Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 444 445 446 [447] 448 449 450 ... 590
Author Topic: The Brawl Expansion Project  (Read 2848083 times)
secretchaos1
Extreme Kitten

Well, I don't want to leave this blank

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 Featured Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6690 on: July 13, 2014, 09:41:08 PM »

hmm think we may need to wait for sammi, pw, or another coder to look into it. at least maybe tell us why its crashing.

I figure when a more stable release comes along it might end up fixed regardless. It's not so bad for me cause I can just reboot and once I'm passed it I'm passed it, but I hope some solution is found for people who have it more frequently. Crashing's never fun.

Don Jon Bravo
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Boo! Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6691 on: July 13, 2014, 10:37:14 PM »

I figure when a more stable release comes along it might end up fixed regardless. It's not so bad for me cause I can just reboot and once I'm passed it I'm passed it, but I hope some solution is found for people who have it more frequently. Crashing's never fun.
    have u guys tried a pack?
    ther may be something wrong like a corrupted file.
    I know I had an issue not long ago with an info pac file, till I dropped it

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6692 on: July 14, 2014, 12:07:52 AM »

have u guys tried a pack?
    ther may be something wrong like a corrupted file.
    I know I had an issue not long ago with an info pac file, till I dropped it
    i've used my sd card on 2 seperate wii's it seems specifically a problem with USB loading.  i've narrowed it down to that. it probably has something to do with IOS support. anyone else use a USB loader and gotten it working? if so what USB launcher and what cIOS do you use?

[TLoZ]Link
    Advanced Kitten

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6693 on: July 14, 2014, 12:17:51 AM »

i've used my sd card on 2 seperate wii's it seems specifically a problem with USB loading.  i've narrowed it down to that. it probably has something to do with IOS support. anyone else use a USB loader and gotten it working? if so what USB launcher and what cIOS do you use?
    cIOS 249 on USB Loader GX with the hooktype OSSleepthread and not AXNextFrame because it was buggy for my Wii.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6694 on: July 14, 2014, 12:41:07 AM »

cIOS 249 on USB Loader GX with the hooktype OSSleepthread and not AXNextFrame because it was buggy for my Wii.
    Oh really? I'll give OSSleepthread a shot and see how that works for me then, cause other than that I'm on the same setup.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #6695 on: July 14, 2014, 01:47:52 AM »

I'll try that hook. I use cfg usb loader, but i  am pretty sure must leaders load gecko the same way. I'll post my results

Edit 1: Used the OSsleepthread hook same result. froze after the strap menu. i'm gonna try with usb loader GX. i'll post my results. may be a little later tho atm my sd card totally got stuck in my wii slot Dx it is reading fine just won't eject... .-.
    « Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 02:09:29 AM by Sirkura » Logged

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6696 on: July 14, 2014, 07:50:39 AM »

OSsleepthread works like a charm for me! I tried loading it a few times in a row and I'm not getting any issues anymore.
    Hopefully you manage to get your card out. Maybe something else in your game load options is causing the early crash? I'm on a recent (if not the latest, I don't really keep up anymore) version on d2x cios and it loads up fine on sleepthread for me, when PW gets back we should probably add that to the OP for USB users.

[TLoZ]Link
    Advanced Kitten

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6697 on: July 14, 2014, 11:48:23 AM »

OSsleepthread works like a charm for me! I tried loading it a few times in a row and I'm not getting any issues anymore.
    Hopefully you manage to get your card out. Maybe something else in your game load options is causing the early crash? I'm on a recent (if not the latest, I don't really keep up anymore) version on d2x cios and it loads up fine on sleepthread for me, when PW gets back we should probably add that to the OP for USB users.
    Told ya! Smiley
    It would also crash on me on the strap menu very often and ever since I switched it hasn't crashed.
    « Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:49:43 AM by [TLoZ]Link » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6698 on: July 14, 2014, 01:04:09 PM »

It's not necessarily because USB loaders. I use AXnextFrame with CFG and usbloader GX just fine, and never had a freeze. Whatever hooktype happens to work better for you, i suppose. Though it could be caused by any number of things that maybe your specific setup handles better on ossleepthread.

