The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Pikezer1337 on April 12, 2014, 09:00:04 PM
If anyone wants to take a look at the BrawlEX pack I compiled just click my signature.
A quick question: what PSA do you pack makers use for Mickey Mouse? I use the Mickey's Soul one, but if there's something better, could you point me in it's direction?
Something remixed this way comes...


Turns out, I can launch the game with Gecko OS without problems, but only if I boot without codes enabled, notably, the File Patch Code. I don't think that code works with Dolphin 3.x or 4.x at all, as it's what been crashing the emulator. I know that because I just tried, but obviously, no CSS differences were noticeable.  The FPC conflicts with Dolphin.

April 13, 2014, 12:05:31 AM #4923 Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 12:10:54 AM by Sammi Husky
Thats not true, it does work with dolphin. me, some people on these forums, and most of my fellow Minus developers use it to make the mod, so i know its not just me, and i know its not conflicting with dolphin. However, if something being PATCHED is corrupted, then it will freeze with the FPC. If your looking for another pack to try, try melee master's or Nebulon's

April 13, 2014, 12:12:36 AM #4924 Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 12:20:50 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Sammi Husky on April 13, 2014, 12:05:31 AM
Thats not true, it does work with dolphin. me, some people on these forums, and most of my fellow Minus developers use it to make the mod, so i know its not just me, and i know its not conflicting with dolphin. However, if something being PATCHED is corrupted, then it will freeze with the FPC. If your looking for another pack to try, try melee master's or Nebulon's

Like, I can get Gecko OS to run the ISO through the app without the FPC, it's just locking up WHEN I use the file patch code, why, I haven't a clue, it's baffling.

Sorry for sounding skeptical, just haven't a clue why the code isn't being applied.  Loads GeckoOS fine without codes, locks up with it.  Today, I had help making everything manually with success, but still, the code refuses to patch in the app and just hangs at the loading screen, so I don't have a clue. Everything in his and your tutorial was done exactly.

Do I need an apps/geckoos1931 folder with the boot file in the SD card as well?  Because it got past the Gecko OS screen, but then it was just blank with the emulator log spamming the same string of text thousands of times over and over.

April 13, 2014, 12:56:36 AM #4925 Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 01:14:11 AM by Don Jon BravoEX
so I got good news guys
i have updated gigabowser, now u dont need to add the extra code i had in the initial release
all u do is add the edited config files I compiled and that is it
the files are here:   https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2G9p_N3oTiaejg1R1BGQ3VmU00/edit?pli=1
and ill be updating the stuff in my signature links later on
Also by default, these config files use Koopas cosmetics
So you can just plug it in and add Gigabowser to your game
ill be making another version with edited configs to load custom CSP's, or in the meanwhile you can use Sammis tutorials to do it yourself :P

also, you dont even have to add the gkoopa folder to your fighters folder, the game will load it by default.
you can if u want to change the costume or whatever
like always,
enjoy.


April 13, 2014, 01:29:30 AM #4926 Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 01:44:36 AM by the_randomizer
Yep, FPC crashes the game, even using the built-in FPC for Brawl crashes...

I can load the ISO through Gecko OS fine, it does boot up, but it's when I use the GCT file it all goes to hell, i.e, it crashes. Tried the built-in codes for the emulator settings, nothing. At this point, I may as well use a real Wii since it's being very picky.  If someone can send me their premade gct file for me to try on my SD.raw, it would be helpful and appreciated  ;D  I'm probably making them wrong.

How are you making the GCT file by chance?

April 13, 2014, 02:06:01 AM #4928 Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 02:08:42 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: Sammi Husky on April 13, 2014, 02:00:44 AM
How are you making the GCT file by chance?

Game Code Manager. er Code Manager, the program with the skull on it. I'm just saying, the GCT keeps failing to load, and was hoping I could try someone else's to see if it works. All I have is the File Patch Code 3.5.1b, the file is named rsbe01.gct and the ID in the file is RSBE01 (not sure if the file is case sensitive or not), so would someone be willing to send me their GCT if that's not too much trouble?

This is proving to be VERY infuriating for me, I don't know how everyone else is running this on Dolphin without problems but I seem to have rotten luck, I don't understand it, at all, and I'm about to pull my hair out. The hierarchy is correct, the files for the clone are correct, in fact, Gecko OS loads the ISO just fine, so long as there is no GCT file. If the GCT is in there, it crashes right away, so please, if anyone has their GCT for me to test, it would be greatly appreciated.


Quote from: Sammi Husky on April 13, 2014, 02:13:07 AM
Try this one: FilePatch only


Tried that, it got past the Gecko OS screen, Hook Type is set to AXNextFrame and the config file has been saved, I loaded the ISO and it bloody locked up on me. I'm just doomed to never being able to run this hack on Dolphin, at all, so, the GCT file was another variable that we ruled out, who knows what else it can be...  :(  Damn...

Quote from: the_randomizer on April 13, 2014, 02:19:42 AM

Tried that, it got past the Gecko OS screen, Hook Type is set to AXNextFrame and the config file has been saved, I loaded the ISO and it bloody locked up on me. I'm just doomed to never being able to run this hack on Dolphin, at all, so, the GCT file was another variable that we ruled out, who knows what else it can be...  :(  Damn...

Are you using the gameconfig.txt file?
Gecko OS usually needs it for long codes.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

But just one filepatch code wouldn't exceed the limit. hmm.

Have you tried the Dolphin Build of BrawlExpanded? If that doesn't work, it is definitely your Dolphin configuration.

Also turn panic handlers on, that might help determine the problem.

Quote from: Sammi Husky on April 13, 2014, 02:43:44 AM
But just one filepatch code wouldn't exceed the limit. hmm.

Well, then he's doing something wrong.
Or he is a PAL user and can't do it because this File Patch Code is for NTSC-U.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.