Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2848195 times)
Sammi Husky
Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3690 on: March 06, 2014, 09:14:16 PM »

Actually PW recently stated hat if someone could create a great xml(Which im trying to do but failing at) fro riivo, it might actually work.

in all actuality i always figured it was compatible, but i have no rivo experience, so i can't really help there

Axel Akutare
    Mega Kitten

The Dark Hero

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3691 on: March 06, 2014, 09:28:27 PM »

So I guess no one can help me with my problem. )':

We know that your problem isn't with the codes. Basically you're gonna have to add stuff mod by mod to pinpoint what exactly is presenting your freeze. Or you could try a pack that already works on the Wii like Nebulon's.

I'm the Dark Hero! Hoping to achieve Axel as a character for SSBB!

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3692 on: March 06, 2014, 11:02:50 PM »

We know that your problem isn't with the codes. Basically you're gonna have to add stuff mod by mod to pinpoint what exactly is presenting your freeze. Or you could try a pack that already works on the Wii like Nebulon's.

Just gave it an important but tiny tweak too. Feel free to snag it. Announcer calls are almost done for the next version update Smiley

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3693 on: March 07, 2014, 01:08:18 AM »

So I guess no one can help me with my problem. )':
    or use a regular sd card and ditch the sdhc extension

why do u need a sdhc card anyways?
    my limit has been around less than 650mb with lots of hacks
    also remember to make sure not to have an info pac that has a big size limit
    that file is very picky

shadowXtreme
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3694 on: March 07, 2014, 08:02:32 AM »

Ah, thanks.

Didn't work, and the description says that it's set to false for characters with music. I'm going to try removing the config files, though, as that's something I hadn't thought of that might be causing it.

Edit: Also didn't work. Whatever it is, it's not in the Config files.

well.. this is an offcial glitch then -_-

Steam/SSBB Guy
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3695 on: March 07, 2014, 01:02:59 PM »

Another reason people would use SDHC cards may also be because they would want more stuff on it than just brawl hacks. like they would have something like Wiii64, or VBAGX to play their roms on their Wii. they might get their original SD card overfilled with Brawl Hacks that they can't have any normal Homebrew stuff like Emulators and Roms. So that can be why people wants to use SDHC cards rather than just plain SD cards.

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3696 on: March 07, 2014, 01:11:43 PM »

Making my way back, I find this neat little thing. Congratulations, Phantom. You've outdone yourself yet again, and always bringing us more reasons to stay in the scene! This is a great achievement, and I too want to try this thing out!

However, it does not come without issue, for I am one without a success for the Clone Engine.

I have the PF folder with these folders:
    BrawlEx (And the four folders with a CSSRoster.dat),
    System (With Common2, Common3),
    Fighter (Currently, I just have a Lucas folder renamed Tails, and the files also renamed),
    Module (I have the Bx_fighter, and the Ft_Kirby rel, along with the Ft_Tails.rel)
    Menu2 (With the SC_Characterselect.pac. Do I have to edit that? I hope not lol)

I have a GCT file with two codes on currently, and that is the Newest File patch code, and the SDHC code. I am using Gecko v19 and have the Hook set to AXNextFrame, or something like that.

I used the Brawl Clone tool to place my files into the PF folder of my SD Card. I made a Lucas Clone and renamed him, "Tails," along with the files relative to him.

What is missing or what have I done wrong?

Also, HELLO EVERYBODY! Smiley
    « Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 01:16:06 PM by Power Marshall » Logged

Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
    Updated 1/18

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3697 on: March 07, 2014, 01:27:45 PM »

Making my way back, I find this neat little thing. Congratulations, Phantom. You've outdone yourself yet again, and always bringing us more reasons to stay in the scene! This is a great achievement, and I too want to try this thing out!

However, it does not come without issue, for I am one without a success for the Clone Engine.

I have the PF folder with these folders:
    BrawlEx (And the four folders with a CSSRoster.dat),
    System (With Common2, Common3),
    Fighter (Currently, I just have a Lucas folder renamed Tails, and the files also renamed),
    Module (I have the Bx_fighter, and the Ft_Kirby rel, along with the Ft_Tails.rel)
    Menu2 (With the SC_Characterselect.pac. Do I have to edit that? I hope not lol)

I have a GCT file with two codes on currently, and that is the Newest File patch code, and the SDHC code. I am using Gecko v19 and have the Hook set to AXNextFrame, or something like that.

I used the Brawl Clone tool to place my files into the PF folder of my SD Card. I made a Lucas Clone and renamed him, "Tails," along with the files relative to him.

What is missing or what have I done wrong?

Also, HELLO EVERYBODY! Smiley
    does the clone appear in any way or just doesnt appear at all?
    You are using the FPC that comes in the brawlex read me? you cant just use the latest one it needs to be the one that is on brawlex readme.

have you tryed ading a texture to lets say mario to see if its loading?