All in all, what i'm trying to say is that the axnextframe is the most stable of the choices. ossleepthread can cause other strange glitches sometimes, where axnextframe does not. Overall, i don't really know what is causing your crashes but it's likely a setup error or maybe even a BX native bug when using certain files, but i haven't crashed yet on CFG or usbloader GX with axnextframe.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #6699 on: July 14, 2014, 01:08:56 PM »

I managed to get my card out. The sticker on it was coming off a bit so it was getting stuck.i tried using gx but i can't seem to get it to work. Gonna take some time to get it working. Set up seems a bit different then cfg.

Sammi, what set up do you use for cfg? cIOS? I use 249 d2x with i believe a 56 base. I also have 250 with 57 base
    « Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 01:13:27 PM by Sirkura » Logged

Sammi Husky
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker >9000 King for a Day

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6700 on: July 14, 2014, 01:30:45 PM »

I personally use CIOS 248 with a 56 base i believe..cant quite recall since it's been some time since i'd last checked. I know for sure i use CIOS 248 though Smiley

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #6701 on: July 14, 2014, 03:43:56 PM »

I actually have 248 as well I'll try it but its basically just 249 in a 48 slot. Any idea wich cIOS your using? (d2x, hermes, winikoko, etc) that makes more a difference then the slot the ios uses. I think i should also look for updates to both my loader and cios. Its been about a year since i checked

Edit: 248 is a bust. Same thing
    « Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 05:14:24 PM by Sirkura » Logged

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6702 on: July 14, 2014, 06:23:26 PM »

I don't think mine is an issue with the files themselves, I've had this issue any time I've tried BrawlEx my personal setup or any of the packs I've tinkered with. That's why I used to think it was a problem with my SD card.
    Could be the cios I'm running on? No one else has mentioned d2x but regardless it's running fine now.
    I'll make note if I get any weird glitches on OSSleepthread but so far it's been all fine.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #6703 on: July 14, 2014, 08:22:21 PM »

I don't think mine is an issue with the files themselves, I've had this issue any time I've tried BrawlEx my personal setup or any of the packs I've tinkered with. That's why I used to think it was a problem with my SD card.
    Could be the cios I'm running on? No one else has mentioned d2x but regardless it's running fine now.
    I'll make note if I get any weird glitches on OSSleepthread but so far it's been all fine.
    lol I've mentioned d2x I'm all my posts xD. The problem is most people don't fully understand cIOS. the slot (249, 250, 222,223, etc) doesn't really mean anything. The real trick with them is that each one you install ,an be vastly different then the last. For instance hermes ios must purple install in 222/223 but you can install it in any stub (248-251 for instance) but hermes cios is very different from winikoko's cios, they both have different features they use, and they can pretty much use any ios as a base wich further diffrentiates themselves from one another. Think its more of varying compatibility between the cios wich will be harder to pin down. actually gonna test 222 next (hermes) all my others are d2x.

secretchaos1
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6704 on: July 15, 2014, 08:49:36 AM »

lol I've mentioned d2x I'm all my posts xD. The problem is most people don't fully understand cIOS. the slot (249, 250, 222,223, etc) doesn't really mean anything. The real trick with them is that each one you install ,an be vastly different then the last. For instance hermes ios must purple install in 222/223 but you can install it in any stub (248-251 for instance) but hermes cios is very different from winikoko's cios, they both have different features they use, and they can pretty much use any ios as a base wich further diffrentiates themselves from one another. Think its more of varying compatibility between the cios wich will be harder to pin down. actually gonna test 222 next (hermes) all my others are d2x.

Oh, I didn't notice! But yeah, a lot of people think the slot is all there is to it. Hopefully one of your cios + hooktype combos get it to work.

Pages:  1 ... 444 445 446 [447] 448 449 450 ... 590
    Print
    Jump to: