The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 65 Guests are viewing this topic.

April 13, 2014, 03:09:04 AM #4935 Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:10:45 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: HaloFanODST on April 13, 2014, 03:05:53 AM
Well, then he's doing something wrong.
Or he is a PAL user and can't do it because this File Patch Code is for NTSC-U.

Nope, all my games are NTSC-U, never touched a PAL game.

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on April 13, 2014, 03:05:04 AM
Have you tried the Dolphin Build of BrawlExpanded? If that doesn't work, it is definitely your Dolphin configuration.

Also turn panic handlers on, that might help determine the problem.

Emulator crashes before any messages are displayed. I tried Dolphin 3.0, same results, also crashes. This has given me so much stress I might as well run it on a real Wii.

Quote from: the_randomizer on April 13, 2014, 03:09:04 AM
Nope, all my games are NTSC-U, never touched a PAL game.

Then it is your Dolphin configuration or you're doing something wrong over there.

IDK since I use my Wii to load Brawl hacks.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

April 13, 2014, 03:17:33 AM #4937 Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:27:22 AM by the_randomizer
Quote from: HaloFanODST on April 13, 2014, 03:10:45 AM
Then it is your Dolphin configuration or you're doing something wrong over there.

IDK since I use my Wii to load Brawl hacks.

I tried deleting all the config and still does it, Why, I haven't a clue, I like Dolphin because for my other hacks, it's more convenient to test (then again, they're more basic), but something this complex, yeah right, I don't have high hopes.  I've followed two different but reliable tutorials, one that was automatic and the other was done manually. Oddly enough, again, I can load Gecko OS and it does load the ISO image just fine, so long as there are no gct files. It's when gct files are found that it locks up


Current SD.raw hiearchy:

Private/wii/app/rsbe/pf
codes/rsbe01.gct

no apps folder in root

Then in the pf folder:

pf/BrawlEx
pf/fighter/krystal/all Peach's renamed files
pf/menu2/sc_selcharacter.pac
pf/module/bx_fighter.rel, ft_kirby.rel, ft_krystal.rel (for Peach)
pf/system/common2 and common3.pac

Then in the BrawEx folder:

BrawlEX/CSSRoster.dat
BrawlEX/CosmeticConfig/Cosmetic3F.dat
BrawlEx/CSSSlotConfig/CSSSlot3F.dat
BrawlEx/FighterConfig/Fighter3F.dat
BrawlEx/SlotConfig/Slot3F.dat

3F was intended to be for Krystal over Peach, but no codes seem to be working. Tried this on both my current modified and unmodified ISO images, same results.

If that's not the correct hierarchy, I don't know what is.  :-\

More detailed screenshots coming in a bit.

excellent work jon don bravoex

V. 1.00

I haven't really been here recently, so I have a few questions.
1.) Have any new modules been released? The last one I saw was CF
2.)Why does CF FS freeze?
3.) has anyone found a fix to the now loading freeze?

Quote from: Rosetta-Hime on April 13, 2014, 03:25:49 AM
3.) has anyone found a fix to the now loading freeze?
You can't have the "info2" folder.

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: Xero874 on April 13, 2014, 03:27:21 AM
You can't have the "info2" folder.


How does that answer the question?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: HaloFanODST on April 13, 2014, 03:33:27 AM
How does that answer the question?
If you have the "Info2" folder, Brawl will not load past Now Loading...

My current BrawlEx pack: https://www.mediafire.com/?m9e63e219aawke1
Version 0.04

Quote from: Xero874 on April 13, 2014, 03:38:46 AM
If you have the "Info2" folder, Brawl will not load past Now Loading...

I don't have it and it still happens most of the time.

But eventually works as it should.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: the_randomizer on April 13, 2014, 03:09:04 AM
Nope, all my games are NTSC-U, never touched a PAL game.

Emulator crashes before any messages are displayed. I tried Dolphin 3.0, same results, also crashes. This has given me so much stress I might as well run it on a real Wii.
Try Dolphin 4.01 its much better :sparta:

Quote from: HaloFanODST on April 13, 2014, 03:40:39 AM
I don't have it and it still happens most of the time.

But eventually works as it should.
Besides that, I do have it and it works every time.

Want cBliss on your BrawlEx Build? Check out this tutorial!

April 13, 2014, 03:42:12 AM #4946 Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:45:31 AM by the_randomizer
I'm think I'll need to send the hierarchy of SD.raw for someone to look at to ensure it's correctly done because clearly, there's a piece of the puzzle that's missing. I'm close, very close, to getting this done, but this is getting very weird, at least then, someone can determine what the issue is.


Quote from: KingImpris on April 13, 2014, 03:41:06 AM
Try Dolphin 4.01 its much better :sparta:

I've tried numerous versions, I only went back to 3.0 as per a suggestion, I've tried 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, didn't do jack squat. I think I'll have someone look at my folder/file hierarchy of the SD.raw file or something, as I'm clearly not doing something right.  Loading the ISO via Gecko OS without a gct file, game boots perfectly fine, load the ISO with Gecko OS plus the File Patch Code, instant crash after going through Gecko. That's what I need help with, to have someone else double check my files as someone can make the same error without realizing it, but with someone else double checking, you can find out more.

Quote from: the_randomizer on April 13, 2014, 03:17:33 AM
I tried deleting all the config and still does it, Why, I haven't a clue, I like Dolphin because for my other hacks, it's more convenient to test (then again, they're more basic), but something this complex, yeah right, I don't have high hopes.  I've followed two different but reliable tutorials, one that was automatic and the other was done manually. Oddly enough, again, I can load Gecko OS and it does load the ISO image just fine, so long as there are no gct files. It's when gct files are found that it locks up


Current SD.raw hiearchy:

Private/wii/app/rsbe/pf
codes/rsbe01.gct

no apps folder in root

Then in the pf folder:

pf/BrawlEx
pf/fighter/krystal/all Peach's renamed files
pf/menu2/sc_selcharacter.pac
pf/module/bx_fighter.rel, ft_kirby.rel, ft_krystal.rel (for Peach)
pf/system/common2 and common3.pac

Then in the BrawEx folder:

BrawlEX/CSSRoster.dat
BrawlEX/CosmeticConfig/Cosmetic3F.dat
BrawlEx/CSSSlotConfig/CSSSlot3F.dat
BrawlEx/FighterConfig/Fighter3F.dat
BrawlEx/SlotConfig/Slot3F.dat

3F was intended to be for Krystal over Peach, but no codes seem to be working. Tried this on both my current modified and unmodified ISO images, same results.

If that's not the correct hierarchy, I don't know what is.  :-\

More detailed screenshots coming in a bit.
I sense you're using Dolphin x64. Try using the x86 version. It probably won't help, but that's what I use.

Quote from: Doqtor Kirby on April 13, 2014, 03:45:01 AM
I sense you're using Dolphin x64. Try using the x86 version. It probably won't help, but that's what I use.

Never thought of that, I use the X64 since I'm on a 64-bit version of Windows 7 Pro, again, I might have someone look at the files/folders for what I use, and possibly even test it on their end to see if it's a PEBKAC error.

Quote from: the_randomizer on April 13, 2014, 03:46:44 AM
Never thought of that, I use the X64 since I'm on a 64-bit version of Windows 7 Pro, again, I might have someone look at the files/folders for what I use, and possibly even test it on their end to see if it's a PEBKAC error.
I dunno what a pebkac is, but I happen to have the same setup as you do (64-bit Windows 7 Professional).