The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 20 Guests are viewing this topic.

July 15, 2014, 04:40:12 PM #6705 Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 04:42:56 PM by Ezehokadrim
Saw you guys speaking about other working hooktypes so I decided to change mine just to see if it would help. I'm currently testing a couple things on Dolphin since it's faster than on the Wii and I had terrible audio quality. Tried OSSleepThread since it's reported to work here and it fixed the audio but cause graphical glitches (no game breaking ones though) so I tried the others and found out GXFlush worked for me without any crash or glitch. While I didn't test it for long, I just decided to tell you all in case anyone has audio quality problems on the emulator and wondered why (though it may not be the only problem).

Edit: Forgot to mention I'm on Dolphin 4.0 build 1841 just in case it matters.

yeah this is my roster if anyone would wanna try and make it
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=69533.msg1282132#new
i also made colorsjust for brawl ex i have them if you want
i have a new site click here to check it out
http://mrhalloweencreations.wix.com/-unkownkokiri

with brawl ex cbliss is it possible to add 12 costume slots for mario ?

Quote from: SmashKing64 on July 16, 2014, 10:07:50 AM
with brawl ex cbliss is it possible to add 12 costume slots for mario ?


Only 10 costumes. The next 2 costume slots are already used by Donkey Kong.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.


So, after getting into the game with hooktype AXNextFrame (which normally doesn't happen), I went in and tried to test Alloys in Multi-Man Brawl.

1) Textures were still messed up on things like controller icons, and more importantly,

2) Game crashed (buzz of death) after about 10 KOs in 100-Man Brawl with Red Alloy (I'm guessing it was starting to determine what character to load in the 25th slot).

Do we know what causes this crash, and is there any way to fix it?

OK Got a few advanced questions.

1. If I choose not to use the Alloys can I add more ex characters in their spot? Im currently at about 70s in the CSSroster so I have more space. So it would be fighter 64, slot 64 etc. Does the code allow this? Or say I take a Marth clone's config files and rename them to the Alloy's vallues would that work? Or are those spots only dedicated to Alloys and are unable to be replaced with ex characters.

2. I read a post awhile back that if you use the unstable build with the stable build's version of bx_fighter you won't run in to the unstable build issues(Ganon clones, Sonic clones uising FS). Is this true?

How do I expand the costumes of the regular characters like in Nebulans build?

Quote from: BlazeBlue on July 16, 2014, 10:23:58 PM
How do I expand the costumes of the regular characters like in Nebulans build?
Use the config tool to open up the characters fighter.dat. In that there should be selection boxes with numbers. Each box represents a characters costume slots. Select the ones you want to add. Then you have to also add corresponding CSPs in the sc_selcharacter.pac. Then you should be set.

July 16, 2014, 10:35:34 PM #6714 Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 10:38:20 PM by BlazeBlue
Really? I've tried that before but the brawl characters didn't respond

Post Merge: July 16, 2014, 10:38:20 PM

Oh! And is there a clone SFX tutorial

Quote from: SmashKing64 on July 16, 2014, 01:26:43 PM
dam

Yeah, but you can have up to 10 costumes. That's good enough.

Quote from: BlazeBlue on July 16, 2014, 10:35:34 PM
Oh! And is there a clone SFX tutorial

No, not really.

King of Chaos posted a "sort of" tutorial about that.
But it is kind of hard, and BrawlBox eventually crashes when editing.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

You can do almost the same with PSA. You'll just have to look for the SFX IDs...
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

Quote from: AkenoS3 on July 17, 2014, 12:04:20 AM
You can do almost the same with PSA. You'll just have to look for the SFX IDs...

Were you able to change Death sounds and Final Smash sounds with PSA?

That's not possible.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Quote from: Alejandro MiddleCorn on July 17, 2014, 12:31:57 AM
Were you able to change Death sounds and Final Smash sounds with PSA?

That's not possible.
FS, it is. Death, it isn't.
[red]On PC On Phone
My PSA thread below.
A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.


Quote from: LC the Immolator on November 07, 2014, 03:57:35 PMLearning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

July 17, 2014, 12:59:01 AM #6719 Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:18:15 AM by ajthag
Quote from: BlazeBlue on July 16, 2014, 10:35:34 PM
Really? I've tried that before but the brawl characters didn't respond

Post Merge: July 16, 2014, 10:38:20 PM

Oh! And is there a clone SFX tutorial

Unfortunately no. However, Ive figured it out and I'm having great karma with brawl hacking(none of my test got the beep of death. Yay!) so I'll give you the run down here

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.