Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2845324 times)
Carnage
God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2670 on: February 16, 2014, 12:32:19 PM »

I have BrawlEX installed, and when I attempt to hover over a CSS icon, the game crashes.
    did you remenber to take out the old css code? and any code that might mess with the css at all?

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2671 on: February 16, 2014, 12:34:25 PM »

I have BrawlEX installed, and when I attempt to hover over a CSS icon, the game crashes.

I had this same problem, it's actually a bug within BrawlEx itself. it happens if you don't have all the characters unlocked. PW is aware of it, and he told me that for now, we should use this code until he can make a fix for it.

Code:
    Unlock All Characters
    42000000 90000000
    0417B640 FFFFFFFF
    0417B644 FFFFFFFF
    E0000000 80008000

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2672 on: February 16, 2014, 12:37:37 PM »

wat
    But I have them all already from my save file before I started using hacks.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

SmashKing64
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

« Reply #2673 on: February 16, 2014, 12:42:16 PM »

can someone here help me with the fact that i have the hooktype set to axnextframe and the random icons are still showing up and freezing my game

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2674 on: February 16, 2014, 12:43:37 PM »

you need to conclude all the parts of cosmetics so it doesnt freeze, yes you need battle protrait and battle name and battle team icon and such or it will freeze when entering the stage, you either use no cosmetics or use them all you cant sip the second part of the tutorial and doing only the css icon and textures
    hmm
    i dont think that is necessarily true
    if you have cosmetics-csp's
    first use ur custom cosmetic config,
    than
    all u need to do is use the other css original config files of the original character for your clone, and the clones will use the BP's and stock icons from the original characters
    i think that is the way nebulon has his stuff set up
    hence why u could have a clone working with only the fighter config

the guy probably did a newbie mistake

@ShinF
    This:
    you can re-arrange all the icons from the config tool actually. double click on the ID in the editor, and change it to whatever you want. Tongue whatever you set it to will be in that position

can someone here help me with the fact that i have the hooktype set to axnextframe and the random icons are still showing up and freezing my game
    did u use the code to unlock all characters
    « Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 01:09:49 PM by Don Jon BravoEX » Logged

SmashKing64
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

« Reply #2675 on: February 16, 2014, 12:47:29 PM »

oh i need that code to unlock all characters wow

Post Merge: February 16, 2014, 12:48:38 PM
    i kinda feel like a retard now
    « Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 12:48:38 PM by SmashKing64 » Logged

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2676 on: February 16, 2014, 01:05:55 PM »

oh i need that code to unlock all characters wow

Post Merge: February 16, 2014, 12:48:38 PM
    i kinda feel like a retard now

While that code does fix the CSS Expansion for users who have not unlocked all the characters, I do not advocate the use of save file changing codes. I would only suggest you use this if you have backed up your save or you are using a throwaway save file.

The OP specifies that exact problem under troubleshooting:

New CSS Icons show up as Random and crash when highlighting them:
    If an icon is shown as Random and is not intended as the regular random icon, then the icon has not been mapped by BrawlEx. This could mean that BrawlEx is not running. Ensure that both the Module/bx_fighter.rel and System/Common2.pac files included in the BrawlEx package are in your patching directory.

If your are sure that you have AXNextFrame selected, then you are either using a CSS Id higher than 63, or you are missing one of the two above mentioned files. Also, if you are using Riivolution, then bx_fighter.rel probably won't load unless you specify it as an additional file in the Riivolution config.

For anyone else having troubles with the CSS Expansion, I would recommend you start slowly with the prebuilt files in the package. I don't use a lot of custom cosmetics, so I haven't personally tested the procedure for replacing the files in your sc_selcharacter.pac with the ones in Resources - there may be another step which hasn't been taken into account.

Also, the BrawlEx Config utility can both modify the CSSRoster ids individually and also supports copy/paste. So it's not too difficult to reorganize your roster using it. But if you're more comfortable with a Hex Editor, that's fine too.

Anyways, I've updated the BX Clone Engine and the BX Roster Expansion. The Clone Engine update fixes a bug in Event Match which crashes the game when choosing an event which allows you choose your character. The Roster Expansion fixes the bug which causes the game to crash when highlighting an icon that would normally be marked with a "new" tag.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 01:28:56 PM by PhantomWings » Logged

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

« Reply #2677 on: February 16, 2014, 02:58:52 PM »

PhantomWings, which files were modified for those bug fixes? I obviously don't want to start from scratch again.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2678 on: February 16, 2014, 03:29:08 PM »

More then likely one of the core files Tongue depending on which bug your talkin about

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2679 on: February 16, 2014, 05:08:40 PM »

Just passed 60 characters... and I thought of something. Is there any type of code or anything we could do to have the characters we selected be unselected after a match? The reason I'm asking is because sharing ef_files causes errors. Now I've gone ahead and made a SUPER ef_file for my characters so that they all get their effects at the same time, BUT... say I pick Ike, Cloud, and Riku. I pick Riku first. Even though I edited their PSAs to all load their effects around each other so that there are no shared gfx, after the match, if the person who picked an Ike based character first (in this case Riku) deselects Riku, but the other two want to stay Ike characters, the gfx don't load. It's because Riku used them first, he essentially loaded them for Ike and Cloud, but remove Riku, who loaded them FOR Ike and Cloud, and Cloud and Ike don't have their effects, unless they deselect and reselect.

It's a small, easily dealt with burden, but it's easy to forget to do that sometimes, especially when you've got so many characters that you don't know who's who. By deselecting the characters after a match for people to reselect them, it'll boot up the ef_file again.

I hope I'm explaining this correctly. I take it there isn't anything like this though, is there?

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

SmashKing64
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

« Reply #2680 on: February 16, 2014, 05:35:44 PM »

nebulon nice build Cheesy

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2681 on: February 16, 2014, 05:46:45 PM »

nebulon nice build Cheesy

Why thank you Smiley I'm going to be uploading my newer version tonight. It's got more characters and some gfx fixes for clone characters (Thought not the same type of fixes as Project M)

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2682 on: February 16, 2014, 06:20:11 PM »

Cool can't wait for an update.

Doq
    Extreme Kitten

Coconut is best Neko.

• Awards Ceiling Cat

« Reply #2683 on: February 16, 2014, 07:25:11 PM »

Why thank you Smiley I'm going to be uploading my newer version tonight. It's got more characters and some gfx fixes for clone characters (Thought not the same type of fixes as Project M)
    You're updating yours tonight too? Cheesy Cool.

SilverBaretta
    Expert Kitten

Longtime lurker, finally registered!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2684 on: February 16, 2014, 07:29:46 PM »

I had this problem too. I manually replaced the respective Resources in the CSS Expansion Mod folder into the supposedly pre-built sc_selcharacter.pac and common3.pac Core Files, and then it started working.

Something remixed this way comes...

Pages:  1 ... 176 177 178 [179] 180 181 182 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: