The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Eternal Yoshi on January 28, 2014, 02:45:20 AM
Change your hooktype to AXNextFrame or the Brawl Ex module won't load.

Thanks, helped. :)

will this ever work over project m 3.02


Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: MrUnusual on January 28, 2014, 07:40:59 AM
Cool! Everything works gr8 now, thanks! :D I wish I had a Wii U, gonna get one soon, but I would love to see this in HD on this 60 inch I have. Only thing is, since I never had a Wii U, I'm not sure exactly how to mod it yet o.o I guess that day will come eventually where I gotta teach myself again lol
:drmario:
It's essentually the exact same to mod the Wii U as the Wii, but with the virtual wii menu. Apparently you need to install another IOS on the Wii U for homebrew, but I'm using the hackless method.
Professor is best Nichijou character.


Ok let me just make it clear..its NOT because they use different codes or clone engines or anything.

Dantarion HIMSELF said that project M's modules aren't even comparable with brawl anymore. They changed ALOT of stuff in the modules. This clone engine will not work with project M. Because of expects the modules and sora_melee is the same as it has been..

I know people are still going to ask though. There really should be a FAQ in the OP :P

January 28, 2014, 07:15:24 PM #1777 Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 07:17:31 PM by Don Jon BravoEX
Quote from: sammi-huskyEX on January 28, 2014, 07:09:27 PM
Ok let me just make it clear..its NOT because they use different codes or clone engines or anything.

Dantarion HIMSELF said that project M's modules aren't even comparable with brawl anymore. They changed ALOT of stuff in the modules. This clone engine will not work with project M. Because of expects the modules and sora_melee is the same as it has been..

I know people are still going to ask though. There really should be a FAQ in the OP :P
Not to mention they kinda locked PM so its unhackable.

on a side note,its cool how brawlEX fixes stuff like alloys, does it do it simply by the bx_fighter module, or have those characters always been in reach but there were needed codes to make em more accessable?

Brawl ex sets their usage data, and does some other things. Basically the necessary things that the alloys code did. They always had slots for their data, just as theother characters and  bosses do. Bralw ex just sets their usage data and some other things to make it possible to use them the way the code did. Kinda.. :P

January 28, 2014, 10:52:58 PM #1779 Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 11:17:14 PM by The Professor
:mewtwo:
A couple of things. ShinF, I love you (no homo dou). The common5 worked. however, when I went to the SSS, it froze. I had the disable custom stages code enabled, but i think it might have been my custom SSS code. I removed it, and I'm gonna try and test it now without that code. Another thing,
When I go to the CSS everything plays out right, then I hover over Roy (the clone) but he has the smallest Icon ever. Like, a little slab. So, i hover over it, it displays diddy's data (lolwut?) and i press A, then leading to marth. Is that supposed to happen?

Post Merge: January 28, 2014, 11:17:14 PM

:rage: Nevermind! When I did something NOOOPE! IT [censored]ING FROZE AGAIN!.
Excuse me here but...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry about that... I had it. I REALLY did... then something took it away from me.
Professor is best Nichijou character.

Quote from: The Professor on January 28, 2014, 10:52:58 PM
:mewtwo:
A couple of things. ShinF, I love you (no homo dou). The common5 worked. however, when I went to the SSS, it froze. I had the disable custom stages code enabled, but i think it might have been my custom SSS code. I removed it, and I'm gonna try and test it now without that code. Another thing,
When I go to the CSS everything plays out right, then I hover over Roy (the clone) but he has the smallest Icon ever. Like, a little slab. So, i hover over it, it displays diddy's data (lolwut?) and i press A, then leading to marth. Is that supposed to happen?

Post Merge: January 28, 2014, 11:17:14 PM

:rage: Nevermind! When I did something NOOOPE! IT [censored]ING FROZE AGAIN!.
Excuse me here but...
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Sorry about that... I had it. I REALLY did... then something took it away from me.

Feeling's mutual?????? ...

Okay, first thing I feel I should ask since you're using SSS codes and getting SSS freezes - are you using Stage Expansion? If so, have you checked the size of your sc_selmap.pac file? Make sure it's not over the size limit. (I believe it's 1.14 mb.)

Second - I have NO idea what's going on with your Roy cosmetics O.o What steps did you take when adding them?

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on January 28, 2014, 11:50:14 PM
Feeling's mutual?????? ...

Okay, first thing I feel I should ask since you're using SSS codes and getting SSS freezes - are you using Stage Expansion? If so, have you checked the size of your sc_selmap.pac file? Make sure it's not over the size limit. (I believe it's 1.14 mb.)

Second - I have NO idea what's going on with your Roy cosmetics O.o What steps did you take when adding them?

This is how i fixed mine a while ago. Compress the stage select icons. Previews are already compressed and compressing the names, emblems, and series logo doesn't do anything. Compressed icons look the the same, so you won't be losing anything at all.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

January 29, 2014, 12:09:34 AM #1782 Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:16:04 AM by Zongalito
i tried to add tails over meta knight in regular brawl, i followed the steps, replacing and adding the common2.pac and the rels, and used AXNextFrame as hook, but when i start the game the character stills appears as random block and freezes
i'm on wiiU so please tell me what more do i have to do that wasnt at the video
and also, in order to add more character, do i have to make a code for every slot? for example
extra character slot 25[spunit262] (Default CSS) numer 25 with 3F ID and 29 as said in the video
0668310C 00000030
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800014 94A30004
3B7B0001 2C1B0032
4180FFE8 48000038
04690338 48000068
066900D8 00000008
2C170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 00000025
00010203 06070811
12091A0E 1716131B
21260D05 14101F25
200B270C 15242218
0A23193F 29000000
and
extra character slot 26 [spunit262] (Default CSS) being number 26, 6D as ID and again 29 as said in the video
0668310C 00000030
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800014 94A30004
3B7B0001 2C1B0032
4180FFE8 48000038
04690338 48000068
066900D8 00000008
2C170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 00000026
00010203 06070811
12091A0E 1716131B
21260D05 14101F25
200B270C 15242218
0A23196D 29000000

i want to know if i have this clear because since i speak spanish i want to know if i understand all this.

Quote from: ShinF on January 28, 2014, 11:50:14 PM
Feeling's mutual?????? ...

Okay, first thing I feel I should ask since you're using SSS codes and getting SSS freezes - are you using Stage Expansion? If so, have you checked the size of your sc_selmap.pac file? Make sure it's not over the size limit. (I believe it's 1.14 mb.)

Second - I have NO idea what's going on with your Roy cosmetics O.o What steps did you take when adding them?
:mewtwo:
I don't have stage expansion, i got it for the SSS editor to work. Needless to say it didn't.
Heheh, turns out that wasn't roy. It was diddy himself, and the icon was so small and next to marth that the circle moved onto marth automatically. I had roy over diddy, so there's that.
Professor is best Nichijou character.

It's then "0A23193F 6D290000". You don't replace the 3F. Also it should be 40, not 6D, unless the fighter config explicitly is marked 6D.