The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: makarew on March 09, 2014, 05:03:45 AM
My first time using BrawlEx and when I got to the CSS, there were no icons. Can someone help?


If no icons show up, it means that CSSRoster.dat wasn't read. Make sure you don't have any CSS related codes in your GCT and that you have CSSRoster.dat in the BrawlEx directory

Quote from: Sammi Husky on March 09, 2014, 05:05:41 AM
If no icons show up, it means that CSSRoster.dat wasn't read. Make sure you don't have any CSS related codes in your GCT and that you have CSSRoster.dat in the BrawlEx directory

All I have in my GCT is the file patch code and Spunit262's Custom CSS Code. The CSSRoster.dat is in the BrawlEx directory.

Quote from: makarew on March 09, 2014, 05:09:34 AM
All I have in my GCT is the file patch code and Spunit262's Custom CSS Code. The CSSRoster.dat is in the BrawlEx directory.

The Custom CSS Code needs to go. The CSSRoster.dat file replaces it.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

Quote from: ShinF on March 09, 2014, 05:10:53 AM
The Custom CSS Code needs to go. The CSSRoster.dat file replaces it.

That worked, but the clone isn't there and it freezes when I scroll over Lucas.

Quote from: makarew on March 09, 2014, 05:16:08 AM
That worked, but the clone isn't there and it freezes when I scroll over Lucas.

Did you edit CSSRoster to add the clone using the Config Utility?

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!


Can I get like... a small lil' tut on how to add announcer calls?

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: Xero874 on March 09, 2014, 05:26:39 AM
Can I get like... a small lil' tut on how to add announcer calls?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.msg1234041#msg1234041
Although I would like something more elaborate and explain, if possible, and easy way to find the sound that wants to be replaced.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


March 09, 2014, 05:46:11 AM #3788 Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 06:30:33 AM by Xero874
Quote from: Segtendo on March 09, 2014, 05:39:48 AM
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65113.msg1234041#msg1234041
Although I would like something more elaborate and explain, if possible, and easy way to find the sound that wants to be replaced.
I think I get the main idea, find a sound file that won't be used. Replace it with the announcer call, convert the infoindex number into hex, then put it in your cosmetic config.
I think...


Post Merge: March 09, 2014, 05:59:28 AM

Wait, what file is ShinF using on that example?

Post Merge: March 09, 2014, 06:15:54 AM

Nevermind, I got sounds working! That was easier than expected.

Post Merge: March 09, 2014, 06:30:33 AM

Only problem is, it doesn't seem like smashbros_sound isn't loading from the SD, so I have to replace the sound file in the iso :\

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

u mean the specific sawnd file?
or the whole smashbros brsar?
are u using IE's sound code?

Only File Patch code.
Now the game crashes whenever sound starts xD So I'm just regetting the sawd file, I probably went over the file size limit.

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Is your sound in stereo? I've had that happened when it freezes when I accidentally put that sound in stereo. If so, it's gotta be mono.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


i dont need help anymore i forget to edit the sc_selcharacter with the css expension files :>.>palm:

I fixed my problem, but is it possible to get random back?

Quote from: makarew on March 09, 2014, 02:54:29 PM
I fixed my problem, but is it possible to get random back?
random has the id of 29 so you should add the 29 after the last characterr you added
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.