The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: The Professor on January 27, 2014, 02:05:10 AM
:mewtwo:
Sounds like you've got the same problem I do. Sorry brah, I don't even have a solution.
:kirby: Drop a common5.pac in the system folder (a vanilla one should work). Freezing shouldn't happen anymore.

Quote from: PhantomWings on January 25, 2014, 07:35:56 PM
Hi Pikazz, it's good to see that you've got transforming characters up and running - you're pretty amazing when it comes to figuring these things out.
@ Pikazz, wait, you did what now? I wanna know more about this! o.o sounds very interesting

Hey I decided to test the Alloys working as Phantom Wings said it does and they work to an extent (at least Red Alloy does). I've only encountered crashes in a few places,

Boss Battles, Multi-man Brawl, and 2 players playing as the same Alloy, it works fine otherwise, and using Brawl Ex multiple colors even work, unlike Giga Bowser.  I also experience random crashing on some stages with Brawl Ex, Variable levels (Like Spear Pillar) and moving Levels, like Metaknight's Ship and the PT Aero Drive.


Quote from: Doqtor Kirby Ex on January 27, 2014, 04:12:46 AM
:kirby: Drop a common5.pac in the system folder (a vanilla one should work). Freezing shouldn't happen anymore.
Quote from: Doqtor Kirby Ex on January 27, 2014, 04:12:46 AM
:kirby: Drop a common5.pac in the system folder (a vanilla one should work). Freezing shouldn't happen anymore.
:roy:
thanks, i'll try in the morning. Wind chill advisory, should be freed from my classes tomorrow.
Professor is best Nichijou character.

January 27, 2014, 05:15:50 AM #1714 Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 06:34:11 AM by Tiberious
Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on January 26, 2014, 06:27:28 PM
so did u get the alloys working?
If so can i have the files?
It's not quite ready yet. I still have the "Ready to Fight" animation repeating when characters are selected.

I may need to test on Dolphin to figure out WTF's going on.

But if you want to help troubleshoot... you can get what I have here. It's set up to extract right to the pf folder, and contains everything necessary: CPSs, icons, names, and even stock icons (which is why STGRESULT and sc_selmap are there).

Edit:

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby Ex on January 27, 2014, 04:12:46 AM
:kirby: Drop a common5.pac in the system folder (a vanilla one should work). Freezing shouldn't happen anymore.

Nope. I had the freezing at "Loading..." myself, and even after dropping a vanilla common5.pac into my SD card, it locked up the first time.



Another issue is it seems you can't have multiple players using the same Alloy (it crashes any time you get close to selecting a copy). Any way around this?

I'll take a look and see if can help..  :P

Quote from: MrUnusual on January 27, 2014, 04:16:45 AM
@ Pikazz, wait, you did what now? I wanna know more about this! o.o sounds very interesting
i did this
Let the Swap Begin! [Fully Working Transforming]

however, the project is kinda on ice for the moment D:
Stupid Tinypic :C

Quote from: pikazz on January 27, 2014, 10:17:40 AM
i did this
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


however, the project is kinda on ice for the moment D:

I was keeping up as the project was developing, but I don't know why it just dawned on me that when this project takes full form it would be theoretically possible to make a Bowser Jr that transforms into Shadow Mario. Which is something I'd really like to see, but you know. Still awesome work, pikazz.
I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!


Quote from: Axel Akutare on January 27, 2014, 10:26:21 AM
I was keeping up as the project was developing, but I don't know why it just dawned on me that when this project takes full form it would be theoretically possible to make a Bowser Jr that transforms into Shadow Mario. Which is something I'd really like to see, but you know. Still awesome work, pikazz.
the thing that made the project on ice is Module memory, the game freezes if you try to load 2 modules together that is over 330-360kB. I was lucky with both Jigglypuff and Marth since those 2 has the lowest kB together (209kB).

until we find a way to compress or increase the module memory, the project is on ice.

Quote from: StarWaffle on January 27, 2014, 11:05:27 AM
but can you do 3?
did test 3 on a extra slot, but only the first 2 gets swap! but I will test them over Samus or PT
Stupid Tinypic :C

Sorry if this has already been asked, but can a character be cloned more than once?

January 27, 2014, 05:47:41 PM #1721 Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 06:01:08 PM by Nebulon
Quote from: BronzeGreekGod on January 27, 2014, 05:43:42 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked, but can a character be cloned more than once?

Why, yes it can. I've got two Marth clones in right now, but hypothetically i could have
As many as i want. (Though right now only a possible of 50 characters are selectable on the css right now. But that'll change.)

Post Merge: January 27, 2014, 05:53:18 PM

But be warned, certain effects can clash or be shared between charaxters, meaning that all your marth clones might have the same sqord trail, or migjt only load one of them for one movest but not the other. Sonic ia a big problem with that.

Post Merge: January 27, 2014, 06:01:08 PM

Excuse my typing, i'm on a cell phone and i can't touchscreen text worth anything.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822


Its *really* complicated. Requires math and lots of hex editing. As well as many advanced techniques in editing the methods in module editor 2. He was going to either release a tutorial, of premade transforming characters. But the project is on ice now due to memory limitations

January 27, 2014, 07:19:41 PM #1724 Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 07:23:08 PM by Nebulon
Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 27, 2014, 07:11:00 PM
Its *really* complicated. Requires math and lots of hex editing. As well as many advanced techniques in editing the methods in module editor 2. He was going to either release a tutorial, of premade transforming characters. But the project is on ice now due to memory limitations

Hey Sam. By chance, how is the expanded css or the 2 switchable characters per icon going along? I know you mentioned it the other day and i wasn't sure if i missed an update.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822