The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Does anyone know how to fix this? When I load the game, instead of my clones it shows extra random icons which freeze the game when highlighted. I know this is in the troubleshooting section, but all of my files are in the right places as far as I can tell.

(You can look at my files here :        https://www.dropbox.com/sh/34aaoh90bsl6pqa/3tw3X4FcSL    )

I run my actual Wii which is running v4.1(by that I mean "not dolphin") with a 16 GB SDHC Card. I use Gecko OS v1.9 and have an NTSC copy of SSBB.


Thanks :kdance:
Working on my BrawlEx Pack now!

Did you add the bx_fighter.rel?
Did you add the common2.pac?
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on March 16, 2014, 05:11:55 PM
Did you add the bx_fighter.rel?
Did you add the common2.pac?

Yeah, they are both there (you can check in the dropbox link)
Working on my BrawlEx Pack now!

Quote from: superstarfy64 on March 16, 2014, 05:12:56 PM
Yeah, they are both there (you can check in the dropbox link)
did you have the sdhc code in the gct? and is your hook type anexframe?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on March 16, 2014, 05:16:05 PM
did you have the sdhc code in the gct? and is your hook type anexframe?

Oh, I have the code in the GCT but didn't update the .txt 

And yes, I do use that hooktype
Working on my BrawlEx Pack now!

Quote from: superstarfy64 on March 16, 2014, 05:17:35 PM
Oh, I have the code in the GCT but didn't update the .txt 

And yes, I do use that hooktype
your using a css fix which affects the css and messes up with brawlex try to delete that code
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

March 16, 2014, 05:21:19 PM #4176 Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 05:28:09 PM by Eternal Yoshi
Guys you know how this image was made for PM?
http://i.imgur.com/fyUlp6X.png
We need one for BrawlEx.

I will make one tonight if someone gives me a fitting background image for BrawlEx that can fit and loop before 7PM Eastern.

super starfy 64 i also forgot you may need the gameconfig.txt in the root if your sd card as the picture abode shows in EY post you can get one by going to the nebulon build and download the gameconfig.txt
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Quote from: Carnage on March 16, 2014, 05:28:34 PM
super starfy 64 i also forgot you may need the gameconfig.txt in the root if your sd card as the picture abode shows in EY post you can get one by going to the nebulon build and download the gameconfig.txt

Thanks!!! Just so you know, the CSS Fix is Spunit's code at the first page of this thread. Isn't that needed where you type the number of icons, and that your clone is in the CSS Screen?
Working on my BrawlEx Pack now!

That's for the old BrawlEx.
If you use the expansion version, you won't need CSS codes.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: Segtendo on March 16, 2014, 06:08:53 PM
That's for the old BrawlEx.
If you use the expansion version, you won't need CSS codes.

Oh, I am using the expansion! Thanks!!!
Working on my BrawlEx Pack now!

Quote from: Carnage on March 16, 2014, 09:52:46 AM
you are using the old brawlex? the new brawlex doesnt use the CSS code or anything like that it only uses the brawlex filepatch code on the readme of the new version, the cssroster.dat is a new file on the new brawlex version(with no css codes) wich you can edit with the config utility and its right on the brawlex folder

i don't think i'm using an "old" brawlex, the CSS code is for brawl minus, and i have no problems getting the right character clone slots to show up, just a problem with the random icon showing up, and i still don't know where this cssroster.dat file you're talking about would be :P
I'M JUST A DOOD

If you want to use the expansion version, you'll need to remove the CSS codes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cveq4ptujieovwd/BrawlEx%20CSS%20Expansion%20v1.0.2.0.zip
Here's the link, which is in the OP.
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


Quote from: justadood on March 16, 2014, 06:21:59 PM
i don't think i'm using an "old" brawlex, the CSS code is for brawl minus, and i have no problems getting the right character clone slots to show up, just a problem with the random icon showing up, and i still don't know where this cssroster.dat file you're talking about would be :P

Since your using the 1.01 valentines update, i can guess that your just using the minus CSS code. Make sure you haven't added more clones then can fit with the Random icon. If you do, the one that went over the limit will occupy the random slot. If this is the case, you just have to reduce the number of clones you added until the random icon comes back. ALSO make sure you still have the random icon's ID in there at the end (29).

The newest BrawlEx doesn't need any CSS codes whatsoever and expands the roster to be able to have 100 characters total. This requires more modifications to minus then in my video though, so unless your feeling confident enough the figure it out, i would suggest just continuing with the CSS code version of BrawlEx

Sammi, how do I change the icons' size and position in sc_selcharacter? I have not been able to ever since I installed the CSS expansion.
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]