The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: Don Jon BravoEX on August 06, 2014, 05:35:27 PM
Its ok apperantly everyon3 gets confused vecause the tutorial videos r outdated and use the css code. I told sammy to rename that tutorial to a brawl minus only tutorial.

The minus and vBrawl tutorials are outdated, however they are not dated in the sense that they should be taken down. People still use the CSS code, and if i remove that one i'll have to make a new one explaining the css code. Everything applied in those first tutorials is still applicable. However i do have plans of re-doing them. There is no difference in using the CSS code vs the cssroster.dat except that you can get more characters. Other than that, the engine is exactly the same between them

OK, can somebody tell me how to change the SFX in PSA? I've been seriously needing that for a while, this is my first time using SFX in BrawlEx... :srs:

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!
NNID: Supersawnik99

I just replied regarding that on the last page. Either use BBox to edit them directly, or find the offset and add 0x80 to it. Then, open your moveset file in a hex editor and go to that address to change the info index to the sound you want. Your best bet is just to use BBox 0.68b to edit them directly if you don't have hex experience

Quote from: Sammi Husky on August 06, 2014, 09:40:31 AM
It is PSA'able, you just need to know where the offset is. You can find these offsets using tabuu or BBox 0.68b. In both programs, they will be under a misc section, and then a sound effect section. Finding the offsets for which to find them in PSA is a bit more tricky, however it can be done. The easiest way by far however is to just open the file in a hex editor and go to the specified location (after finding what sound you want to change first of course)

All sounds, including death, star KO, ottotto (teetering), damage, attack sounds, and low voice clips can be found in this section. Once you find their location, it's as easy as changing the info index to the sound that you want. Funny thing, i had recorded the sfx tutorial yesterday, but ran into some trouble in the middle twice on account of not using vBrawl so i decided to re-record it. Hopefully i'll have it recorded and up by the end of the week. I'll also do the gfx one at that time as well.

(i'll also update the tool since the current version is basically broken)

Anybody have any idea how to assign custom victory themes to clones? i'm trying to assign a victory theme to shadow. don't really want him to have sonics

Quote from: Gigaeel on August 07, 2014, 02:32:06 AM
Anybody have any idea how to assign custom victory themes to clones? i'm trying to assign a victory theme to shadow. don't really want him to have sonics

secretchaos posted that a while ago.
And here you go:

Quote from: secretchaos1 on August 03, 2014, 03:15:48 AM
Open the slot config of the fighter you want to edit with a hex editor, then go to that offset and fill in the value that corresponds with the song you want them to use for their victory theme.

So for instance Mario on default has his set to 00 00 28 3D, but if I wanted him to use say the SSE results bgm I'd change that to 00 00 28 24 and it would load up that track instead.
I've got an incomplete list of in game song ids here if you want to mess with it, but it doesn't include the victory themes. You can get them by looking at the config template of the character's who you want to use though.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


And these are the song names:

Quote from: secretchaos1 on August 04, 2014, 12:47:10 AM

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Thank you so much. Exactly what I needed

August 07, 2014, 06:32:40 AM #6921 Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 06:35:35 AM by chocodino
Edit: How do you make a character compatible with rotation? [I guess one only needs a stock icon, but I don't know where the rotation files are stored].

On topic: Has anything happened since the Zelda/ROB/Toon Link REL?

Off Topic: I'm going dark until the next Brawl EX update. I want to go back to playing video games so I'm stepping away until the next step goes into motion. Which is why I haven't been here or responded to anything. I'm playing Fire Emblem 1-11. Wish me luck.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

sammi when will you be posting the updated one?
i have a new site click here to check it out
http://mrhalloweencreations.wix.com/-unkownkokiri

Quote from: Nebulon on August 08, 2014, 03:42:50 AM
On topic: Has anything happened since the Zelda/ROB/Toon Link REL?

Far as I've seen they all work decently.
I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Quote from: Kitsu-chan on August 08, 2014, 04:55:03 AM
Far as I've seen they all work decently.

The Zelda one?
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

August 08, 2014, 11:49:06 PM #6927 Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:02:11 AM by r_stronghammer
Does anyone know if the "Unstable Build" can brick wiis? Or does in only work on dolphin...

P.S. Is playing on a WiiU Risky? It's what I've been doing so far.


EDIT: Do the Zelda/Rob/Whozzit EXModules/RELs work on earlier versions of brawlex?

The "Unstable Build" probably has a good bit of bugs in it and the fact it hasn't been tested on an actual Wii, so it could have a slight chance of bricking your Wii.

I have heard using a Wii U's vWii can be risky, but that is with anything involving modding or hacking in general. Just don't be stupid and 99% you should be good.

I haven't tried the new Rels yet since I've been using the stable release. If I can get a chance, I'll test the Unstable version on my actual Wii and get back to you about your questions.

Quote from: r_stronghammer on August 08, 2014, 11:49:06 PM
Does anyone know if the "Unstable Build" can brick wiis? Or does in only work on dolphin...

P.S. Is playing on a WiiU Risky? It's what I've been doing so far.


EDIT: Do the Zelda/Rob/Whozzit EXModules/RELs work on earlier versions of brawlex?

I don't think there is any chance of bricking your Wii/WiiU. The worst that will happen is a crash.
All of the RELs seem to work just fine, with the exception of Captain Falcon. Captain Falcon clones will crash if their final smash loads the Blue Falcon or the raceway.