The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

April 11, 2014, 07:53:47 PM #4875 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 07:59:31 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Sammi Husky on April 11, 2014, 07:51:29 PM
Try just using 4.0.2 (the latest official release of dolphin) instead of a nightly build. im using 4.0.2 just fine right now :o you may want to check and recheck the default ISO setting. It also has to be set to AxNextFrame for the hooktype on dolphin, or you could get no dvd errors if i recall

Using 4.0.2 right now, Brawl ISO set to default, SD.raw in /user/Wii directory, all files in correct placement and all are correctly named, following your up to date video, and loading the boot.elf from Gecko OS 1.9.3.1, is that the version you're using?

Still giving me the error, despite having followed the instructions, both on modded and unmodded ISO images. One thing I could try is deleting the emulator configs and starting from scratch again, but I don't have high hopes, I'm better off using a real Wii with USB Loader GX.  Not worth me stressing about Dolphin being stupid and just use it on the real thing. I can continue to do my other mods on Dolphin.

go into dolphins config, click the 'path' tab and make sure you the path for 'default iso' is set, and that it is correct.

April 11, 2014, 08:19:12 PM #4877 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 08:28:30 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Sammi Husky on April 11, 2014, 08:05:12 PM
go into dolphins config, click the 'path' tab and make sure you the path for 'default iso' is set, and that it is correct.

I tried Dolphin 3.0 and it got a little further, but it ultimately locked up when I got past the wii remote warning, then blank screen, so that alone tells me the ISO itself is perfectly fine, but something in 4.0 isn't right.  The fact 3.0 went further tells me something's off in newer versions.

Edit: Tried deleting the emulator settings, at first, before I set the DVD root and Apploader paths, it simply didn't load the ISO via Gecko OS, so I added the DVD root to the extracted ISO directory, same with the app loader, Gecko OS loaded, but I'm back to where I started, so I think the DVD root and app loader paths are the issue.

April 11, 2014, 08:27:03 PM #4878 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 08:33:55 PM by Pokemon Master CB
Quote from: Ezehokadrim on April 11, 2014, 06:57:49 PM

The Independent Pokemon files are in the OP. Just redownload the BrawlEx Clone Engine v1.2 zip and they are in the CSSlot config templates. If you already have CSSlots for the pokemons and you don't want to replace them, open them in an hex editor and change the value at 0x10 to 1E for Charizard, 20 for Squirtle and 22 for Venusaur.
Thank you for pointing this out. I feel really stupid now. :P I have my Charizard working fine now.

I'm still having trouble with my Roy and Mewtwo cosmetics though... I have an idea on how to fix it though.

Post Merge: April 11, 2014, 08:33:55 PM

Yeah never mind... That idea didn't work. I'm just gonna start over with them...  :-\

Found the culprit, DVD Root was causing this the whole time, I got further, the game did begin to boot up and the cheats were applied, so that gives me hope, but the game locked up, so I need to double check my SD.raw next time.

sweet! now it's just a matter of getting BrawlEx setup right! theres a troubleshoot guide in the OP, try those first, then if you need further assistance, ask away

Turn fast load on in the game config. Should fix strap screen crashes in Dolphin.

pkmn master its not working for me can u send them to me

April 11, 2014, 08:51:06 PM #4883 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 08:56:08 PM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on April 11, 2014, 08:47:10 PM
Turn fast load on in the game config. Should fix strap screen crashes in Dolphin.

Didn't know you could do that.  Still, I'm a lot closer than I was!

Hmm...the config file for Brawl is...off, need to fix that.

April 11, 2014, 08:52:47 PM #4884 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 09:18:55 PM by SmashKing64
do i just put the cssslotconfig files for independent pokemons in my folder?
nvm got it to work

April 11, 2014, 08:59:55 PM #4885 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 09:03:34 PM by the_randomizer
Sorry how do you skip the Wii strap screen? I see no options in Dolphin 4.0. And for the code file, just the file patch code 3.5.x? The code/gct is case sensitive? (Called RSBE01.gct) in the SD.raw file and Code Manager has ID RSBE01.

If your using the CSS expansion, the only code you will need is the File Patch code 3.5.1b included in the readme file for BrawlEx. The gct isn't case sensitive. Make sure your gecko settings are set to AxNextFrame

Quote from: SmashKing64 on April 11, 2014, 08:52:47 PM
do i just put the cssslotconfig files for independent pokemons in my folder?
I put all of the independent pokemon files into the BrawlEx folders. You also need to make sure to use the ones that say either [Lizardon Alone] and [Lizardon] instead of using the ones that say [PokeLizardon]. All you need to do is put those files in and it should work.

Quote from: the_randomizer on April 11, 2014, 08:59:55 PM
Sorry how do you skip the Wii strap screen? I see no options in Dolphin 4.0. And for the code file, just the file patch code 3.5.x? The code/gct is case sensitive? (Called RSBE01.gct) in the SD.raw file and Code Manager has ID RSBE01.
You don't skip strap loader. The option is called Speed Up Disc Transfer Rate, and it does exactly what it says.

Has anyone else had any problems with Kirby?  :kdance:

He is being really random and unpredictable for me. Sometimes he freezes after being selected. Sometimes he causes the game to freeze right after you select the stage. Sometimes he freezes the game after his entry. And sometimes he actually works and plays all the way through to the end.

I am extremely confused by this... :srs: