The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: justadood on February 27, 2014, 09:47:08 PM
i'd like killable boss characters in the game too, but as far as gigabowser goes, it would nerf bowser's final smash if you changed gigabowser :P ...but killable boss characters, either playable or somehow coded into stages, similar to spear pillar, would definitely be cool.

I'm puttin Taboo in my pack to ight, and i've got a Giga Bowser PSA that i tweaked and size modded on my vault. When a Bowser moduke is made you'll have your killable Giga.
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

ppl wanting bosses remenber they dont have animations to battle, they dont have the runs, the cliffs the atacks nothing so no its not possible to just slap them from SSE to brawl mode so unless you make a psa for their models then no.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

but you could give the moves they have certain inputs, so for instance trying to dash would just automatically make you go to another side of the screen... i mean when you see the way they fight in sse or boss battle, it's obvious the AI is controlling it by activating certain actions, so if we could make those actions depend on certain buttons, we might be able to have a boss battle mode for multiplayer, where the computer automatically is some boss.... but yeah, if we're talking about players using them, gameplay would either be really choppy and uncoordinated, or we'd need to make a new psa for them in the first place... i'd like to see it done either way, but i'd prefer to have them fixed to certain stages and cause hazards to prevent certain bosses from being unusable on stages like temple... :P anyway, that's my opinion, but i don't mind the game without bosses either
I'M JUST A DOOD

i'm having a problem with Nebulon's pack. i'm getting a soft freeze when i select skyward sword link.


http://www.youtube.com/user/ssben

episodes of web series

superben: 12
superben shorts: 6
micro superben: 4
2 stupid power rangers: 1
Ben's answering machine: 2
----------
photobucket name

superben_2007

Quote from: superben2008 on February 27, 2014, 11:33:26 PM
i'm having a problem with Nebulon's pack. i'm getting a soft freeze when i select skyward sword link.
Quote from: superben2008 on February 27, 2014, 11:33:26 PM
i'm having a problem with Nebulon's pack. i'm getting a soft freeze when i select skyward sword link.
Quote from: superben2008 on February 27, 2014, 11:33:26 PM
i'm having a problem with Nebulon's pack. i'm getting a soft freeze when i select skyward sword link.

Redownload. It was fixed a few versions ago. :)
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

i didnt realize it was updated today. thanks. sorry for the trouble


http://www.youtube.com/user/ssben

episodes of web series

superben: 12
superben shorts: 6
micro superben: 4
2 stupid power rangers: 1
Ben's answering machine: 2
----------
photobucket name

superben_2007

Someone said something about Tabuu and a killable Giga bowser, i have Tabuu already but i didnt think id be able to get GKoopa if we didnt have a module for him. In the Vault theres a killable Giga bowser already, i wouldn't want someone to have to make another one if there was already one :p

Quote from: Kerafyrm Six on February 28, 2014, 12:06:25 AM
Someone said something about Tabuu and a killable Giga bowser, i have Tabuu already but i didnt think id be able to get GKoopa if we didnt have a module for him. In the Vault theres a killable Giga bowser already, i wouldn't want someone to have to make another one if there was already one :p

Making Giga Bowser killable ruins the Final Smash for Bowser by making that killable as well.

I have a Giga Bowser on my vault. If a module for Bowser comes out, then they can use this Giga Bowser. It isn't Bowser, it's just a big Giga Bowser you can kill complete with his own moves based on the FS, while the normal Bowser keeps his invincible FS.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

February 28, 2014, 01:33:35 AM #3338 Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:42:13 AM by Jade_Rock
Hey Nebulon,can I get your code list?

I added the sd expansion code and launched PM launcher and it froze with no sound after the now loading screen...didn't get the opening video at all.

Quote from: Jade_Rock on February 28, 2014, 01:33:35 AM
Hey Nebulon,can I get your code list?

I added the sd expansion code and launched PM launcher and it froze with no sound after the now loading screen...didn't get the opening video at all.

that has actually happened to me before. how many times have you tried launching it? just once or more than once cause if its just once then try again. its weird i know but it does that to me at times and relaunching just fixes it
I WILL GRIND BENEATH MY HEEL...ALL THAT EXISTS!!!


Would anyone know if this works with Almas Clone engine?
I mean for the characters that are not cloneable

It would be kinda useful since we can now customize the CSS to have extra characters as alternate versions

Quote from: Jade_Rock on February 28, 2014, 01:33:35 AM
Hey Nebulon,can I get your code list?

I added the sd expansion code and launched PM launcher and it froze with no sound after the now loading screen...didn't get the opening video at all.
Quote from: DarkDeity on February 28, 2014, 02:32:05 AM
that has actually happened to me before. how many times have you tried launching it? just once or more than once cause if its just once then try again. its weird i know but it does that to me at times and relaunching just fixes it

Codes in a link in sig. Enjoy. :)
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Quote from: Kyouma on February 27, 2014, 08:36:24 PM
Hey Nebulon; your brawl system is very elaborated and awsome
But I have a problem whenever I try to select an Ex character


as you can see, I use Dolphin, couldnt the problem be the way you ordered the lines on the codes? I see you wrote the lines on a single line on all of the codes (Even though I actually used the .gct you incluided in the pack

Update your common3.pac. I'm fairly certain that Nebulon's pack uses an outdated version of the BrawlEx CSS Expansion. If you're using Dolphin, then you probably haven't unlocked any characters yet, so you're experiencing the crashing bug whenever you highlight any character that would normally have "new" over them.

Quote from: tyshy on February 27, 2014, 12:38:15 PM
does brawlex work for riivolution

While the general consensus is that it doesn't work with Riivolution, I have yet to see someone try it with Riivolution configured to specifically include bx_fighter.rel. If I recall correctly, Riivolution will refuse to load a file that's not normally on the disk unless specified otherwise. But that's just back when I was using it - things could have changed since then.

Quote from: justadood on February 27, 2014, 05:44:59 AM
i still can't fix this myself... .... T-T ....i'm just gonna wait until someone makes a good brawl ex hackpack and maybe replace a few characters...

You can edit the modules by hand if you open them up in a hex editor and change the following values:

4 bytes at offset 0x0000: Module Id
4 bytes at offset in [0x8C]: Character Id
4 bytes at offset in [0x28] + 8: Module Id

It goes without saying that you should probably be careful with what you edit. You should only have to change 3 values with 2 of those values being the same.


Speaking of modifying things by hand, why is everyone encouraging modification of CSSRoster.dat by hand? I get that for some it's easier, but for newcomers, it's just asking for them to mess up configuration of their file. There's a reason why the BrawlEx Config Utility was developed in the first place - even if it doesn't support all the file types yet.

February 28, 2014, 03:38:36 AM #3344 Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 03:50:03 AM by Nebulon
Quote from: PhantomWings on February 28, 2014, 03:25:38 AM
Update your common3.pac. I'm fairly certain that Nebulon's pack uses an outdated version of the BrawlEx CSS Expansion. If you're using Dolphin, then you probably haven't unlocked any characters yet, so you're experiencing the crashing bug whenever you highlight any character that would normally have "new" over them.

While the general consensus is that it doesn't work with Riivolution, I have yet to see someone try it with Riivolution configured to specifically include bx_fighter.rel. If I recall correctly, Riivolution will refuse to load a file that's not normally on the disk unless specified otherwise. But that's just back when I was using it - things could have changed since then.

You can edit the modules by hand if you open them up in a hex editor and change the following values:

4 bytes at offset 0x0000: Module Id
4 bytes at offset in [0x8C]: Character Id
4 bytes at offset in [0x28] + 8: Module Id

It goes without saying that you should probably be careful with what you edit. You should only have to change 3 values with 2 of those values being the same.


Speaking of modifying things by hand, why is everyone encouraging modification of CSSRoster.dat by hand? I get that for some it's easier, but for newcomers, it's just asking for them to mess up configuration of their file. There's a reason why the BrawlEx Config Utility was developed in the first place - even if it doesn't support all the file types yet.

I will update my common3 in the next update I make to my pack. Thanks for pointing that out :)

Post Merge: February 28, 2014, 03:47:18 AM

I downloaded the newest Clone engine to replace my system files with more stable ones, but I only see one for common2 with the same date as the one in my pack, and no common3.

Where is the common3 replacement? And is it just common 3?

Post Merge: February 28, 2014, 03:50:03 AM

Nvm, I figured it out. It was in the other DL for CSS.

For those who are asking tonight when I update the pack again it will include this more stable common3 :)
Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822