Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2846954 times)
Nebulon
Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3330 on: February 27, 2014, 03:06:08 PM »

i'd like killable boss characters in the game too, but as far as gigabowser goes, it would nerf bowser's final smash if you changed gigabowser Tongue ...but killable boss characters, either playable or somehow coded into stages, similar to spear pillar, would definitely be cool.

I'm puttin Taboo in my pack to ight, and i've got a Giga Bowser PSA that i tweaked and size modded on my vault. When a Bowser moduke is made you'll have your killable Giga.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3331 on: February 27, 2014, 03:07:25 PM »

ppl wanting bosses remenber they dont have animations to battle, they dont have the runs, the cliffs the atacks nothing so no its not possible to just slap them from SSE to brawl mode so unless you make a psa for their models then no.

justadood
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3332 on: February 27, 2014, 03:40:55 PM »

but you could give the moves they have certain inputs, so for instance trying to dash would just automatically make you go to another side of the screen... i mean when you see the way they fight in sse or boss battle, it's obvious the AI is controlling it by activating certain actions, so if we could make those actions depend on certain buttons, we might be able to have a boss battle mode for multiplayer, where the computer automatically is some boss.... but yeah, if we're talking about players using them, gameplay would either be really choppy and uncoordinated, or we'd need to make a new psa for them in the first place... i'd like to see it done either way, but i'd prefer to have them fixed to certain stages and cause hazards to prevent certain bosses from being unusable on stages like temple... Tongue anyway, that's my opinion, but i don't mind the game without bosses either

I'M JUST A DOOD

superben2008
    Mega Kitten

yay. i'm in BRAWL now.

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3333 on: February 27, 2014, 04:33:26 PM »

i'm having a problem with Nebulon's pack. i'm getting a soft freeze when i select skyward sword link.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ssben

episodes of web series

superben: 12
    superben shorts: 6
    micro superben: 4
    2 stupid power rangers: 1
    Ben's answering machine: 2
    ----------
    photobucket name

superben_2007

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3334 on: February 27, 2014, 04:47:01 PM »

i'm having a problem with Nebulon's pack. i'm getting a soft freeze when i select skyward sword link.

Redownload. It was fixed a few versions ago. Smiley

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

superben2008
    Mega Kitten

yay. i'm in BRAWL now.

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3335 on: February 27, 2014, 04:54:30 PM »

i didnt realize it was updated today. thanks. sorry for the trouble

http://www.youtube.com/user/ssben

episodes of web series

superben: 12
    superben shorts: 6
    micro superben: 4
    2 stupid power rangers: 1
    Ben's answering machine: 2
    ----------
    photobucket name

superben_2007

KarefyrmSix
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3336 on: February 27, 2014, 05:06:25 PM »

Someone said something about Tabuu and a killable Giga bowser, i have Tabuu already but i didnt think id be able to get GKoopa if we didnt have a module for him. In the Vault theres a killable Giga bowser already, i wouldn't want someone to have to make another one if there was already one :p

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3337 on: February 27, 2014, 06:30:45 PM »

Someone said something about Tabuu and a killable Giga bowser, i have Tabuu already but i didnt think id be able to get GKoopa if we didnt have a module for him. In the Vault theres a killable Giga bowser already, i wouldn't want someone to have to make another one if there was already one :p

Making Giga Bowser killable ruins the Final Smash for Bowser by making that killable as well.

I have a Giga Bowser on my vault. If a module for Bowser comes out, then they can use this Giga Bowser. It isn't Bowser, it's just a big Giga Bowser you can kill complete with his own moves based on the FS, while the normal Bowser keeps his invincible FS.

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3338 on: February 27, 2014, 06:33:35 PM »

Hey Nebulon,can I get your code list?

I added the sd expansion code and launched PM launcher and it froze with no sound after the now loading screen...didn't get the opening video at all.
    « Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 06:42:13 PM by Jade_Rock » Logged

DarkDeity
    Extreme Kitten

I WILL GRIND BENEATH MY HEEL...ALL THAT EXISTS!!!

• Awards Hey! Listen!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3339 on: February 27, 2014, 07:32:05 PM »

I added the sd expansion code and launched PM launcher and it froze with no sound after the now loading screen...didn't get the opening video at all.

that has actually happened to me before. how many times have you tried launching it? just once or more than once cause if its just once then try again. its weird i know but it does that to me at times and relaunching just fixes it

I WILL GRIND BENEATH MY HEEL...ALL THAT EXISTS!!!

