with and without it and it works fine for me both ways. Maybe you're using a different version of the launcher? If you're using the launcher that came with 3.01, try the newest one.

What do you mean about the config.dat? I saw that in your SD card but I only have a config.txt and it's purely to bypass/alter the code limit for Gecko.

Well to figure out whether I'm messing up the characters I add, or I'm setting up BrawlEx in general wrong I'm going to use your SD base, then try adding in another character that I set up myself and see if he's still a Mario.

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1629 on: January 25, 2014, 12:16:49 AM »

What do you mean about the config.dat? I saw that in your SD card but I only have a config.txt and it's purely to bypass/alter the code limit for Gecko.

Well to figure out whether I'm messing up the characters I add, or I'm setting up BrawlEx in general wrong I'm going to use your SD base, then try adding in another character that I set up myself and see if he's still a Mario.

I thought the config.dat I had may have influenced it (that file being my saved Gecko settings with AxNextFrame set as the hook type), but I tried taking it off my SD Card and it still worked fine without it.

That's a good idea. At the very least, it'll help you identify where the problem with your own build is.

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1630 on: January 25, 2014, 12:20:50 AM »

Did you make sure to move you Pf folder with the clone engine into project m launcher folder?

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1631 on: January 25, 2014, 12:22:05 AM »

Did you make sure to move you Pf folder with the clone engine into project m launcher folder?

That's not necessary, and in fact would likely not work. The projectm folder is created with the customized File Patch Code they use, not the launcher.
    « Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:22:57 AM by ShinF » Logged

shock44
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1632 on: January 25, 2014, 12:30:04 AM »

I guess because of this my findings about boss sfx might not even have been worth it. Though it does beg the question to me. If you can load the sfx folder with for example: marth and then activate the code and select roy and have him load from sf2. Then can you just activate the code again to swap back to the sfx folder and then select another character and then activate the code again to select that character's clone so that it uses the sf2 folder?

Edit: If we can't switch back and forth between the two sfx folders then we'll have to use boss sfx for the rest of the Ex characters in order for them all to have their own sfx.
    « Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 12:43:23 AM by shock44 » Logged

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1633 on: January 25, 2014, 12:42:01 AM »

That's not necessary, and in fact would likely not work. The projectm folder is created with the customized File Patch Code they use, not the launcher.
    Not exactly the project m folder with the launcher acquires the code from your codes file on the sd so if you have the project m pf folder in the launcher but have your gecko file in the codes folder on the root it'll load regular brawl with the codes I've tried it with a code file I fixed up and it reads from the codes folder on the root and since I had Cbliss and load it without the edited common5 file it'll freeze trying to access the extra costume slots those codes in the launcher are provided for you to use in your codes folder on the root

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1634 on: January 25, 2014, 01:04:06 AM »

Not exactly The project m folder with the launcher acquires the code from your codes file on the sd so if you have the project m pf folder in the launcher but have your gecko file in the codes folder on the root it'll load regular brawl with the codes I've tried it with a code file I fixed up and it reads from the codes folder on the root and since I had Cbliss and load it without the edited common5 file it'll freeze trying to access the extra costume slots those codes in the launcher are provided for you to use in your codes folder on the root

... What? Seriously, I can't even read what you just wrote. Try using proper punctuation when you type.

And it does work properly without the projectm folder. As you saw he said that the version that I gave him worked perfectly. I know for a fact that it doesn't have the projectm folder on it at all because I'm the one who made that build.

We're not trying to run BrawlEx with Project M, we're just taking advantage of their launcher to let us use SDHC cards. Their Launcher simply loads up the codes that we put in the gct file. Because the FPC that we are using in our codes isn't Project M's FPC, the projectm directory would not even be loaded from and is thus unnecessary.

Pages:  1 ... 106 107 108 [109] 110 111 112 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: