The Brawl Expansion Project

Started by PhantomWings, January 01, 2014, 05:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SonicBrawler on August 30, 2014, 05:08:36 PM
yup open the file in hxd or somethign and edit that spot

...so if I were to use an unused slot like "Z56", what do I put in the slot?


38, sonce that is 56 in hex.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: KeiroStarr on August 30, 2014, 05:27:45 PM
...then where does the Z come in?

The first letter just stands for the series it comes from. For example, A is the Mario series.

Quote from: Wooflezz on August 30, 2014, 03:10:31 PM
What character did you cloned? Sonic?..
This is because you didn't add the in-game portrite to the character you cloned, so go to info/potrite and create: "InfFace1101" then add the BP's, and It should work and it appears the Yellow Alloy Name because you haven't added the "MenSelchrChrNmS.1101" to your info.pac and add the Franchise emblem too "MenSelchrMark.21" (I'm using the 3F slot)


Your advice helped me find the issue :D The program encoded the BP image in the wrong format.
It worked now. Thanks!
[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]

[black]ㅤlㅤ[/black]


August 30, 2014, 08:47:29 PM #7160 Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 11:35:16 PM by Bgeo25
Quote from: leondanny56 on August 30, 2014, 04:54:31 AM
tell me which clone you have on which character that is giveing you the problem, because i have a feeling i know what your problem is and i think i know how to fix it too.

Post Merge: August 30, 2014, 05:06:05 AM

i think you may need to fix this problem without the clone tool because the problem you are experiencing is the same one i had with my jiggly puff a while back except my when my jiggly puff froze it said green alloy instead of yellow alloy, the way i fixed it was by first making sure my battle portrite was named right and by making sure it was in the right folder by lookin up brawlex tourials on youtube, on youtube there is a tutorial that tells you a different way to set up the battle portrites so the'll work and the way you set them up is far easier than sammis video on how to set them up, if you would like i can get you a link to the video i used to set up my battle poritrites of my clones.

Hi thanks for the response but the clone (LucasEx in slot 3F) is actually NOT what's giving me a problem. That works. However, my REL ported PSAs are the ones that cause the game to freeze.. I'm assuming that the modules are the issue but these PSAs worked before I started using BrawlEx but not anymore. Do you think any other files for BrawlEx could conflict with REL ported PSAs?

EDIT: Okay I got one rel ported character (Roy over Marth ported to Diddy) to work but as soon as his entry is about to play at the beginning of the battle the game freezes. I thought this was strange because I have an entry file for him and even without the entry file the game still freezes.
La Vida Loca

Quote from: Makarew on August 30, 2014, 06:20:41 PM
The first letter just stands for the series it comes from. For example, A is the Mario series.

but then how would Brawl Ex know I'm using the unused Y and Z IDs?


Guys, you gotta help me... My clone is crashing and I don't know why! It crashes when he enters the battle. Like, Mario jumps out and it says "3"! and then it crashes. I have the filler files, and I have the correct module. HELP! (P.S. The clone is Dark Link)

August 30, 2014, 11:39:54 PM #7163 Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 11:41:27 PM by Bgeo25
Quote from: r_stronghammer on August 30, 2014, 10:54:10 PM
Guys, you gotta help me... My clone is crashing and I don't know why! It crashes when he enters the battle. Like, Mario jumps out and it says "3"! and then it crashes. I have the filler files, and I have the correct module. HELP! (P.S. The clone is Dark Link)

Hi. Does your module have the correct slot ID in its hex code? Clone slot IDs start at 3F, and then go 40, 41, etc.
La Vida Loca

Quote from: Makarew on August 30, 2014, 06:20:41 PM
The first letter just stands for the series it comes from. For example, A is the Mario series.

what? no. not even close

Quote from: KeiroStarr on August 30, 2014, 10:36:22 PM
but then how would Brawl Ex know I'm using the unused Y and Z IDs?

its alreayd preprogrammed to take in the Z ones.
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

August 31, 2014, 12:04:54 AM #7165 Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 12:06:19 AM by r_stronghammer
Quote from: Bgeo25 on August 30, 2014, 11:39:54 PM
Hi. Does your module have the correct slot ID in its hex code? Clone slot IDs start at 3F, and then go 40, 41, etc.

Yeah, it has the right ID. It's ID 61. Does that slot have any glitches like slot 54?

Oh, and the clone is over Marth. It's not the CSPs or BPs because I tested it with marth's BPs.

August 31, 2014, 01:06:21 AM #7166 Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 01:37:40 AM by moydow
Quote from: SonicBrawler on August 30, 2014, 11:47:04 PM
its alreayd preprogrammed to take in the Z ones.

Actually, this isn't the case. It isn't pre-programmed to use any group of tracks. The letter Z just identifies it as one of the various fanfares used in the game (victory themes, "new trophy", "game over", etc), similar to how the letter I identifies F-Zero songs, or A identifies Mario songs. If you wanted to, you could use any of the stage BGMs as a victory theme.

For example, ROB's victory theme is Z35.brstm. Open his SlotConfig file (Slot26.dat) in a hex editor, and you get this:


53 4C 54 43 00 00 00 30 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 23 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
00 00 28 5C 19 CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC


The numbers in red (these start at location 0x20 - in HxD, with default settings, this is at the start of the third line) are the hex ID of ROB's victory theme (note that 0x0000285C refers to neither "Z" nor "35"). Say you want to replace it with the Mute City theme - filename I01, hex ID 0x00002778. Replace the numbers in red above with Mute City's ID:


53 4C 54 43 00 00 00 30 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 23 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
00 00 27 78 19 CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC


Save this as /private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/BrawlEx/SlotConfig/Slot26.dat. Load the game, play as ROB, and win. You should be greeted by the Mute City theme (or whatever else you might have as track I01).

...not that you'd actually use Mute City as a victory theme, since it just loops endlessly :P I just did that as an example, you'd want to replace I01.brstm with an actual victory theme if you planned on doing this.

(this example can apply to any character, for using any track as their victory theme - just use the appropriate base SlotConfig file, and change the hex ID to point to the desired victory theme.)

@KeiroStarr: as far as I can tell, the only way to give clones their own victory themes is to overwrite existing BRSTMs, but as above, you don't necessarily have to replace other victory themes. You could put your clone's victory theme over a stage BGM you don't particularly like, set that BGM to never load in My Music, and edit the SlotConfig so it loads the correct file instead of the original character's victory theme (in the SlotConfig file, the victory theme ID will always be those four bytes at 0x20, and the first two bytes will always be 00 00). You can't just pick a random number like Z66 that doesn't already exist, and expect it to work, since it won't have a hex ID within the game's coding pointing at it.

(I have a full list of song/SFX hex IDs that I found somewhere else on this forum or another, but I don't remember where exactly, and I don't want to just repost them without giving credit. I'll try and find the original post, and add it here later)



Quote from: Bgeo25 on August 30, 2014, 08:47:29 PM
EDIT: Okay I got one rel ported character (Roy over Marth ported to Diddy) to work but as soon as his entry is about to play at the beginning of the battle the game freezes. I thought this was strange because I have an entry file for him and even without the entry file the game still freezes.

Is this the port you're using? If so, all you need from there to get Roy working in BrawlEx are the files in the "For yah boy" folder. The ft_diddy.rel probably doesn't work with BrawlEx (which I suspect may be your problem - please correct me if I'm wrong!) - you'll need to use Marth's ExModule, which should have been included in the BrawlEx download. Open it with the module editor, and click on "ft_marth BX V1.1.rel". On the right, change the ID to 0x90 (or something else if that's already used). Click on the (+) to expand the menu, go to section [8], and click "Memory viewer". In the next screen that appears, double-click the highlighted section, and change 11 to 40 (or whichever ID you used for Roy). Close, and save the file as <sd>/private/wii/app/rsbe/pf/module/ft_roy.rel (don't save it over the original Marth REL!). This is working for me, at least - let me know if it still won't work for you.



Quote from: r_stronghammer on August 30, 2014, 10:54:10 PM
Guys, you gotta help me... My clone is crashing and I don't know why! It crashes when he enters the battle. Like, Mario jumps out and it says "3"! and then it crashes. I have the filler files, and I have the correct module. HELP! (P.S. The clone is Dark Link)

Sounds like the module to me - did you change the IDs in the module itself (like I said above)?

These are the song values in hex:

Quote from: secretchaos1 on August 03, 2014, 03:15:48 AM
26F9 Menu 1
26FA Menu 1
26FB Menu 2
26FC Battlefield
26FD Final Destination
26FF Online Practice Stage
2700 Results Display Screen
2701 Tournament Registration
2702 Tournament Grid
2703 Tournament Match End
2705 Classic: Results Screen
2706 ENDING
2707 All-Star Rest Area
2708 Home-Run Contest
2709 Cruel Brawl
270A Boss Battle
270B Trophy Gallery
270C Sticker Album / Album / Chronicle
270D Coin Launcher
270F Stage Builder
2712 Target Smash!!
2713 Credits
2714 Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros.)
2715 Underground Theme (Super Mario Bros.)
2716 Underwater Theme (Super Mario Bros.)
2717 Underground Theme (Super Mario Land)
2718 Airship Theme (Super Mario Bros. 3)
2719 Castle / Boss Fortress (Super Mario World / SMB 3)
271A Title / Ending (Super Mario World)
271B Main Theme (New Super Mario Bros.)
271C Luigi's Mansion Theme
271D Gritzy Desert
271E MLRPG02 (Unused)
271F MORINOKINOKO (Unused)
2720 Delfino Plaza
2721 Ricco Harbor
2722 Main Theme (Super Mario 64)
2723 Ground Theme 2 (Super Mario Bros.)
2724 Mario Bros.
2725 Mario Circuit
2726 Luigi Circuit
2727 Waluigi Pinball
2728 Rainbow Road
2729 Jungle Level Ver.2
272A The Map Page / Bonus Level
272B Opening (Donkey Kong)
272C Donkey Kong
272D King K.Rool / Ship Deck 2
272E Bramble Blast
272F Battle for Storm Hill
2730 Jungle Level
2731 25m BGM
2732 DK Jungle 1 Theme (Barrel Blast)
2733 Title (The Legend of Zelda)
2734 Main Theme (The Legend of Zelda)
2735 Great Temple / Temple
2736 The Dark World
2737 Hidden Mountain & Forest
2738 KAZENOSAKANA (Unused)
2739 Tal Tal Heights
273A Hyrule Field Theme
273B Ocarina of Time Medley
273C Song of Storms
273D Molgera Battle
273E Village of the Blue Maiden
273F Gerudo Valley
2740 Termina Field
2741 Dragon Roost Island
2742 The Great Sea
2743 Main Theme (Twilight Princess)
2744 The Hidden Village
2745 Midna's Lament
2746 Main Theme (Metroid)
2747 Norfair
2748 Ending (Metroid)
2749 Vs. Ridley
274A Theme of Samus Aran, Space Warrior
274B Sector 1
274C Opening / Menu (Metroid Prime)
274D Vs. Parasite Queen
274E Vs. Meta Ridley
274F Multiplayer (Metroid Prime 2)
2750 Ending (Yoshi's Story)
2751 Obstacle Course
2752 Yoshi's Island
2753 [censored]IE (Unused)
2754 Flower Field
2755 Wildlands
2756 ATHLETIC2 (Unused)
2757 The Legendary Air Ride Machine
2758 King Dedede's Theme
2759 Boss Theme Medley
275A Butter Building
275B Gourmet Race
275C Meta Knight's Revenge
275D Vs. Marx
275E 0 Battle
275F Forest / Nature Area
2760 Checker Knights
2761 Frozen Hillside
2762 Squeak Squad Theme
2763 Main Theme (Star Fox)
2764 Corneria
2765 Main Theme (Star Fox 64)
2766 Area 6
2767 Star Wolf
2768 COMMAND (Unused)
2769 Space Battleground
276A Break Through the Ice
276B Star Wolf (Star Fox: Assault)
276C Space Armada
276D Area 6 Ver. 2
276E Pokémon Main Theme
276F Pokémon Center
2770 Road to Viridian City (From Pallet Town / Pewter City)
2771 Pokémon Gym / Evolution
2772 Wild Pokémon Battle! (Ruby / Sapphire)
2773 Victory Road
2774 Wild Pokémon Battle! (Diamond / Pearl)
2775 Dialga / Palkia Battle at Spear Pillar!
2776 Team Galactic Battle!
2777 Route 209
2778 Mute City
2779 White Land
277A Fire Field
277B Car Select
277C Dream Chaser
277D Devil's Call in Your Heart
277E Climb Up! And Get The Last Chance!
277F Brain Cleaner
2780 Shotgun Kiss
2781 Planet Colors
2783 Fire Emblem Theme
2784 Shadow Dragon Medley
2785 With Mila's Divine Protection (Celica Map 1)
2787 Preparing to Advance
2788 Winning Road - Roy's Hope
2789 Attack
278A Against the Dark Knight
278B Crimean Army Sortie
278C Power-Hungry Fool
278D Victory Is Near
278E Ike's Theme
278F Snowman
2790 SENTOUONIISAN (Unused)
2791 EIGHTMELODIES (Unused)
2792 SMILEANDTEARS (Unused)
2793 Humoresque of a Little Dog
2794 BECAUSE (Unused)
2795 Porky's Theme
2796 Mother 3 Love Theme
2797 Unfounded Revenge / Smashing Song of Praise
2798 You Call This a Utopia?!
2799 World Map (Pikmin 2)
279A Forest of Hope
279B Environmental Noises
279C Ai no Uta
279D Tane no Uta
279E Main Theme (Pikmin)
279F Stage Clear / Title (Pikmin)
27A0 Ai no Uta (French Version)
27A1 WarioWare, Inc.
27A2 WarioWare, Inc. Medley
27A3 Mona Pizza's Song (Japanese Version)
27A4 Mona Pizza's Song (English Version)
27A5 Mike's Song (Japanese Version)
27A6 Mike's Song (English Version)
27A7 Ashley's Song (Japanese Version)
27A8 Ashley's Song (English Version)
27B3 Title (Animal Crossing)
27B4 Go K.K. Rider!
27B5 2:00 a.m.
27B6 RADIOTAISO (Unused)
27B7 The Roost
27B8 Town Hall and Tom Nook's Store
27B9 K.K. Crusin'
27BA K.K. Western
27BB K.K. Gumbo
27BC Rockin' K.K.
27BD DJ K.K.
27BE K.K. Condor
27BF Underworld
27C0 Title (Kid Icarus)
27C1 Skyworld
27C2 Kid Icarus Original Medley
27C3 Famicom Medley
27C4 Gyromite
27C5 SPORTSMEDLEY (Unused)
27C6 Chill (Dr. Mario)
27C7 Clu Clu Land
27C8 Balloon Trip
27C9 Ice Climber
27CA Shin Onigashima
27CB Title (3D Hot Rally)
27CC Tetris: Type A
27CD Tetris: Type B
27CE Tunnel Scene (X)
27CF Power-Up Music
27D0 Douchuumen (Nazo no Murasamejo)
27D1 WILDTRACKS (Unused)
27D2 PictoChat
27D3 ELECTRO
27D4 Flat Zone 2
27D5 Mario Tennis / Mario Golf
27D6 Lip's Theme (Panel de Pon)
27D7 Marionation Gear
27D8 Title (Big Brain Academy)
27D9 Golden Forest (1080Snowboarding)
27DA Mii Channel
27DB Wii Shop Channel
27DC Battle Scene / Final Boss (Golden Sun)
27DD Shaberu! DS Cooking Navi
27DE Excite Truck
27DF Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day
27E0 Opening Theme (Wii Sports)
27E1 Charge! (Wii Play)
27E2 MAINTHEME (Unused)
27E3 Encounter
27E4 Theme of Tara
27E5 Yell "Dead Cell"
27E6 Snake Eater (Instrumental)
27E7 MGS4 Theme of Love Smash Bros. Brawl Version
27E8 Cavern
27E9 Battle in the Base
27EA BEATMANIA (Unused)
27EB Theme of Solid Snake
27EC Calling to the Night
27ED Credits (Super Smash Bros.)
27EE Menu (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
27EF Opening (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
27F0 HOWTOPLAY (Unused)
27F1 DXTERMINAL (Unused)
27F2 Green Hill Zone
27F3 Scrap Brain Zone
27F4 Emerald Hill Zone
27F5 Angel Island Zone
27F6 UCANDO
27F7 Sonic Boom
27F8 Super Sonic Racing
27F9 Open Your Heart
27FA Live & Learn
27FB Sonic Heroes
27FC Right There, Ride On
27FD HIS WORLD (Instrumental)
27FE Seven Rings In Hand
27FF Princess Peach's Castle (Melee)
2800 Rainbow Cruise (Melee)
2801 Jungle Japes (Melee)
2802 Brinstar Depths (Melee)
2803 Yoshi's Island (Melee)
2804 Fountain of Dreams (Melee)
2805 Green Greens (Melee)
2806 Corneria (Melee)
2807 Pokémon Stadium (Melee)
2808 Poké Floats (Melee)
2809 Big Blue (Melee)
280A Mother (Melee)
280B Icicle Mountain (Melee)
280C Flat Zone (Melee)
280D Super Mario Bros. 3 (Melee)
280E Battle Theme (Melee)
280F Fire Emblem (Melee)
2810 Mach Rider (Melee)
2811 Mother 2 (Melee)
2812 Dr. Mario (Melee)
2813 Battlefield (Melee)
2815 Multi-Man Melee 1 (Melee)
2816 Temple (Melee)
2817 Final Destination (Melee)
2818 Kongo Jungle (Melee)
2819 Brinstar (Melee)
281A Venom (Melee)
281B Mute City (Melee)
281C Menu (Melee)
281D Giga Bowser (Melee)
281F Adventure Map
2820 Step: The Plain
2821 Step: The Cave
2822 Step: Subspace
2823 Boss Battle Song 1
2824 SSE Results (Nameless)
2825 Boss Battle Song 2
2826 Save Point
2827 SSE DK Jungle (Nameless)
2828 SSE Luigi Mansion (Nameless)
2829 Halberd Interior (Nameless)
282A SSE Data Select (Nameless)
282B SSE Brinstar (Nameless)
282C Step: Subspace Ver.2
282D Step: Subspace Ver.3
282E Halberd Moving (Nameless)