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

« Reply #3698 on: March 07, 2014, 01:36:15 PM »

The CSS in the game does not change at all. No additional slots are shown at all.
    I am. The latest one. FPC 3.5.1b or something like that, right? Tongue
    I have actually, and it didn't load it. I forgot to mention that I also included an Amazing Lucas code, just to see if other codes work, and that one does. So I know that the codes are in, just something else is wrong.
    « Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 01:38:09 PM by Power Marshall » Logged

Updated 1/18

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Hot Topic Pin Collector Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3699 on: March 07, 2014, 01:44:22 PM »

The CSS in the game does not change at all. No additional slots are shown at all.
    I have actually, and it didn't load it. I forgot to mention that I also included an Amazing Lucas code, just to see if other codes work, and that one does. So I know that the codes are in, just something else is wrong.

The SDHC code only works when used through the Project M launcher, not Gecko. When used through Gecko, the game's standard cIOS is used and it can't read SDHC cards and thus won't patch any of the files. The Project M Launcher changes that, loading a different cIOS that can recognize SDHC. As far as I can tell, you seem to have done everything else correctly (or at least, you're not missing anything).
    « Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 01:47:51 PM by ShinF » Logged

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3700 on: March 07, 2014, 01:47:12 PM »

I have actually, and it didn't load it. I forgot to mention that I also included an Amazing Lucas code, just to see if other codes work, and that one does. So I know that the codes are in, just something else is wrong. Shocked

if textures and such arent loading then the filepatch code isnt working so its a gct problem, the codes load because they arent affected by the filepatch code, so either re-check that you have the FPC in the new brawlex 1.1.4.0 folder on the reade me or

i would sugest you to get in touch with robintjuh because he was having the same problem and he solved it so ask him to see if he uploads his gct for you  wich has FPC from brawlex,SDHC,no tripping and unrestrited camera

The SDHC code only works when used through the Project M launcher, not Gecko. When used through Gecko, the game's standard iOS is used and it can't read SDHC cards and thus won't patch any of the files. The Project M Launcher changes that. As far as I can tell, you seem to have done everything else correctly.
    not true it also works trough usbloader gx and the likes , but you may be right it doesnt work trough gecko directly, try to use usbloader with the same hooktype  Power marshal

ShinF
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Hot Topic Pin Collector Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3701 on: March 07, 2014, 01:50:15 PM »

not true it also works trough usbloader gx and the likes , but you may be right it doesnt work trough gecko directly, try to use usbloader with the same hooktype  Power marshal
    True, but I was speaking under the assumption he's using the retail disc since he didn't say he was using USB Loader, in which case it doesn't work through Gecko (I've tried).
    « Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 01:51:46 PM by ShinF » Logged

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3702 on: March 07, 2014, 01:57:33 PM »

Hello. Glad to see your using my tool. Would you happen to have followed the video that went along with the tool? Its not in the OP as its fairly new, but it covers setting everything up with the new CSS expansion.

Your problem could be stemming from multiple things. Make sure you have the common3 from the download, as that dictates the CSS loading the new icons. Make sure you have the modified sc_selcharacter OR modify your sc_selcharacter with the resources included in download

Power Marshall
    -JDeLL~
    Special Access

« Reply #3703 on: March 07, 2014, 02:12:09 PM »

True, but I was speaking under the assumption he's using the retail disc since he didn't say he was using USB Loader, in which case it doesn't work through Gecko (I've tried).
    Right. I am using the good ol' Brawl Disc haha. I tried the USB Loader GX and it still didn't work. Also, is there a Hooktype in that Launcher, I couldn't find it in the launcher/loader settings.

Hello. Glad to see your using my tool. Would you happen to have followed the video that went along with the tool? Its not in the OP as its fairly new, but it covers setting everything up with the new CSS expansion.

Your problem could be stemming from multiple things. Make sure you have the common3 from the download, as that dictates the CSS loading the new icons. Make sure you have the modified sc_selcharacter OR modify your sc_selcharacter with the resources included in download

Hey, it's you. I also commented on your video, which you replied to! But yes, I followed it line by line. I took the Common 3 from the Core files folder of the CSS Expansion folder, and the SC_Selcharacter also from the CSS folder. So I'm not sure what's wrong. Do I have to edit the SC_Selcharacter file each time I want to add a new clone, or is it automated?

Updated 1/18

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3704 on: March 07, 2014, 03:11:13 PM »

Right. I am using the good ol' Brawl Disc haha. I tried the USB Loader GX and it still didn't work. Also, is there a Hooktype in that Launcher, I couldn't find it in the launcher/loader settings.

Hey, it's you. I also commented on your video, which you replied to! But yes, I followed it line by line. I took the Common 3 from the Core files folder of the CSS Expansion folder, and the SC_Selcharacter also from the CSS folder. So I'm not sure what's wrong. Do I have to edit the SC_Selcharacter file each time I want to add a new clone, or is it automated?
    usb loader does have a hooktype you have to search it well its there under loder setting or somehting and dont forget to put ocarina on ashwell on the setting for the disc, i think they are by default off if im not mistaken

Pages:  1 ... 244 245 246 [247] 248 249 250 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: