The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ShinF on January 25, 2014, 07:16:49 AM
I thought the config.dat I had may have influenced it (that file being my saved Gecko settings with AxNextFrame set as the hook type), but I tried taking it off my SD Card and it still worked fine without it.

That's a good idea. At the very least, it'll help you identify where the problem with your own build is.

Well I at least found out it's nothing I did wrong with the config, module, or fighter files. I added in my own cloned Link and it worked perfectly. Even though I'm very curious about what I was doing wrong, I'll just stick with your base and finally get to play. I seriously can't thank you enough for helping me!

A few concerns though, every once in awhile it freezes at the don't whack stuff with your wiimote screen, and freezes if I attempt to do a Team Battle. Are those general bugs with BrawlEx?

Anyway I have my own question. Will this clone engine be able to bring over PM's Roy, and Mewtwo, or is it unlikely since they were made for their clone engine?

Quote from: Brstmguy on January 25, 2014, 08:33:46 AM
Anyway I have my own question. Will this clone engine be able to bring over PM's Roy, and Mewtwo, or is it unlikely since they were made for their clone engine?

On page 106 of this topic there's a link to Mewtwo that's based on PM (slightly improved I think) and it definitely works.

Quote from: Kosner on January 25, 2014, 08:21:16 AM
A few concerns though, every once in awhile it freezes at the don't whack stuff with your wiimote screen, and freezes if I attempt to do a Team Battle. Are those general bugs with BrawlEx?

The Team Battle thing happens with BrawlEx regardless, and I'm pretty sure that people have been having trouble with the straploader freezing too, which I have yet to experience.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Quote from: Axel Akutare on January 25, 2014, 08:50:10 AM
The Team Battle thing happens with BrawlEx regardless, and I'm pretty sure that people have been having trouble with the straploader freezing too, which I have yet to experience.
I think I remember on one of the pages someone said try adding an unedited common5 into your system folder and it should fix the issue. I haven't experienced any problems except for sc_character not letting me give Deadpool new Csp's without a freeze

January 25, 2014, 09:57:04 AM #1640 Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 10:18:52 AM by shadowXtreme
Quote from: Axel Akutare on January 25, 2014, 02:59:40 AM
It seems to actually cause the freeze even without the Fighter Configs for expanded costumes. Unless that's just me, which would seem odd.

Unless it's ANY character using the fighter configs for expanded costumes, then the question of "How does that work?" comes up.

had you ever looked luigi or yoshi fighter config with HXD?, if you take a look, you will Instantly know the reason of Luigi and Yoshi freezings,.. as I said, this is a fixable issue, ..
and I must add that it is not related with expanded costumes

EDIT:

Well I will Explain

this is Yoshi fighter config..

46 43 46 47 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00
02 00 00 17 00 00 13 FF  FF FF FF  FF 00  00 00 08
00 00 00 4B 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
79 6F 73 68 69 2F 46 69 74 59 6F 73 68 69 2E 70
61 63 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
6B 69 72 62 79 2F 46 69 74 4B 69 72 62 79 4B 69
72 62 79 2E 70 61 63
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
66 74 5F 79 6F 73 68 69 2E 72 65 6C 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
59 4F 53 48 49 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 02 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01
00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 04

the red numbers say.. kirby/fitkirbykirby.pac
and that file does not exist in brawl disc...and to order brawl game
to load  KirbyYoshi hat, it must say..
kirby/FitKirbyYoshi.pac

and the problem with luigi is alike, but it says
irby/FitKirbyLuigi.pac
in the folder name says "irby", instead of "kirby"

this problem can be easily fixed. this issue was because a PhantomWings "bad slip of finger" :P

Quote from: shadowXtreme on January 25, 2014, 09:57:04 AM
had you ever looked luigi or yoshi fighter config with HXD?, if you take a look, you will Instantly know the reason of Luigi and Yoshi freezings,.. as I said, this is a fixable issue, ..
and I must add that it is not related with expanded costumes

1. I don't read Hex easily, so that would be pointless.
2. We already know the Fighter Config files aren't causing the freeze, so looking at them would be pointless.
3. Of course it's not related to the expanded costumes, because the problem's not the Fighter Config or the CSSSlot Config.
4. If it's so easily fixable, why not fix it then share with us what the exact issue is rather than stating it's so very very simple?
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Quote from: Axel Akutare on January 25, 2014, 10:05:40 AM
1. I don't read Hex easily, so that would be pointless.
2. We already know the Fighter Config files aren't causing the freeze, so looking at them would be pointless.
3. Of course it's not related to the expanded costumes, because the problem's not the Fighter Config or the CSSSlot Config.
4. If it's so easily fixable, why not fix it then share with us what the exact issue is rather than stating it's so very very simple?
already explained.. look above