Hope that helps.
Before someone attacks me:
No, I won't say/accept the term "American" to refer exclusively to people or things from the United States.
America is a continent and deal with it.
I'm an American, but not necessarily from the U.S.

Okay, so I've got one that's been bugging me for a few days now. No matter who I clone to 5C ends up freezing the game at the stage select (if using a gamecube controller; silent freeze) or when the stage starts to load the character (if using a wii controller; loud freeze). I'm not sure why.

I thought it might be an issue with the CSS but after replacing all the CSS pics it still freezes. I've found that the character CAN work, but only if you don't change the CSS picture using the CloneTool.

Now, I may be a bit picky, but it would bother me having two of the same character on the same screen and I'd like everyone to have their own pic. I've been using the newer clone tool (75a) to do all the modding thus far on this version. Is there any way to make my 5C slot load a  picture without freezing? Has anyone else had this problem?

Quote from: colonelmcdoogle on August 31, 2014, 01:40:00 AM
Okay, so I've got one that's been bugging me for a few days now. No matter who I clone to 5C ends up freezing the game at the stage select (if using a gamecube controller; silent freeze) or when the stage starts to load the character (if using a wii controller; loud freeze). I'm not sure why.

I thought it might be an issue with the CSS but after replacing all the CSS pics it still freezes. I've found that the character CAN work, but only if you don't change the CSS picture using the CloneTool.

Now, I may be a bit picky, but it would bother me having two of the same character on the same screen and I'd like everyone to have their own pic. I've been using the newer clone tool (75a) to do all the modding thus far on this version. Is there any way to make my 5C slot load a  picture without freezing? Has anyone else had this problem?
Have you checked your battle portraits filesize I had a similar problem with Mewtwo for quite some time. Turned out the filesize was one KB over what the other BPs have.