The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

By PSA file i meant whatever you downloaded from the vault or what have you. I only said that since i doubted people were adding clones of people already in the game, however thats what the engine does. It makes a new version of a character already in the game (Lucas for example) that you can put a moveset and model over just like normal.

Your going to need all the stuff from that clone off the Brawl Disc as well, just like in the video

April 11, 2014, 05:01:15 AM #4846 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 05:05:17 AM by Pokemon Master CB
Quote from: the_randomizer on April 11, 2014, 04:51:28 AM
When you say "PSA file" what do you mean? Krystal over Peach doesn't have one, I think.

Generally the psa file is the FitFighter.pac and FitFighterMotionEtc.pac files which are put in the fighter folder. They are what gives characters custom movesets. So because Krystal doesn't have one it will just have normal Peach attacks, but look like Krystal.




Hey, Sammi, or anyone who knows. :P

Do you know where I can find the Fighter.dat for the independent pokemon? I know I saw it somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

April 11, 2014, 05:02:17 AM #4847 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 05:07:15 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Sammi Husky on April 11, 2014, 04:59:27 AM
By PSA file i meant whatever you downloaded from the vault or what have you. I only said that since i doubted people were adding clones of people already in the game, however thats what the engine does. It makes a new version of a character already in the game (Lucas for example) that you can put a moveset and model over just like normal.

Your going to need all the stuff from that clone off the Brawl Disc as well, just like in the video

Already have the extracted ISO too, so all data partitions, files, PAC/PCS files, all there. This hack I made on my own, Krystal over Peach, so there's nothing to download per se, no idea what I can do about that. Now, I'm using Brawl EX Clone Tool 0.75 and choose the pf folder, I'm getting an exception error, I can't make a clone of Peach as it keeps popping up with this error message, like it's telling me it can't fine the CSSSlot files when I directed to to the right folder. Nothing's working out it seems.

Edit: Got ninja'd above, already have the files, so I'm good for using FitPeach.pac/pcs. But why the program keeps crashing like that, I'll never know. I can't add a Peach clone.

I keep getting errors that it can't "find" the files in the PF folder, but they're there.

Quote from: the_randomizer on April 11, 2014, 05:02:17 AM
I keep getting errors that it can't "find" the files in the PF folder, but they're there.

I get an error every time I use the tool, but the error only happens when I already have BrawlEx files within the folders. If the folders are empty it works fine. I just ignore the message and press the X in the corner. The tool functions like normal afterward, but I just can't see the clone files that I already have created.

You get an EXCEPTION when you try to add peach? or an error saying that it can't find CSSRoster.dat?

CSSRoster.dat needs to be in the BrawlEx folder, NOT inside any subfolders in BrawlEx's folder.
Also, Pokemon Master, If your getting that exception its generally caused from having .bak files from hexeditors in there. OR it could be some obscure bug i haven't seen yet caused when it can't find cosmetics for the clones. However, im almost positive i squashed that in the last update. (what version are you using? it should say v0.75 in the program title)

April 11, 2014, 05:22:42 AM #4850 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 05:29:43 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Sammi Husky on April 11, 2014, 05:18:43 AM
You get an EXCEPTION when you try to add peach? or an error saying that it can't find CSSRoster.dat?

CSSRoster.dat needs to be in the BrawlEx folder, NOT inside any subfolders in BrawlEx's folder.
Also, Pokemon Master, If your getting that exception its generally caused from having .bak files from hexeditors in there. OR it could be some obscure bug i haven't seen yet caused when it can't find cosmetics for the clones. However, im almost positive i squashed that in the last update. (what version are you using? it should say v0.75 in the program title)

The program doesn't close right away, as I can press continue, and yes, CSSRoster.dat is indeed in the BrawlEX folder. In the video, I see a zip called BrawlEX Clone Engine 1.1.50, but no such download exists on this site, and it shows in the Core Files the three folders, including BrawlEX, which is then later replaced by the CSS Clone Tool folders of the same name. I did that, wham! exception code, it doesn't even show the cloned entry, in fact, it just doesn't cooperate.

I just see copying from folders that aren't in the same Clone Engine zip I have, I have BrawlEx Clone Engine v1.2.0.0 but I see BrawlEx Clone Engine v1.1.50 in the video...I'm not sure where you're copying those three folders the first time, before replacing them with the same BrawlEX folder I see in BrawlEx CSS Expansion v1.0.2.0

I don't get errors from the CSSRoster.dat, but from something like Fighter04(SZerosuit).dat, even though it's in PF/BrawEX/FighterConfig/Fighter04(SZerosuit).dat

Yeah, using 0.75, but it's not finding any of the .dat files in the four CSSConfig, etc folder, even though they are in the right place.

Quote from: Sammi Husky on April 11, 2014, 05:18:43 AM
Also, Pokemon Master, If your getting that exception its generally caused from having .bak files from hexeditors in there. OR it could be some obscure bug i haven't seen yet caused when it can't find cosmetics for the clones. However, im almost positive i squashed that in the last update. (what version are you using? it should say v0.75 in the program title)

I did have some .bak, but I just tried deleting them. I still got the exception. And I am using the latest version.

Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on April 11, 2014, 05:30:19 AM
I did have some .bak, but I just tried deleting them. I still got the exception. And I am using the latest version.


Guess we're in the same boat, I didn't see any .bak files, in pf, I have BrawlEX, Menu2, Module, System, and fighter. In the BrawlEX folder, I have, with all the .dat files, CosmeticConfig, CSSSlotConfig, FighterConfig, and SlotConfig along with CSSRoster.dat, so the placement is correct, but I still get the unhandled exception and it refuses to clone Peach.

hmmmmmmmmmmm.......do you have sc_selcharacter or common5 in the folders? make sure they aren't compresed in any way. (if using common5 open it and hover sc_selcharacter and check its compression) YES I KNOW I SAID TO COMPRESS IT IN MY TUTS :( but the tool can't open it compressed at the moment.

if possible please post or pm me a screen cap of the exception

Quote from: Sammi Husky on April 11, 2014, 05:35:52 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmm.......do you have sc_selcharacter or common5 in the folders? make sure they aren't compresed in any way. (if using common5 open it and hover sc_selcharacter and check its compression) YES I KNOW I SAID TO COMPRESS IT IN MY TUTS :( but the tool can't open it compressed at the moment.

if possible please post or pm me a screen cap of the exception

Wait what? Yes, in Menu2, I see sc_selcharacter.pac just fine, and in System, I see common2 and common3, but not common5. I'll send a PM in a couple of minutes, need to screencap the error.

Is independent pokemon for brawl ex possible yet

Quote from: SmashKing64 on April 11, 2014, 03:01:42 PM
Is independent pokemon for brawl ex possible yet
It isn't possible to make clones, but there were some fighter.dat files for them that have floated around that allow for them to be independent. I just don't know where they went. :P



So for some reason two of my clones are pointing to the same files in my sc_selcharacter.pac. Both my Mewtwo and Roy clones point to the same files, so they both look like Mewtwo on my CSS... :/

Quote from: Pokemon Master CB on April 11, 2014, 03:14:19 PM
It isn't possible to make clones, but there were some fighter.dat files for them that have floated around that allow for them to be independent. I just don't know where they went. :P



So for some reason two of my clones are pointing to the same files in my sc_selcharacter.pac. Both my Mewtwo and Roy clones point to the same files, so they both look like Mewtwo on my CSS... :/
he wasnt asking to make pokemon clones but to make them independant wich i think its possible if he uses some specifiq ids whcih dont summon the PT or the switches but idkn which ids they are.

if both of them load mewtwo file i bet on the roy fighterxx.dat you named the folder mewtwo
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

April 11, 2014, 03:24:31 PM #4858 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 03:48:21 PM by Pokemon Master CB
Quote from: Carnage on April 11, 2014, 03:18:02 PM

if both of them load mewtwo file i bet on the roy fighterxx.dat you named the folder mewtwo

Nope. The Roy fighter is named for the Roy folder, and when you select the Mewtwo which is supposed to be Roy it still loads up Roy and you can play as him.

Post Merge: April 11, 2014, 03:41:05 PM

The weirdest thing just happened. I tried playing as Charizard for a round, and he was independent! Idk how but he was. But then I did a round right after that, but the pokemon trainer was back, and then charizard would transform again. Is there a way to get rid of the trainer? I think that that will solve the problem.

I give up, I so give up, I still get the No DVD found error in Dolphin 4.0, the CSS code isn't in the GCT file, so I made sure, all files, properly named, and still, it doesn't work.