January 25, 2014, 10:21:05 AM #1643 Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 10:22:48 AM by Axel Akutare
Quote from: shadowXtreme on January 25, 2014, 09:57:04 AM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Wait, so if that's in the Yoshi and Luigi Fighter Configs, then why does the freeze still happen when those configs aren't being used? With those ones removed from the SD Card the game should just load the characters normally rather than cause the same freeze.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

January 25, 2014, 10:35:45 AM #1644 Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 10:44:26 AM by shadowXtreme
Quote from: Axel Akutare on January 25, 2014, 10:21:05 AM
Wait, so if that's in the Yoshi and Luigi Fighter Configs, then why does the freeze still happen when those configs aren't being used? With those ones removed from the SD Card the game should just load the characters normally rather than cause the same freeze.

Then  you should help me to test, try this files

http://www.putlocker.com/file/E79E4C84CA9E1AB6

first..try yoshi vs kirby,.. then try luigi vs kirby

Quote from: shadowXtreme on January 25, 2014, 10:35:45 AM
Then  you should help me to test, try this files

http://www.putlocker.com/file/E79E4C84CA9E1AB6

first..try yoshi vs kirby,.. then try luigi vs kirby

I would, but I'm gonna be away from my system tomorrow and I've been up for a couple days now so I really need to pass out. If someone else can test these files, hop right on it and lemme know how it goes.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Speaking of Kirby, I've been having some trouble with loading a match with him using certain PSAs on clones, even though for all of them I have the kirbydata set to none.
These PSAs are:
Galacta Knight
Galaxy Mario
Roy (the one ASF1nk uses, I presume)
Doctor Mario (I don't remember which one, but it was closer to melee than most others)
I haven't experienced freezes with any other clone character when using Kirby.

@ ShinF, I tried to do that thing you told me with copying the code you put in here and pasted it over the last 2 lines for Ice Climbers (To have the cBliss organization without the cBliss slots) in their CSSSlot10.dat file and then saved it and dragged it into the SDcard, but it didn't work, it took away the cBliss slots as planned, but the colors were still in the wrong order :/

January 25, 2014, 05:41:38 PM #1648 Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 05:52:13 PM by ShinF
Quote from: MrUnusual on January 25, 2014, 04:39:39 PM
@ ShinF, I tried to do that thing you told me with copying the code you put in here and pasted it over the last 2 lines for Ice Climbers (To have the cBliss organization without the cBliss slots) in their CSSSlot10.dat file and then saved it and dragged it into the SDcard, but it didn't work, it took away the cBliss slots as planned, but the colors were still in the wrong order :/

Do you mean that the slots or the portraits were in the wrong order? Because it doesn't change the order of the portraits, it simply makes it so that the first portrait loads 00, the second portrait loads 01, etc.

@shadowXtreme

Thanks, that fixed the freezing problem with those two.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

I've added a small update in the OP to fix the Luigi/Yoshi/Kirby bug. That's one of the drawback of building a module by hand I guess.


Doqtor Kirby Ex, would you be able to tell me what part of BrawlEx doesn't work with Riivolution? Does the game crash on startup? Does BrawlEx not load at all and you just get Random icons? Do the icons show up as Mario, but remain unconfigured causing a crash when you try to enter a match with them? These kinds of details are important.


By the way, if anyone wants to use the Independent Pokemon, you should be able to do it by configuring a CSS Slot to use Slot1E, Slot20, or Slot22 for Charizard, Squirtle, or Ivysaur. The same can be done for GigaBowser and WarioMan (slots 2C and 2D). Take a look at the Fighter Alignment Chart in the OP for more details.


One final thing, I can confirm that creating Kirby hats for ExCharacters cannot be done without heavily modifying both Kirby's module and moveset files. The whole reason you're required to use a modified ft_kirby.rel in the first place is to prevent him from trying to copy the ExCharacters. BrawlEx uses the original slots for Roy and Mewtwo which is slightly more feasible, but still requires modification of both files.