The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: ShinF on March 14, 2014, 09:37:29 PM
It's not the Project M Clone Engine that causes the compatibility problems, it's the heavy modifications they've made to so many of the module files. Dantarion himself has said that this is the problem. This means that 2.5 most likely doesn't have any greater chance of working than 3.0.

Not saying it's impossible, just that it's incredibly unlikely and would likely take a reworking of the BrawlEx Engine just for Project M in order to work.

If someone can get me a 2.5 or earlier version, then I can mess with it. I can't guarantee anything, but it is worth a shot.

Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on March 14, 2014, 09:26:54 PM
So I have my Project M 2.6b and I have BrawlEx Clone and CSS Expansion. I am attempting to use BrawlEx in Project M. I know I can't use 3.0 because of it's custom clone engine for Mewtwo and Roy.

I have applied all of the necessary files for BrawlEx to run normally. I haven't added any characters or anything, I'm just trying to get it to run. I am getting the blank CSS every time I try. Do you think this has something to do with the Project M's codes? I think it might be an issue of the transforming characters separation codes that might be in Project M. If anyone has any ideas let me know, and if you have an earlier version of Project M, could you send me the files?
I honestly don't think it works with Project M

i can give u 2.0

Post Merge: March 14, 2014, 09:44:42 PM

i meant 2.1

March 14, 2014, 09:44:48 PM #4068 Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 09:45:51 PM by Pokemon Master CB
Quote from: SolarGamer4774 on March 14, 2014, 09:43:41 PM
I honestly don't think it works with Project M

I still want to give it a try. Even if it may be a complete dead end.


Quote from: SmashKing64 on March 14, 2014, 09:44:25 PM
i can give u 2.0

Post Merge: March 14, 2014, 09:44:42 PM

i meant 2.1

Alright! Just PM me with a link. That would be awesome!

Which 1 u want Fullset Hackless
Fullset Homebrew
Fullset Riivolution
Wifi Set Hackless
Wifi Set Homebrew or Wifi Set Riivolution

i dont think it will ever work all pm versions had that code that if you had any char to the css it will be turned to mario and this was ever since the beggining so ppl couldnt use the rest of the cast that had no PM moveset so all your going to do will be in vain imo
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

no 2.1 doesnt have that code i tried to add a character using the css roster dat and it said fighter3f but it froze for me at css

Quote from: Carnage on March 14, 2014, 09:46:58 PM
i dont think it will ever work all pm versions had that code that if you had any char to the css it will be turned to mario and this was ever since the beggining so ppl couldnt use the rest of the cast that had no PM moveset so all your going to do will be in vain imo

Really?... well... I'll still mess with it a little anyway. Maybe we can just make a bunch of mario clones on Project M and then just edit those!  :af:

Or not... Idk :notimp:

pkmn master whitch 1 do u want
fullset or wifi set
hackless homebrew or riivolution

Quote from: SmashKing64 on March 14, 2014, 09:49:31 PM
no 2.1 doesnt have that code i tried to add a character using the css roster dat and it said fighter3f but it froze for me at css

Would that possibly make the original way of editing the clone engine possible? Without the CSSRoster.dat, but with the codes instead...



I'll try the fullset homebrew!

idk try it and tell me how it goes and see if u can make it work if u can tell me how

Post Merge: March 14, 2014, 09:55:12 PM

also can u add the sdhc code and tell me if that works cause i have an 8gb sd card

Quote from: SmashKing64 on March 14, 2014, 09:54:32 PM
idk try it and tell me how it goes and see if u can make it work if u can tell me how

I will. If I figure out anything or need any help I will post something about it.



March 14, 2014, 10:06:17 PM #4079 Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 10:08:04 PM by SmashKing64
k no prob

Post Merge: March 14, 2014, 10:08:04 PM

should i make a new thread so people can easily find it?