Jade_Rock
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3340 on: February 27, 2014, 07:38:01 PM »

Tried 3 times same result...

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3341 on: February 27, 2014, 08:10:57 PM »

Would anyone know if this works with Almas Clone engine?
    I mean for the characters that are not cloneable

It would be kinda useful since we can now customize the CSS to have extra characters as alternate versions

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3342 on: February 27, 2014, 08:13:04 PM »

that has actually happened to me before. how many times have you tried launching it? just once or more than once cause if its just once then try again. its weird i know but it does that to me at times and relaunching just fixes it

Codes in a link in sig. Enjoy. Smiley

PhantomWings
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3343 on: February 27, 2014, 08:25:38 PM »

Hey Nebulon; your brawl system is very elaborated and awsome
    But I have a problem whenever I try to select an Ex character

as you can see, I use Dolphin, couldnt the problem be the way you ordered the lines on the codes? I see you wrote the lines on a single line on all of the codes (Even though I actually used the .gct you incluided in the pack

Update your common3.pac. I'm fairly certain that Nebulon's pack uses an outdated version of the BrawlEx CSS Expansion. If you're using Dolphin, then you probably haven't unlocked any characters yet, so you're experiencing the crashing bug whenever you highlight any character that would normally have "new" over them.

does brawlex work for riivolution

While the general consensus is that it doesn't work with Riivolution, I have yet to see someone try it with Riivolution configured to specifically include bx_fighter.rel. If I recall correctly, Riivolution will refuse to load a file that's not normally on the disk unless specified otherwise. But that's just back when I was using it - things could have changed since then.

i still can't fix this myself... .... T-T ....i'm just gonna wait until someone makes a good brawl ex hackpack and maybe replace a few characters...

You can edit the modules by hand if you open them up in a hex editor and change the following values:

4 bytes at offset 0x0000: Module Id
    4 bytes at offset in [0x8C]: Character Id
    4 bytes at offset in [0x28] + 8: Module Id

It goes without saying that you should probably be careful with what you edit. You should only have to change 3 values with 2 of those values being the same.

Speaking of modifying things by hand, why is everyone encouraging modification of CSSRoster.dat by hand? I get that for some it's easier, but for newcomers, it's just asking for them to mess up configuration of their file. There's a reason why the BrawlEx Config Utility was developed in the first place - even if it doesn't support all the file types yet.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3344 on: February 27, 2014, 08:38:36 PM »

Update your common3.pac. I'm fairly certain that Nebulon's pack uses an outdated version of the BrawlEx CSS Expansion. If you're using Dolphin, then you probably haven't unlocked any characters yet, so you're experiencing the crashing bug whenever you highlight any character that would normally have "new" over them.

While the general consensus is that it doesn't work with Riivolution, I have yet to see someone try it with Riivolution configured to specifically include bx_fighter.rel. If I recall correctly, Riivolution will refuse to load a file that's not normally on the disk unless specified otherwise. But that's just back when I was using it - things could have changed since then.

You can edit the modules by hand if you open them up in a hex editor and change the following values:

4 bytes at offset 0x0000: Module Id
    4 bytes at offset in [0x8C]: Character Id
    4 bytes at offset in [0x28] + 8: Module Id

It goes without saying that you should probably be careful with what you edit. You should only have to change 3 values with 2 of those values being the same.

Speaking of modifying things by hand, why is everyone encouraging modification of CSSRoster.dat by hand? I get that for some it's easier, but for newcomers, it's just asking for them to mess up configuration of their file. There's a reason why the BrawlEx Config Utility was developed in the first place - even if it doesn't support all the file types yet.

I will update my common3 in the next update I make to my pack. Thanks for pointing that out Smiley

Post Merge: February 27, 2014, 08:47:18 PM
    I downloaded the newest Clone engine to replace my system files with more stable ones, but I only see one for common2 with the same date as the one in my pack, and no common3.

Where is the common3 replacement? And is it just common 3?

Post Merge: February 27, 2014, 08:50:03 PM
    Nvm, I figured it out. It was in the other DL for CSS.

For those who are asking tonight when I update the pack again it will include this more stable common3 Smiley
    « Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 08:50:03 PM by Nebulon » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: